Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why don't people want to do stuff!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why don't people want to do stuff!?

Ioue
09.27.2017 , 11:52 AM | #21
One major reason for me is ... I have a full time job now. I don't have a lot of time to wait for people and chat despite having a want to do so. I'm pretty tired and don't want to deal with people after a long day from work and commuting. I'm already pretty asocial when it comes with people. Interacting via forums is ok, but previous experience on swtor gen chat as well as other mmos, can get so toxic and unwelcoming that I don't even have the energy to want to deal with it.

I realize finding a great guild would alleviate the social aspects and interactions, but like I mentioned, life can get in the way.

But when I do group, I try to be friendly and understanding as possible. Some people just don't.

DieAlteHexe
09.27.2017 , 11:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
/shakes lightcane at kids on hyperlawn. "Stay outta my holocherry tree! Dang younglings and their reflexes and Xantha music..."

This really hit home for me during GSF early access.

I tried GSF a couple times. I was so horrible and was laughing so hard I just gave it up. It was like: Don't these damn things have training wings or something?
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Sargrith
09.27.2017 , 12:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
I thought that was just a channel for hatin' on P***e
Sometimes it is. Sometimes it is productive. I have noticed a real drop in chat in it over the last month or two, and it is getting harder to use it to get an op together but if you are determined you still can.

Foambreaker
09.27.2017 , 12:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMizrahi View Post
Why doesn't anyone wasnt to do anything in this game? I spent 2 years server hopping looking for a server where people actually do stuff! Every server I went to where I tried to run an operation, a flashpoint, or even group pvp, people reacted like I had ten heads. About after a month I was on almost everyone's ignore list and I don't spam chat. No wonder this game is dying!
Part of the issue is that with a few exceptions all the group content is so old it makes your eyes bleed to do it again.

Tahana
09.27.2017 , 12:32 PM | #25
I found a guild that runs things that fit into my schedule. Working full time and owning a business means I have limited access time. I found a great guild that does stuff on the weekends when I have play time availability which is great.. Because honestly I hate pugs.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

IoNonSoEVero
09.27.2017 , 12:34 PM | #26
I just don't enjoy PvP or group content. It's that simple. I also don't enjoy interacting with strangers in the game very much, having had some negative interactions in the past. I go at my own pace, which may not be quick enough for people in groups. Plus, when there are a lot of different players on the screen doing different things, it gets overwhelming to me. I avoid open heroic areas for the same reason, I get easily distracted by other players.

Not sure why asking to group would get you on anyone's ignore list, though. The only times I've ever done that in relation to group content: 1) when someone's spammed me with duel requests and 2) one of the few times I grouped with someone for a heroic, they decided I was their new BFF and kept trying to pursue me after we'd finished the quest and I'd gone on my way.

Suzsi
09.27.2017 , 12:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I just don't enjoy PvP or group content. It's that simple. I also don't enjoy interacting with strangers in the game very much, having had some negative interactions in the past. I go at my own pace, which may not be quick enough for people in groups. Plus, when there are a lot of different players on the screen doing different things, it gets overwhelming to me. I avoid open heroic areas for the same reason, I get easily distracted by other players.
This.

I do stuff in game every day. I just don't do group stuff. I much prefer to plod along and do story mode content, repeat class stories, kotfe, kotet and so forth. I play bioware games for story in the way that only they do, it's that simple.

blunite
09.27.2017 , 12:58 PM | #28
A lot are just burned out. How many times can yo do the same thing over and over and over. Need new quality content, sadly, that won't happen.

DuchessKristania
09.27.2017 , 01:21 PM | #29
I also prefer the story content and group stuff I can do with a few friends. I'm not particularly into PvP. I did some, wasn't great but wasn't terrible either. I just enjoy playing around and doing what I want to do. I think there are a lot of people like that. The thing is with so many different types of playeres guilds are the best place to find people who want to do the harder group content.

Eriamea
09.27.2017 , 01:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMizrahi View Post
I spent 2 years server hopping [...] About after a month I was on almost everyone's ignore list and I don't spam chat.
I don't know you and I don't know your attitude in game but that is a pretty difficult feat to achieve in terms of finding yourself on ignore lists if you don't spam. People who end up on mine are mostly people who yell (other than by mistakenly hitting the caps button during a fight), insult others during group content or who ninja loot. I do not know if this is the case, but treat people nicely and if there are any issues address them politely.

In my guild we regularly pick up pugs for gf runs and FPs . We never refuse help to new players. If you are new to some content, don't hesitate to say so, it might help the group understand where you are coming from and sometimes give you tips and explanations. There hasn't been real new group content in a while and people tend to expect that others know what to do and some groups have less patience.