Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next MMO I should try?

Suzsi
09.28.2017 , 05:34 PM | #11
If you like modern day vampire/demons etc stories the secret world is actually quite good -- it has an awesome story involved.

UmbralSpirit
09.29.2017 , 03:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SolarSaenz View Post
Looking ahead, I'm keeping a close eye on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It's still like in the later stages of development I don't think they've released their alpha version yet. It looks like it could be good.

I'm also interested in Ashes of Creation. Again, this game isn't released yet. but, I don't think it will be long.
Don't get your hopes up, pretty much every MMO in the past years that has been praised as the new "bestest thing of all bestest things" beforehand has been a disappointment.

At least i'm not very optimistic anymore.

orangenee
09.29.2017 , 03:39 AM | #13
On second thought, looks like GW2 is out. The latest expansion exceeds my "modest" specs too much.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

SteveTheCynic
09.29.2017 , 04:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
On second thought, looks like GW2 is out. The latest expansion exceeds my "modest" specs too much.
How modest? I have a slow-for-2011 machine(1) that I run it on, and Path of Fire runs OK. Not great, but not bad. The pix on the previous page were made on this machine. (Where it can be problematic is when I get into zerg situations, but the zergs have to be way far bigger than what SWTOR could ever handle. A zerg with 50 players will stress my machine, but not catastrophically.)

(1) i5 760 (four one-thread cores) at 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia 430GT with 1GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64. I use the 64-bit client. Turn off reflections, though, or some places will go super slow.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

orangenee
09.29.2017 , 06:13 AM | #15
Yours is a super computer compared to mine.

Mine is a craptop with an e2-1800 dual core APU (1.7ghz) with a radeon HD 7340 (384MB to itself but can share the system RAM) and 6GB of RAM.

I bought it never intending to use it for gaming but due to an incident my old rig got killed so I'm stuck with it for now.

I may well run the game in lowest of the low settings but I don't see the point. It can run SWTOR on fairly high settings considering at a reasonable FPS (over 30 mostly). It maybe would run a bit better if the landlord would let me drill a hole in the wall to run an ethernet cable to the router but as it stands it's also wireless town for me too.

In short; if yours can just about run it, I doubt mine could at all.

SteveTheCynic
09.29.2017 , 06:53 AM | #16
Ouch. Yeah, that's likely to struggle with GW2. I have mine on approximately medium graphics (some things low, some high, full shadows, but no reflections). I just won a few thousand euros in a "side" draw because I bought some EuroMillions tickets online (I didn't win this money actually from EuroMillions itself, but simply for buying a two-week, two-grid draw on the official site. Go figure), so when the money finally reaches me, it's time for a new computer. That will be fun.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

orangenee
09.29.2017 , 04:11 PM | #17
I can afford a new one. Just I can't justify it right now. Aside from a few luxuries I live a fairly spartan life, if I can't use it I don't want it type of deal.

Enjoy your winnings when they come through anyway. Always nice to have a gamble pay off. In my case the gees gees have not been performing to spec.

CKNORTH
09.29.2017 , 09:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I can afford a new one. Just I can't justify it right now. Aside from a few luxuries I live a fairly spartan life, if I can't use it I don't want it type of deal.

Enjoy your winnings when they come through anyway. Always nice to have a gamble pay off. In my case the gees gees have not been performing to spec.
i have a bit of a tip for you my friend, look up Linux Mint OS. then DL PlayOnLinux... a whole new world will open up for you.

its quite amazing. i will never be burdened by Windows OS or Crapentosh again! hope this helps my friend. Enjoy!!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Don't use this Link it's Borked,
Oh Wait! they UnBorked the link! you must Choose, but Choose Wisely!

TheRobDaCool
09.30.2017 , 09:32 AM | #19
I've tried several MMO's (GW2, FF14, WoW, Dragon Quest X, Phantasy Star Online 2) and couldn't get into any of them. I am thinking, perhaps, MMO's are not my thing.
This is my Referral Link there are many like it, but this one is mine!

CKNORTH
10.01.2017 , 11:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRobDaCool View Post
I've tried several MMO's (GW2, FF14, WoW, Dragon Quest X, Phantasy Star Online 2) and couldn't get into any of them. I am thinking, perhaps, MMO's are not my thing.
i have done the opposite in a sense. been playing them for too long and realize they aren't my thing either LOL.

i am now looking at playing a single player online game. i really miss the days where you pay for a game install it and play the game. reason i want the online part to a single player game is because updates and content such as expansions are a lot easer to get. At this point in my life, i rather hibernate, Also why would i ever want to leave my house Y'all are crazy people

anyhow i am off to install Age of Mythology for free later Dudes!!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Don't use this Link it's Borked,
Oh Wait! they UnBorked the link! you must Choose, but Choose Wisely!