Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Neutral Trade hub and banks!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Neutral Trade hub and banks!

LilPika
12.27.2011 , 08:13 PM | #1
Posted this in General too, but it was pushed off the page in mere seconds, so i'll put it here instead, where players who are interested may see it!

The lower level of Nar Shadaa's promenade is dominated by a giant statue of a Hutt. This seperates a large central area which is split into a Republic half, and a Sith half.

In this area there is are two banks, a nuteral Galactic Trade Network (Auction house) and trainers for all classes. My question is this: Why has this area not become the central trade hub already? It's basically SW:ToR's answer to Dalaran! The only way this could be better is if we could travel from this area too!

Get your server's money flowing. Get trading here! (That and I really want to see more on sale already >.>)
Neutral Auction House, trainers and bank all on Nar Shaddaa, Lower Promenade. Start trading there already!

Aerithel
12.27.2011 , 08:23 PM | #2
I'm sure that we'll be seeing this happen soon enough. However, what you may not realize is sharding would prevent a massive overload of people in the same location and will instead "instance" them into their own copy of Nar Shadaa. At least that's how I understand it to work.

On a side note, I'd seen a question posted as another thread, but wished to ask here as well. Considering the neutral GTN option, if a player posts an auction on their Republic character, will they be able to purchase said item on their Empire character? WoW had an account restriction where players couldn't directly purchase their "own" auctions, even if it was an opposite-faction character attempting to do so, and I'm curious to know whether Bioware incorporated a similar restriction.

Skylerr
12.28.2011 , 10:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerithel View Post
Considering the neutral GTN option, if a player posts an auction on their Republic character, will they be able to purchase said item on their Empire character?
I AM able to use the Nar Shadaa Kiosk to sell items on my Jedi and then buy that exact item on my Sith (so, yeah... you can transfer items/credits across faction using this method).

The thing that is weird is that I am still unable to see the Jedi armor on my Sith (even the unrestricted stuff). I can see some items that are restricted to Jedi classes but none of the stuff has the iconic Jedi "look"... even though when I search on my Jedi I see tons of stuff with that look.

So... it works, but there are some hidden restrictions that are blocking trade of certain types of items (I desperately want to find some jedi-like gear for my light side sith!!!).
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

IxCptMorganxI
12.28.2011 , 10:53 AM | #4
I've been wondering why there isn't more trading here unless people are concerned about supplying the enemy. I do all my trading there, but I wish it were easier to access rather than going to Nar Shaddaa. Thats most likely the problem since its a lot easier to go to the fleet rather than back to that planet.

Skylerr
12.28.2011 , 11:09 AM | #5
I figured out the issue...

The items listed on the GTN are all exactly the same item (verified item details, sellers and sale amount) but the items look completely different depending on your faction.

e.g. Dark Acolyte's robe appears form fitting and black/purple on my Sith and it appears brownish and robe-like on my Jedi.

This leads me to believe that most folks don't even know/realize the GTN on Nar Shadaa is special because they check for cross faction stuff and don't immediately recognize anything.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ΞSKYLERR()█Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

ripster
12.28.2011 , 11:38 AM | #6
I didn't even realize that it was cross faction. When I saw it I was going to list some stuff but I didn't see my other sales on there and figured it was just local but didn't think it would include both factions. It will be interesting to see if it catches on as a trading hub.

KingsGambit
01.26.2012 , 06:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LilPika View Post
Posted this in General too, but it was pushed off the page in mere seconds, so i'll put it here instead, where players who are interested may see it!

The lower level of Nar Shadaa's promenade is dominated by a giant statue of a Hutt. This seperates a large central area which is split into a Republic half, and a Sith half.

In this area there is are two banks, a nuteral Galactic Trade Network (Auction house) and trainers for all classes. My question is this: Why has this area not become the central trade hub already? It's basically SW:ToR's answer to Dalaran! The only way this could be better is if we could travel from this area too!

Get your server's money flowing. Get trading here! (That and I really want to see more on sale already >.>)
I haven't yet tested the neutral GTN stations though I always thought and wondered the same thing as the OP. The answer is simple but manyfold:

- We all have fleet quick travel abilities
- Fleet may lag a bit, but loads a lot faster than any planet (planet maps take an age to load on even a well specced PC)
- Zero chance of gankage (on PvP server)
- Flashpoints, daily quest terminals, commendation vendors, class and crew skill trainers all in one place.

Nar Shadaa has one thing the fleets don't, which is inter-faction trade...admittedly a massive thing (particularly considering BW developers never bothered to remove Aim heavy offhand knives, assault cannons or other similar schematics from empire vendors for example). The best use I can think of is for players to trade specific items/credits with friends/alts of the other faction.

What would be great would be another station that offered the convenience of our faction fleets but for both factions in one place with the neutral trade area and what have you. Clever phasing and layout would make the place sensible, but if current (even (much) improved) performance is any judge, have both factions on one fleet would cripple everyone's fps.

Quiet
01.26.2012 , 07:46 AM | #8
I have an alt parked by the bank/GTN in Nar Shadda, just for trading purposes.

When an item doesn't sell on my faction's GTN, I send it to the cross-faction GTN. Which almost always end up being sold.

Have to say that the cross-faction GTN on my server typically has lvl 10-30 gear and rarely see anything higher level. Probably due to Nar Shadda being a lvl 20s planet.

Also noticed that the prices are cheaper on the cross-faction GTN, than on the faction GTN.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

JazzyMak
05.02.2012 , 05:48 PM | #9
Do I understand you all correctly that the GTN is not cross faction if we post items for sale through our Fleet GT kiosk?

That would explain why I seem to have trouble selling Sith armour my Republic character made -- I got the schematic before 1.2, probably through a bug.

Thanks!

amantheil
05.02.2012 , 05:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JazzyMak View Post
Do I understand you all correctly that the GTN is not cross faction if we post items for sale through our Fleet GT kiosk?

That would explain why I seem to have trouble selling Sith armour my Republic character made -- I got the schematic before 1.2, probably through a bug.

Thanks!
It's generally preferred to create a new thread instead of re-post in one that's 3 months old.

Currently the Fleet GTN's are NOT cross-faction. Only the Nar Shadda one is cross-faction. That is changing in the future, although Bioware has not said when. The GTN's will be merging into one single cross-faction network for each server.