Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amazing CSR's

Alec_Fortescue
09.29.2017 , 04:41 AM | #11
Owen, did they hire you yet? Can't believe to still see you here after so many years of good work.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

MandFlurry
09.29.2017 , 04:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Or did you try restarting your modem? Unplug it, count to 100 and plug it back in...that always seems to work too.
TUX, our new and old generations will not stand to do such things as rebooting and doing real work. This is supposed to be the land of the lazy, remember?

/Sarcasm lol

Hope the Op got his issue fixed.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

psandak
09.29.2017 , 05:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cyrusramsey View Post
I find that if it's not something they have a pre-set answer/solution for, but something that requires them to actually think instead of copypaste from their answer sheet, they come up with the most ludicrous of responses, which seem increase in crazy-factor exponentially depending on how much more information you give them.
But this is not just SWTOR/BW CS. Support personnel in general use scripts and predefined solutions. I am not defending it because I hate it too (heck when I WAS a CS phone support employee I refused to use the script and canned answers), but after more than 20 years of having to deal with it, I have accepted it as a fact. And when a support person breaks that mold and actually listens/reads what I am asking and gives me a response that is in fact useful...I am pleasantly surprised .
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

SteveTheCynic
09.29.2017 , 07:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Or did you try restarting your modem? Unplug it, count to 100 and plug it back in...that always seems to work too.
There was a span of time in my 56K days when that would have been absolutely impossible as written, since I had a PCI card modem inside my computer.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

TUXs
09.29.2017 , 09:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
There was a span of time in my 56K days when that would have been absolutely impossible as written, since I had a PCI card modem inside my computer.
HA! I installed many of those cards...would have never remembered it without you bringing it up lol.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rrusalka
09.29.2017 , 09:58 AM | #16
What Owen said but there's also one other bug it could be. If you enter pvp, gsf, fp's or ops while aboard your ship it will enter limbo. It will say it is in the correct space but it isn't. Try moving the ship to a new point like fleet and if it requires you to be above a certain planet or mission area just move it back. That usually works for me.

docbenwayddo
09.29.2017 , 10:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
But this is not just SWTOR/BW CS. Support personnel in general use scripts and predefined solutions. I am not defending it because I hate it too (heck when I WAS a CS phone support employee I refused to use the script and canned answers), but after more than 20 years of having to deal with it, I have accepted it as a fact. And when a support person breaks that mold and actually listens/reads what I am asking and gives me a response that is in fact useful...I am pleasantly surprised .
Outsourced CS was horrible with scripting tricks in the dial-up days. Companies would have contracts based on "calls handled" not problems solved. This means that if a very common problem had 4 solutions it would go like this:
  1. Have them try Solution 1 (1% chance of fix) and call back if it doesn't work.
  2. Have them try Solution 2 (1% chance of fix) and call back if it doesn't work.
  3. Have them try Solution 3 (3% chance of fix) and call back if it doesn't work.
  4. Have them try Solution 4 (95% chance of fix) and call back if it doesn't work.
This way the outsourced company is payed for handling up to 4 calls regarding 1 problem.

Sharkhonn
09.29.2017 , 10:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
LOL I do not miss the days of needing a modem.
How do you get internet if you do not have a Modem? Most if not all home services use modems. DSL Modem or Cable modem. There are some instances where you have an external antenna on your house and a router inside somewhere in which case the router would be the device needed to be restarted, but for most folks a modem is still required.