Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lions and tigers and nerfs oh my

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Lions and tigers and nerfs oh my

Chimerako
09.25.2017 , 04:34 PM | #1
Well...I'm not really sure what to think. I see how damage on a dummy or in a parse creates the idea for a nerf, but the dynamic nature of PvP effects dps totally differently than end game raid mechanics. So on the one hand bravo on balancing PvE or the other hand what the heck that class already sucked in PvP pre nerf. Utilities may help but...if the past is any indication it's not looking good.

Also how are static abilities over performing? It's not like they change. Surely you test abilities prior to an update. So how is it over performing classes slip through when they have the same dps output during testing?

timovdt
09.26.2017 , 05:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimerako View Post
Well...I'm not really sure what to think. I see how damage on a dummy or in a parse creates the idea for a nerf, but the dynamic nature of PvP effects dps totally differently than end game raid mechanics. So on the one hand bravo on balancing PvE or the other hand what the heck that class already sucked in PvP pre nerf. Utilities may help but...if the past is any indication it's not looking good.

Also how are static abilities over performing? It's not like they change. Surely you test abilities prior to an update. So how is it over performing classes slip through when they have the same dps output during testing?
i dont think bw care about any more they are just trowing nerfs at the most popular classes so they can get peopl to play the classes that horribly desinged in order to nothave to do any effort in fixing them to get played

sumquy
09.26.2017 , 11:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chimerako View Post

maybe you are not understanding because these nerfs didn't have anything to do with pvp. despite the constant ************ from bads about pvp killing their class, this round of nerfs was/is/always has been about balancing sustained damage in pve. they don't care what it did to pvp right now. honestly, i don't understand why so many posters have a hard time understanding this or, worse, think it is a plot by bioware targeting them specifically. with that in mind, it seems to me, that they have done pretty well in what they were trying to achieve. the damage spread between best and worse specs is smaller than it was, and there is a logic to why one spec has a higher potential than another. they have said that they are going to be evaluating defensive abilities and utilities next so let them do their thing. i, for one, prefer the slow incremental approach they are taking now vs. the 50lb sledge they have wielded blindly in the past.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Chimerako
09.26.2017 , 01:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
maybe you are not understanding because these nerfs didn't have anything to do with pvp. despite the constant ************ from bads about pvp killing their class, this round of nerfs was/is/always has been about balancing sustained damage in pve. they don't care what it did to pvp right now. honestly, i don't understand why so many posters have a hard time understanding this or, worse, think it is a plot by bioware targeting them specifically. with that in mind, it seems to me, that they have done pretty well in what they were trying to achieve. the damage spread between best and worse specs is smaller than it was, and there is a logic to why one spec has a higher potential than another. they have said that they are going to be evaluating defensive abilities and utilities next so let them do their thing. i, for one, prefer the slow incremental approach they are taking now vs. the 50lb sledge they have wielded blindly in the past.
My point was that still makes no sense They would have known that PvE DPS was off balance before they even put out the patch. Similar to when they said powertechs had too much range but they were the ones to set the range in the 1st place. Chastised me without reading the content of what I was saying.

Spankdog
09.29.2017 , 06:49 AM | #5
they gave us 248 gear to shut us up then said hmm they are beyond target dps which most classes was in 242 gear if you knew what you was doing now everyone one is over powered compared to what their target dps is so everyone gets a nerf instead on raise target dps buff the classes that was low and screw it till December because there will most likely be a new lvl cap and we get to start all over on gear grind but they went ape **** and said nah rather nerf seems like a better option