Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Sin/shad

supertimtaf
09.27.2017 , 08:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by rasputko View Post
Anni far above Deception in PVP?
The only thing Anni is better at is fighting Arsenal Mercs and Snipers. When I say better I don't mean good enough.
If the utility that gives Mercs reduced CD for Energy Shiled (Energy rebounder?) would only work on direct single target dmg we could talk about Anni/Watchman in PVP, but now with only yolo and regs popin' where most played toons besides mercs are Concealment Ops and Deception Sins!?
....Anni is the worst mara spec for fighting Concealment Ops and Deception Sins, not the the other two spec are good enough. It's just that a clicker with basic knowledge of the game can beat any Anni mara if playing Concealment (that reduced CD on evasion ), Deception is a bit harder but not by much.

On the topic, PVP wise I don't agree with this Deception nerf.
Well, for the concealment part, any class that isn't a merc will usually have trouble beating a concealment player. I agree on the part about the slow build of anni's dps, though mara are way more resistant since 5.0 which helps them by a lot. I don't know about anni in ranked, since I played mainly Deception.
Since 5.0 I would put anni roughly on par with Deception, because a marauder is really tanky now, obfuscate being a huge helps for this, and Deception being quite squishy. As for burst, Deception has a bigger one, but a marauder can absorb it for quite some times. A good Deception player could beat a good anni mara if they never dueled before, because you can easily trick someone when it's their first time against you. For Deception, it is often like this, if you can mindf*ck your opponent it's a win.
For concealment though, if you can roll correctly it's a win, because off-heal
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

RafaelPeretz
09.27.2017 , 08:37 AM | #22
Thats sad.
I love deception. IDK how huge will be the impact of these changes, I must play it before get into conclusions.
But anyway, worst scenario is change into Darkness Skank for Ranked.

supertimtaf
09.27.2017 , 10:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
Thats sad.
I love deception. IDK how huge will be the impact of these changes, I must play it before get into conclusions.
But anyway, worst scenario is change into Darkness Skank for Ranked.
On a parse point of view, imagine a drop of around 800-700 dps, if you're lucky and didn't have to rely too much on ball lightning.

On a PvP point of view, it removes our main burst capability. Now we're squishy and we hit like a wet noodle.
Deception was fine because it has only its burst for it, now we lose a good part of it, since most of our passive burst increase are removed. Just remove completely the idea of beating a merc, a sniper or a mara now. They'll hit way too hard and will bypass the only burst left you have.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

DavidAtkinson
09.27.2017 , 10:49 AM | #24
My solution to this was to roll hatred... fixed.

Hatred is good too. Totally different from deception. But it works if you play it right.

Elusive_Thing
09.27.2017 , 03:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
My solution to this was to roll hatred... fixed.

Hatred is good too. Totally different from deception. But it works if you play it right.
Right, as in with a pocket healer and without ever being focused.

Serrowherrow
09.27.2017 , 09:02 PM | #26
This nerf basically removes Deception. But yeah, you can play Hatred if you have a pocket healer at least.
The Ebon Hawk
Rakore - Marauder
Anshelm - Assassin

mitchsts
09.30.2017 , 07:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Glad you are posting this in PVP forum as PVP was the reason they got nerfed and it was obvious they needed the nerf, mainly when you compare the spec performance with other nerfs to specs.
sins were the last ones that needed a nerf. whenever im on a healer i never worry about a sin, i can completely ignore almost all of them. i don't remember the last time i was killed by one. after the nerf i don't know why anyone would ever go into another warzone on a sin.

Kazz_Devlin
10.13.2017 , 07:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Glad you are posting this in PVP forum as PVP was the reason they got nerfed and it was obvious they needed the nerf, mainly when you compare the spec performance with other nerfs to specs.

What led you to this pray tell?
(please don't tell me its because you died alot by a sin)
There is no set rotation in PVP its fluid the only metric they can use is the PVE one!