Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Theory on Theron Shan [Spoilers]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My Theory on Theron Shan [Spoilers]

IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2017 , 10:18 AM | #21
I do think it's just a Valkorion mind game to try to distance you from your advisors/friends, especially if the same conversation happens regardless of who is in the elevator with you (L&T or S&A). He wants you to distrust them and perhaps be even more off-guard and conflicted so he can do what he wants in that Chapter.

Valkorion spends the entire length of KOTFE and KOTET trying to mentally manipulate the Commander. The Commander's repeatedly told that they can't succeed without Valkorion's power; etc. and he puts on a very thorough show trying to get the Commander to believe he's their ally. It's just another attempt at manipulation.

Ioue
10.05.2017 , 02:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I do think it's just a Valkorion mind game to try to distance you from your advisors/friends, especially if the same conversation happens regardless of who is in the elevator with you (L&T or S&A). He wants you to distrust them and perhaps be even more off-guard and conflicted so he can do what he wants in that Chapter.

Valkorion spends the entire length of KOTFE and KOTET trying to mentally manipulate the Commander. The Commander's repeatedly told that they can't succeed without Valkorion's power; etc. and he puts on a very thorough show trying to get the Commander to believe he's their ally. It's just another attempt at manipulation.
I don't think Valkorion is manipulating Theron like he was trying with Outlander. In fact, I don't think he's all that interested in Theron. All of Umbara and now with Chiss, it's all Theron's doing on whatever outcomes he's potentially seeing and wanting to prevent. Or he truly was a sneaky traitor ALL. ALONG. *dun dun duuuuuuun*

All of what Valkorion said on the last chapter, it's one of his mind tricks. Seeding distrust is adding more on the mental mind plate, dividing a person's attention span. Psychologically, this would weaken a person's mind defenses given where the battles take place in Ch 9 of kotET.

IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2017 , 02:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ioue View Post
I don't think Valkorion is manipulating Theron like he was trying with Outlander. In fact, I don't think he's all that interested in Theron. All of Umbara and now with Chiss, it's all Theron's doing on whatever outcomes he's potentially seeing and wanting to prevent. Or he truly was a sneaky traitor ALL. ALONG. *dun dun duuuuuuun*

All of what Valkorion said on the last chapter, it's one of his mind tricks. Seeding distrust is adding more on the mental mind plate, dividing a person's attention span. Psychologically, this would weaken a person's mind defenses given where the battles take place in Ch 9 of kotET.
That's precisely what I was trying to say: that I think Valkorion's comments in the elevator were just another attempt to mess with the Commander. It's not about Theron (or anyone else in the elevator) at all. It's just Valkorion trying to seed doubt and division in the Commander's mind and confuse them at a critical point, when they're taking the throne.

Swingkittie
10.05.2017 , 06:09 PM | #24

That's what I believe as well. The reason I brought up this point to begin with is because it was out there and given to us in game dialog. I think it is an interesting subject to discuss and it gives us a lot to consider. Now what would really be fantastic is if Valkorian was right all along. Oh and that Theron is really a traitor.

That is not what I would wish for though, but it makes for interesting storytelling. The charming spy and son of republic heroes going bad.... Well, that better not really be the case anyway.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

DAWUSS
10.10.2017 , 08:28 PM | #25
I don't think Valkorion is manipulating Theron like he was trying with Outlander. In fact, I don't think he's all that interested in Theron. .
The only thing Valkorion might find significantly interesting about Theron is his ancestry. Revan's descendant and no Force training? Theron's accomplishments would certainly spark the interest of someone like Valkorion.

That said, I hope he's (Valk) gone and done for.