Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

AlenkaSunaki
09.26.2017 , 06:37 AM | #31
u lost every1 at marauder buddy. The cc immunity point is fine but its not a huge deal, considering anni has the small heals and is the better 4s spec whereas fury is the better soloranked spec. And carnage is fine too, lets not add broken cc immunity to every spec and instead just remove it from fury cuz its annoying and doesnt need cc immunity + obfs resist anyways kthnx pick one pls eric.
PURPLE
SLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTH
JUSTIN BIEBER #1 FAN
REKLESSNESS SUPERHOTEGIRLFRND

Opaknack
09.26.2017 , 10:03 AM | #32
No class needs a buff.
Nearly all classes need a nerf to the defences and should be at the same defence level like vanguard/pt dd.

Stop begging for more defence buffs.
Better nerf 7/8 classes.
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"
VC T3M4 TRE Versuchung Carok aka Opahuso

Thaladan
09.26.2017 , 10:44 AM | #33
i am for a global nerf too, and stopping this escalation of defensive abilities, began since 4.0.

no more merc/mando and operative concealment stupidity.

It's the arena syndrom where bioware tried to make classes resisting to a 3vs1...instead of a better ranked system. arenas did a lot of damage for PvP in this game..terrible when players asked for this sh**.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Ansultares
09.26.2017 , 12:11 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
DPS Juggs: Increased survivability, imo at the cost of damage.
Already eating a huge damage nerf thanks to the utility nerf. Only class eating a utility nerf, at that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
and skanks.
I haven't seen a skank in ages. Except maybe a sin; don't really check their health to confirm skank, don't know their tank spec well enough either.
Snare

KendraP
09.26.2017 , 02:54 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
Already eating a huge damage nerf thanks to the utility nerf. Only class eating a utility nerf, at that.
While I am personally rather unhappy about this particular nerf as well, I do feel it necessary to say that, for vigi, if the math is anywhere in the ballpark (I'm no theory crafter keep in mind. This is literally, I'm bored and pissed off let me crunch some numbers time), the overall nerf to vigi is less than 1%. Which is well within the realm of "I'm not accounting for every possibility." I didn't do any math for focus as I don't play it. I'm just a tank main who dwebbles in vigi when tanking isn't needed.

Additionally, I will say that I believe the logic behind the utility nerf is that it is a damage utility not a "utility" utility. That doesn't make me any happier about it, but I think that is the logic.

Quote:
I haven't seen a skank in ages. Except maybe a sin; don't really check their health to confirm skank, don't know their tank spec well enough either.
Skanking is, arguably, the way to go with guardians. Shadows seem to have at least one dps spec capable of surviving in arenas. You never hear "oh focus that squishy sin!" I do hear "oh a PT, get him", and sorc and juggie

I swapped my vigi guardian to skanking. As a tank main I prefer tanking anyway, and tank gear being meaningless there's no point doing less potential damage. For me the final straw was a rather frustrating "victory" in a hypergates where the imps spent too much time focusing my squishy guarding to pay attention to their node so they got stealth capped twice. I died > 10 times running with a guildie healer. After the match I made my buddy make me skank gear. Haven't regretted that decision yet. Now me and my healer buddy can hold off 6 average imps by ourselves.

That last point is what has people frustrated. I would like to point out that I'm not usually killing anyone when we're pulling that stunt, and it can only happen if there is another reasonable healer on the team. This is why you don't see a buff to say guardian slash though, thanks to all the whining about skanking (and I admit myself the damage / survivability is a bit high), they are nerfing tank damage. I'm not screaming unless they decide to nerf guardian slash or force sweep though as those are much more important to guardian tanks than freezing force.

Ansultares
09.26.2017 , 03:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
the overall nerf to vigi is less than 1%.
I don't spend my time attacking target dummies. It's a 20% nerf.

Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
they are nerfing tank damage.
No, they're nerfing the whole class. And it's a weak class to begin with.

I don't need the history lesson on skank. I ran it before it was a thing, and did my share to help popularize it. Also, I've seen you post that story in about a dozen other threads on the topic; pretty soon, I'll be telling you how you came to skank.
Snare

KendraP
09.27.2017 , 12:56 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansultares View Post
I don't spend my time attacking target dummies. It's a 20% nerf.

No, they're nerfing the whole class. And it's a weak class to begin with.
As I said I'm no theory crafter, so I could easily be wrong. I doubt that it's 20% if you calculate in the buffs though. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic because I too am a long time guardian player.

Quote:
I don't need the history lesson on skank. I ran it before it was a thing, and did my share to help popularize it. Also, I've seen you post that story in about a dozen other threads on the topic; pretty soon, I'll be telling you how you came to skank.
While you may not need the history lesson, there seem to be plenty others floating around who do. I'll stop telling the story if it doesn't help prove my point. I did skanking back in 3 and 4.0 too, so I'm not exactly new to it. I quit with 5 0 out of protest to dps guard. That only lasted about 4 months lol.sorry if I misphrased on the tank dps nerf, my point is both vigi and focus are getting buffs to other areas to compensate (whether or not they actually do is a different subject altogether) where tanks are getting the same nerf to the utility... with no buffs

And if you have read what I've said practically everywhere you know I consider guardian dps in the 3 squshiest classes along with VG and sage dps. I always felt our damage was perfectly reasonable... when we coukd stay alive long enough to do damage.

MercenaryPlayer
09.27.2017 , 08:24 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
We PVPers who have even little bit experience at PVP know that Juggernaut, Powertech, Sorcerer classes, Marauder's Annihilation, Carnage specs have too weak defenses. I also think Sniper and Merc classes definetely need nerfs to their defenses but this is arguable, but I am sure that we all know jugg, pt, sorc classes and annihilation, carnage specs of mara are very squishy and need buff to their defenses.

So I want to learn, our mighty developer, great jedi guardian and the best saberward user Eric Musco and his friends that could notice little bit damage differences at annihilation and carnage specs, can't see these huge defensive differences?

As a nonstop subscriber of this game for many years I request you to play these classes and specs at solo rankeds of TRE server, I am sure that you will be regreted for giving them low defenses and making snipers & mercs fotm. You can even cry because of sadness when you think there were players who were trying to rise their ratings even they get suffer a lot while playing with these conditions. And while you do that, you even can notice there are some wintraders and trolls that ruins arenas.
Player skill vs Class Buffs/Nerfs.

I'd like to know which classes and specs you play most often and then compare your numbers and skill to some of the top people on your server before I'd be okay with just buffing classes/specs at random.

If the devs buffed a class/spec every time a below average player made a thread on the forums asking for more buffs then pvp would be even more imbalanced than it was prior to these recent damage adjustments.

Be absolutely sure you know and understand how each classes dcds work and know for 100% sure that you are using them correctly before saying they are weak and not working properly.

Some ppl who pvp only know how to dps and use the wrong dcds at the wrong times. These same players are likely complaining their dcds are weak when in fact they've just been using them incorrectly.

Azheon
09.28.2017 , 10:16 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MercenaryPlayer View Post
Player skill vs Class Buffs/Nerfs.

I'd like to know which classes and specs you play most often and then compare your numbers and skill to some of the top people on your server before I'd be okay with just buffing classes/specs at random.
I play concentration sentinel dear merc player, but sorry I can't compare my numbers to top numbered people that play this class on my server because I have the toppest number in my server. And I am also a top 3 tittled sentinel, so think I am skilled enough to talk about buffing classes/specs?..

Quote:
If the devs buffed a class/spec every time a below average player made a thread on the forums asking for more buffs then pvp would be even more imbalanced than it was prior to these recent damage adjustments.
I agree that's why they must care my opinions more than yours.

Quote:
Be absolutely sure you know and understand how each classes dcds work and know for 100% sure that you are using them correctly before saying they are weak and not working properly.
Yeah I am absolutely sure, that's why I say.

Quote:
Some ppl who pvp only know how to dps and use the wrong dcds at the wrong times. These same players are likely complaining their dcds are weak when in fact they've just been using them incorrectly.
I didn't want any buff for the spec I play, I wanted buff for the classes and specs that I don't play as main. Once juggernaut was my main and I stopped playing it even I also have a top 3 at jugg, too, so I know when to pop my dcds don't worry. I play sorcerer dps too, even I don't main or try hard with it for rating, I was sometimes playing it because it was fun, but now... It is so squishy that I can't get any fun, same as annihilation and carnage even these specs are not that squishy like sorc dps. I don't play powertech because I don't enjoy playing it but it is not hard to know it is squishy too (I still know its dcds too ^^).

To sum up; I complain because juggernaut, powertech and sorcs are very squishy, annihilation and carnage are also needs little bit buffs even some people thinks not, I say all these as someone whose main is Fury/Concentration. I don't say this because of lack of my knowledge about popping dcds, I say this because this is a reality that all pvpers who are experienced at pvp knows.
my refferal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/ll7f8S

KendraP
09.29.2017 , 08:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
To sum up; I complain because juggernaut, powertech and sorcs are very squishy, annihilation and carnage are also needs little bit buffs even some people thinks not, I say all these as someone whose main is Fury/Concentration. I don't say this because of lack of my knowledge about popping dcds, I say this because this is a reality that all pvpers who are experienced at pvp knows.
I don't play a sent, but I do play a vigi guardian. As a guardian tank main I too feel perfectly aware of DCDs. Wanted to say kudos for bringing reasonable responses into the discussion.

We'll see what happens in 5.6 with utility changes I suppose.