Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 07:49 AM | #11
DPS Juggs: Increased survivability, imo at the cost of damage. So they could do some attack and give some of their power to survivability. I really think Juggs need sustained survivability increase unless you want to go the Mara route and give them mobility.

DPS PT: Increased situational survivability. They have kolto and energy shield, work with those (IE, move kolto from merc to PT).

DPS Sorc: Fix the chain lightning bug and then work more damage into Thundering blast. Deathfield back to 8 meters, max 4 targets. Move overload down into tier 1 and/or surging speed down into tier 2.

Tank PT: Make Translocate either instant or 0.5 sec cast time (like phase walk), In utilities have it increase distance to 40 meters on the same ability that increases harpoon to 40m.

Tank Jugg: Intercede gives 4 sec of +70% speed. Lets reward tanks for tanking.

Sniper: Defensive safeguards 3% per, max 5 and heal to 2% per tick. Switch Ballistic Dampeners (Skillful/Tier 1) with Debilitating Shots (Heroic/Tier 3), Tactical Retreat "and evasion by 1 second" or remove evasion from Imperial Prep.

Merc: Remove Kolto Utility (to PTs). Change Kolto altogether to heal at the same rate as when talented so that its not worthless. Trauma Regs: max 10 stacks (promotes click removal as a skill choice/move) or reduce stacks to 3% health per.

Heal Sorc: Revert the channel time nerfs to innervate.

Operative Healer: Ability that allows the Op to finish all hots currently into a critable heal that is equal to the total of the hots healing that was removed. 45 Sec cool-down. And/or Ability: Spend 3 Tacs to gain interrupt protection for 4 seconds, off the GCD 30s CD.

Merc Heal: casting rapid scan makes your next rapid scan cast twice as fast if cast in the next 6 seconds, can occur/stack twice, 30 sec internal cool-down. (no change to global cooldowns so it doesnt increase HPS, it simply gives you the ability to frontload the heal point slightly, reduce vulnerability to interrupt when you are left with no options but to spam horrible rapid scan, and help you quickly transition into a low-cost Healing Scan).

Change Thermal Scensor Override/Reserve Powercell to "abilities activated in the next 3 seconds). This would promote skillful healing, maybe precasting Overrides so that you could rapid rapid rapid or rapid rapid progressive etc. Not going to be a huge difference but there are some resource issues that I face as merc healer that I don't as Sorc/Op in sustained healing situations.

Foambreaker
09.25.2017 , 09:24 AM | #12
+ 0

Lets make everyone a tank...

So fail.

Glocko
09.25.2017 , 09:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
+ 0

Lets make everyone a tank...

So fail.
99% chance a quote from Merc....

Azheon
09.25.2017 , 11:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
i'm guessing the squishyness is in ranked? as i only play regs i don't see it.. i feel pretty much unstoppable as vengeance in regs.
It is very easy to learn... Queue solo ranked as jugg dps and see for how many seconds you unstoppable are.
my refferal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/ll7f8S

hallucigenocide
09.25.2017 , 11:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Azheon View Post
It is very easy to learn... Queue solo ranked as jugg dps and see for how many seconds you unstoppable are.
solo ranked makes no sense whatsoever so nah.

Foambreaker
09.25.2017 , 11:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Glocko View Post
99% chance a quote from Merc....
Nope. In fact the real solution is not to "tank up" all the classes but to nerf the **** out of mercs and skanks.

Tanking up will just lead to endless boring stalemates.

Azheon
09.25.2017 , 11:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
if play right marauder is very tanky due to obsfucate or whatever the name is ability which give tech and force resistance 75%
1- Play Merc or sniper to see what real tanky class is.
2- Fury is fine even not fotm like merc and snipers.
3- Annihilation and carnage specs are not weak like jugg, pt, sorc but they are weaker than fury as defensive, they still need buffs. I like to play other mara specs more but I have to play fury to make better at arenas.

Foambreaker
09.25.2017 , 11:55 AM | #18
Oh come on, keep track of a persons score when 3/4 of it is 100% random makes major sense

Azheon
09.25.2017 , 12:01 PM | #19
I say you what will happen when you play jugg dps at solo ranked...

They will focus you because we ranked players now that jugg is squishy and you will die in 15 seconds. Maybe you will get stunlocked and pop your enraged defense to save yourself, but no... Because of high bursts your enraged defense stacks will be wasted like your jugg in arena.

KendraP
09.25.2017 , 12:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
More unstoppable than merc hmm?
Stop giving the regs example, they don't matter, because regs AREN'T about killing people.
Technically the regs example came from me and that miserable hypergates that spawned my return to skanking in PvP.

While technically a win because, like you said regs aren't about killing so the stupid imps that chased me around killing me repeatedly caused their team to lose it does bring up the point of just how squishy guardians are. And I'd argue VGs are worse still.

Sure we can do damage, provided the enemy is nice enough to leave you alone and let you do damage. And I generally run with a healing buddy so I shudder to think what ranked and solo are like. This is why I've never done ranked, 4 v 4 on a dps guardian is just aids anyway. Why go to a method so obviously stacked against you?