Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Does Bioware Dislike Women?


Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.03.2017 , 12:38 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
After seeing the roadmap, I'm thinking they don't give a rat's **** about story players, much less companions and their stories. I'm pretty much planning on letting my sub run out, which is gutting me, but I'm not going to continue to support a game that is just catering to raiders and PvP with no story content.

Someone on one of the other threads mentioned that while they still haven't said when Theron will be back, they're bringing back yet another LI for straight men. True to form, that.
That angered me too. No real specifics as to when we get more story or a resolution to that mess they made with Theron. And then to add insult to injury, they were supposed to come up with a male force user romance companion for the female and male half of the LGBT populace and what do they do...oh here, have a Hexid. Like there isn't enough female force using companions. And then of course that crap about Temple (most boring comp ever).

I swear to god they do it just to troll us. Do they really want to be rid of us so badly? That only the male dollar matters? I'm patient, but even I'm starting to get worn down by the empty promises and getting strung along.

grania's Avatar


grania
10.03.2017 , 05:19 AM | #82
Quote:
I swear to god they do it just to troll us. Do they really want to be rid of us so badly? That only the male dollar matters? I'm patient, but even I'm starting to get worn down by the empty promises and getting strung along.
I have actually heard this about game developers before, I can't remember where, a youtube video? I dunno. I'm inclined to believe it's less about disliking us and more about it being easier and cheaper to appeal to one crowd. It doesn't explain the mystery of the forbidden female flirts in the vanilla game, but does seem to be relevant to the current situation.

And it sucks, really it does, I don't know how else to put it.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.03.2017 , 10:23 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
That angered me too. No real specifics as to when we get more story or a resolution to that mess they made with Theron. And then to add insult to injury, they were supposed to come up with a male force user romance companion for the female and male half of the LGBT populace and what do they do...oh here, have a Hexid. Like there isn't enough female force using companions. And then of course that crap about Temple (most boring comp ever).

I swear to god they do it just to troll us. Do they really want to be rid of us so badly? That only the male dollar matters? I'm patient, but even I'm starting to get worn down by the empty promises and getting strung along.
Not only that but the female force user isn't someone they are bringing in with a story or any SSR prospect. She is literally an object to be won (and probably dressed in a slave outfit) to run mutely behind the player.

If one were to take a poll, more women (both straight and gay) probably like the story aspects, with romances or not, bwtter. More dudebros probably prefer stuff like raids or PvP and raids. Hmmm. Who is being favored now, it ia a mystery....*eyeroll*

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
10.03.2017 , 11:32 AM | #84
If you're coming to a Star Wars video game for the "Romance" then your expectations should be pretty low. We recently watched the Baywatch movie. We loved it. Why? We weren't expecting Citizen Kane. We were expecting a stupid remake of a stupid 80's / 90's TV show. We were quite satisfied.

But OK, continue with your never ending crusade for social justice in every tiny corner of the known universe LOL. Good luck with that.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
10.03.2017 , 12:04 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
After seeing the roadmap, I'm thinking they don't give a rat's **** about story players, much less companions and their stories. I'm pretty much planning on letting my sub run out, which is gutting me, but I'm not going to continue to support a game that is just catering to raiders and PvP with no story content.

Someone on one of the other threads mentioned that while they still haven't said when Theron will be back, they're bringing back yet another LI for straight men. True to form, that.
I'm sorry, but this game doesn't just cater to raiders and PvP'ers. Both Raider's and PvP'ers went 2 expansions without much (or any) content, while story players (while not the original 8 class stories) had all of the content catered to them. Hate to be absolutely blunt however STORY PLAYERS even have gotten content during the cycle after kotet came out with Iokath, and even Umbara (which while being a FP is also story).

The story may not be what you want, however don't say this game doesn't cater to story players, because that is just nonsense.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.03.2017 , 01:11 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
If you're coming to a Star Wars video game for the "Romance" then your expectations should be pretty low. We recently watched the Baywatch movie. We loved it. Why? We weren't expecting Citizen Kane. We were expecting a stupid remake of a stupid 80's / 90's TV show. We were quite satisfied.

But OK, continue with your never ending crusade for social justice in every tiny corner of the known universe LOL. Good luck with that.
Except that in this Star Wars game the companions have a lot of focus, both as friends and LIs. Since the devs have made that a big deal, people will discuss it as such.

Parsifal_'s Avatar


Parsifal_
10.03.2017 , 02:07 PM | #87
Heh. I have quite a few female toons (dw, I'm as straight as a guy can be) and even I have to agree that almost all romance options for female toons are god-awful. There are a couple of "good guys", but most seem to either be complete jerks, or have some serious mental issues to the point where I would feel uncomfortable to keep them around even on a male character. ("Sergeant Rusk reporting, Sir! Mission success 100%! Squad losses 97.3%!")

Well, there's always Lana.

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.03.2017 , 08:19 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Parsifal_ View Post
Heh. I have quite a few female toons (dw, I'm as straight as a guy can be) and even I have to agree that almost all romance options for female toons are god-awful. There are a couple of "good guys", but most seem to either be complete jerks, or have some serious mental issues to the point where I would feel uncomfortable to keep them around even on a male character. ("Sergeant Rusk reporting, Sir! Mission success 100%! Squad losses 97.3%!")

Well, there's always Lana.
No...there isn't always Lana. She holds no appeal for me as a straight female at all and if that's what it comes down to, I'm out.

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
10.03.2017 , 08:40 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
No...there isn't always Lana. She holds no appeal for me as a straight female at all and if that's what it comes down to, I'm out.
Amen !!!!!! (Straight Female here also)

devilkat's Avatar


devilkat
10.03.2017 , 09:57 PM | #90
I'm happy with the direction they are trying to go, according to the road map, anyway. They can release as much as they want for the PvP and ops people, as long as they do a good job on the story content and release something really good. They are releasing a little bit in November, and the end of this arc will come around early 2018, which is exactly what I thought the timeline would be. Easy on the hate for the devs. There are only so many of them, and they can only do so much. Let them take their time and release something awesome, instead of complaining about every little thing, forcing them to rush it, and getting a bunch of stuff cut out, like what happened with the Zakul stuff. If we're going to play together, we have to learn to share.
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"