Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Bioware Dislike Women?

StarkHelsing
09.24.2017 , 04:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
My husband tends to play as a female because he likes to have something pretty to look at if he's playing, that's his reasoning, but he has played male toons as well and has come to the same conclusions as I did, that men get more chances to flirt and more ftb. He noticed this particularly when he played his male SI...he got to flirt with the girl on NS in his cult...but the female SI couldn't flirt with the male. If things were fair, each should've had the option to flirt with the cult members.

Like another poster said, FSmuggler is fairly close to the ideal, in that she gets almost as much as the male smuggler where NPC flirts are concerned. I'd forgotten about Dharmas and the one nighter with Skavak. But that's the thing to be really great, it would've been nice to have them as permanent choices. Dharmas was particularly painful for me, because my smug preferred him to Corso.

I still think they could've done more, as I said, give everyone 2 choices at least.
Two for each would certainly be the sweet spot.

As for the Sith Inquisitor, I actually found there was a balance there. While the guy could flirt and sleep with the girl on Nar Shaddaa, he couldn't flirt and sleep with Lady Thul. The female inquisitor on Alderaan could flirt and have a one-night stand with Lady Thul's sith bodyguard - so they both had the opportunity to satisfy their appetites somewhat.
'I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.'
>>>Social Ability; Legacy Unlock <<<.
Why should Sith Purebloods get all the forceslap fun? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Lunafox
09.24.2017 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by StarkHelsing View Post
Two for each would certainly be the sweet spot.

As for the Sith Inquisitor, I actually found there was a balance there. While the guy could flirt and sleep with the girl on Nar Shaddaa, he couldn't flirt and sleep with Lady Thul. The female inquisitor on Alderaan could flirt and have a one-night stand with Lady Thul's sith bodyguard - so they both had the opportunity to satisfy their appetites somewhat.
Oh that guy...yah, yuck, but true enough, I suppose it worked out that way. I was amused by the fact that if FSI flirted with that guy, that Andronicus got together with one of the stable maids, so he got his too lol.

Iceslasher
09.24.2017 , 04:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by StarkHelsing View Post
Issue being is that the games seem to have a lot of women who are in power, it's the very fact Bioware supports women and thinks they should be higher ups etc, is where we get this issue. There are more opportunities to flirt with strong independent women, you see more of them than you do the men. I noticed this when it came to the whole flirting.
Sorry , hate to bring this up..but the GUYS get to flirt and have romances with the Smart Intelligent women..., Women get the idiots and the dregs of society ...oh and on that note..ever do the starter mission on Quesh for imps..Doesn't matter if you are Sith or a Mando bH who can Literally rip your tongue out and shove it where the sun doesn't shine..
One of them actually says " Women don't belong on the battlefield". Now if our toons did the above said thing THAT would be Darkside...but giving him a good pounding in the jaw..oh no oh goodness me..its darkside how DARE you be so un lady like. -.- you made my point for me , Thankyou

StarkHelsing
09.24.2017 , 06:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
Sorry , hate to bring this up..but the GUYS get to flirt and have romances with the Smart Intelligent women..., Women get the idiots and the dregs of society ...oh and on that note..ever do the starter mission on Quesh for imps..Doesn't matter if you are Sith or a Mando bH who can Literally rip your tongue out and shove it where the sun doesn't shine..
One of them actually says " Women don't belong on the battlefield". Now if our toons did the above said thing THAT would be Darkside...but giving him a good pounding in the jaw..oh no oh goodness me..its darkside how DARE you be so un lady like. -.- you made my point for me , Thankyou

;] I never said anything about you being seen as the strong and powerful woman, the NPCs are. Why would they do that when they can give you an option for you to literally sock them in the face?

I remember this quest, the male's get lip as well. He snorts and says 'we don't need his help' in a condescending manner. He's all around a huge git who deserves to be force choked/punched.
'I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.'
>>>Social Ability; Legacy Unlock <<<.
Why should Sith Purebloods get all the forceslap fun? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

IoNonSoEVero
09.24.2017 , 08:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
Yep. The LIs and flirts before SoR that are available to female PCs are woeful.

Another example of the dregs...in the Nar Shaddaa bonus series male Imperials get to flirt and have a one night stand with a pretty hot, smart lady Sith. Female PCs are offered this gross older Imperial officer who doesn't even want to wait for the female Sith NPC to show up to start his briefing.

ceryxp
09.24.2017 , 09:21 PM | #16
Yeah, but what about all those great SGR options, amiright? It's not like my Sage waited five years to finally meet someone who he could flirt with only to have him betray us. Silly me. All I had to do was go to the dark side and I would have had that (flirt) option years ago with someone who either dies or disappears never to be seen or heard from again (my Sorc is still waiting for you to acknowledge that kiss Cytharat ).

Seriously though, I don't think it's so much that Bioware hates straight women or LGBTQ people; we're just not their target demographic. It's not hate. It's just that we don't matter as much.

Jagaimee
09.24.2017 , 11:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
LGBTQ people [are] just not their target demographic. It's not hate. It's just that we don't matter as much.
... in THIS game, maybe, due to the lower rating. Have you ever played Mass Effect or Dragon Age (especially the later games in those series)? BioWare has a MASSIVE LGBT+ fanbase for a reason.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Iceslasher
09.25.2017 , 11:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
... in THIS game, maybe, due to the lower rating. Have you ever played Mass Effect or Dragon Age (especially the later games in those series)? BioWare has a MASSIVE LGBT+ fanbase for a reason.
The problem is the devs in this game don't seem to care about half their players which ARE Women and LGBTQ , like you Said may have a lower population, but wouldn't that suggest at least trying to not do the same thing over and over and over again..which is alienate us yet AGAIN. The original story's were great if you ignored the romances...we were ignored or given rotten choices except for one or two. Sadly its become routine...trust isn't a factor anymore for us because we know we are ignored and don't matter. o.O that is why the original post..They don't like female players?

Eshvara
09.26.2017 , 06:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Agreed, Bioware has done very well with accomedating to the LG+ community. This game is lacking, however but I don't think that started out as bioware's fault.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

casirabit
09.26.2017 , 06:53 AM | #20
The problem is they probably have the same mindset I find with a lot of the players in the game. They don't believe women or LGBTQ play the game or we are the minority which is not really the case. I know in my guild we had an even amount of ladies playing the game.

This is the wrong mindset. Until bioware changes their mindset about who plays their game we will continue to have the situation we have where our choices are more limited than what the guys have. While I don't do a lot of the romances I know there are ladies that do and I think they should have the same choices.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj