Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Does Bioware Dislike Women?


IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.03.2017 , 11:44 PM | #91
Lana is my sweetheart but there is no reason a straight woman *would* or ahould consider her as a romance option, being straight and all. Nor should they have to. There ahould be enough appealing men for them.

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
10.04.2017 , 01:11 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Lana is my sweetheart but there is no reason a straight woman *would* or ahould consider her as a romance option, being straight and all. Nor should they have to. There ahould be enough appealing men for them.
*high fives* Thanks for that. She makes a nice friend, I'll give her that, but I would prefer to run with a romance companion, like Theron for the most part.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.04.2017 , 12:59 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
*high fives* Thanks for that. She makes a nice friend, I'll give her that, but I would prefer to run with a romance companion, like Theron for the most part.
Any time. Yes, she and Theron are both nice friends on a platonic level. In terms of gameplay, I always try to get both Lana and Theron to level 50 influence quickly, and get the other 'core' companions like Koth and T7-01 leveled up as high as possible in case they end up being the 'required' companion for a chapter or flashpoint later on. In KOTET chapters 8 and 9, and the Iokath and Umbara stuff, it was so helpful having both Lana and Theron at 50.

However, I prefer to run with my romanced companion too. During the class stories and SoR I strongly favor one or two companions and run with them; during KOTFE and KOTET I want to run the content with Lana if I can. Every now and then if I'm farming mats or something I'll grab Xalek, Vette, Broonmark, Pierce or another companion I like, just for fun, but when it's time to get to the content, I want my LI.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.04.2017 , 01:04 PM | #94
And going back to the topic of missed romance opportunities and male Force users: I am taking a Sith Inquisitor through the class story right now, among others. Here's one that IMHO was a missed opportunity: that male Sith who works with Elana Thul on Alderaan. He's cute. He's strong. He has some very sweet dialogue about feeling lonely on Alderaan because he has no other Sith to talk to. He doesn't just want to shag my SI; he wants to buy her dinner and share some wine.

It would have been awesome if he had been turned into a companion and LI. They could have written it so that Elana Thul allows the Sith to join your crew to protect you, in gratitude for all your work helping House Thul.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 02:18 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
And going back to the topic of missed romance opportunities and male Force users: I am taking a Sith Inquisitor through the class story right now, among others. Here's one that IMHO was a missed opportunity: that male Sith who works with Elana Thul on Alderaan. He's cute. He's strong. He has some very sweet dialogue about feeling lonely on Alderaan because he has no other Sith to talk to. He doesn't just want to shag my SI; he wants to buy her dinner and share some wine.

It would have been awesome if he had been turned into a companion and LI. They could have written it so that Elana Thul allows the Sith to join your crew to protect you, in gratitude for all your work helping House Thul.
Urtel Moren? He was alright. When I played the SI story for the first time I was a bit sad he wasn't made into a companion. Although I don't find his appearance to be my type. ;c

Shame on me I know, but attractive pixels are important!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
10.04.2017 , 03:26 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Lana is my sweetheart but there is no reason a straight woman *would* or ahould consider her as a romance option, being straight and all. Nor should they have to. There ahould be enough appealing men for them.
Thanks and totally agree I like Lana, as a Friend..just frustrated that Theron HAD to be the traitor ...its always the straight woman and now gay man's romance option who must be the traitor Just getting old, Very old, NOT that i wanted Lana to be a traitor either but srsly...kind of obvious i fought with guildies for quite a while that is was not going to be Theron -.- I had true hope they wouldn't mess up I wanted it to be Satele anyone ...but nope true to form ...

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
10.04.2017 , 05:45 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMizrahi View Post
You're joking right? It's just a game!
Look, most of these ladies here have real life relationships and know it is just a game. Just because they enjoy their romance on the game is no reason for you to be so flippant and rude. Everyone has a different part of the game they like and most of these ladies would be the first to defend your right to like something or support it whether or not they like it or not.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.04.2017 , 06:08 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Urtel Moren? He was alright. When I played the SI story for the first time I was a bit sad he wasn't made into a companion. Although I don't find his appearance to be my type. ;c

Shame on me I know, but attractive pixels are important!
That's him! I wish they'd at least kept him in the story. He could have been an ally for the SI like Zash's new apprentices or something.

It's honest, I think, not shallow - we all want to appreciate and perhaps hook up with the types of people that appeal to us, whether that's IRL or in pixels. Physical attractiveness is such a subjective thing, too - what one person finds gorgeous, the next will find ugly. Perhaps it's a good thing since it means variety is celebrated, and we're not all fighting over the same person.

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.04.2017 , 06:13 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceslasher View Post
Thanks and totally agree I like Lana, as a Friend..just frustrated that Theron HAD to be the traitor ...its always the straight woman and now gay man's romance option who must be the traitor Just getting old, Very old, NOT that i wanted Lana to be a traitor either but srsly...kind of obvious i fought with guildies for quite a while that is was not going to be Theron -.- I had true hope they wouldn't mess up I wanted it to be Satele anyone ...but nope true to form ...
I still think Satele would have been perfect. In her chapter in KOTFE she pretty indifferently tells the Outlander that hey. she could have killed them when they were found unconscious, and she vanishes after that. Plus it would have tied into the Shan Family Feud they brought us in Iokath. I am still wondering if she is involved.

I think the LIs need to be sacred. No betrayals. Not from any of them.

Iceslasher's Avatar


Iceslasher
10.05.2017 , 07:00 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I still think Satele would have been perfect. In her chapter in KOTFE she pretty indifferently tells the Outlander that hey. she could have killed them when they were found unconscious, and she vanishes after that. Plus it would have tied into the Shan Family Feud they brought us in Iokath. I am still wondering if she is involved.

I think the LIs need to be sacred. No betrayals. Not from any of them.
Agreed at least now, they already did the surprise betrayal in the form of Quin -.- ( yay us women ) ok the guys never had it but still, its old and used and really taking a romance option and forcing half your player base to be angry while the other half really doesn't care...its sort of a catch 22...the guys would be incensed if you messed with lana but are ok with Theran but visa versa for us women and the same with the LGBTQ community split in the middle. We may not like one or the other being a traitor but are more ok with the one our toons are NOT involved with as opposed to the one they ARE. Making Satele ( influenced by say Marr ) would have made A Lot more sense or a different sith..Idk..Malgus or even OMG Jadus thanks to Satele being opened up to those influences something but Definitely not Theron or Lana!!!!! Damn it. Enough of Romance Companions ( Especially OURS turning on us )