Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am done with this, given too many chances, was patient, no significant changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
I am done with this, given too many chances, was patient, no significant changes

cybearr
09.23.2017 , 05:49 PM | #1
Ok here is the thing, I am unsubbing. I am primarily a pvp player and unranked at that. dont like arena so ranked is **** all for me.
But unranked is unplayable. its full of idiots with **** for gear, who pretty much serve as cannon fodder cause they are useless. after 5 years you still did not manage to put in a
1 - choose your wz option
2 - matchmaking (rep groups are full of heals and tanks, imps very few or no heals, and low valor/high valor players mixed.
3 - you had a good bolster, ****ed it up, still didnt put in 242, now the gear diff is so great that if your group has more than 2-3 low geared players, thats pretty much it
4 - class balance: you balance classes on dps/heal amount, but you totally ignore the difference in self heals and def cds. Just look at sniper and merc. or operative vs sin, some sort of unified self heal / def cd system should be put in place for dps classes
I do not enjoy it anymore, I work 40 hours a week when i go online i actually want at least the chance to win a game based on skill, when i look at my group 80% of the time I just think ffs not this **** again, so i either leave or rage in chat cause obviously you (BW) do **** all about the players frustration. teams are full of low gear players who dont even play objectives/or afk and just there to farm cxp/uc. I have grinded 3 chars up to 300 level. Done my bit gave your "new changes" a chance. Still not as good as you had it at 4.0, maybe if you tried to do your very best and not your "ok-ish" with minimum resources, then you would have a chance to make this game the very best. But i started to feel that you guys are living off the star wars name, and pretend to "improve" so you can say "yes we are working" no you are not, plenty of brilliant player suggestions has gone ignored, because they dont fit your business policy.
I have given several suggestions in the suggestion box, just like hundreds of other players and you still do **** all about them. I kept playing this game because its a star wars mmo, i love the background stories and even some pve bits, not to mention the character customisation options are great, but as a pvp player I cannot tolerate this anymore, I am not paying for this. Cheerio
Regards
Macello/Alec Mylops

Wimbleton
09.24.2017 , 12:50 AM | #2
The only way to play this game is with some buds on discord. That way you can either be good and coordinate and dominate or at the very least laugh and chat while you suck and lose. Either way I couldn't imagine surviving one second in this game otherwise.

Take care/can I haz ur loot, etc.

Totemdancer
09.24.2017 , 01:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cybearr View Post
Ok here is the thing, I am unsubbing. I am primarily a pvp player and unranked at that. dont like arena so ranked is **** all for me.
But unranked is unplayable. its full of idiots with **** for gear, who pretty much serve as cannon fodder cause they are useless. after 5 years you still did not manage to put in a
2 - matchmaking (rep groups are full of heals and tanks, imps very few or no heals, and low valor/high valor players mixed.
3 - you had a good bolster, ****ed it up, still didnt put in 242, now the gear diff is so great that if your group has more than 2-3 low geared players, thats pretty much it
4 - class balance: you balance classes on dps/heal amount, but you totally ignore the difference in self heals and def cds. Just look at sniper and merc. or operative vs sin, some sort of unified self heal / def cd system should be put in place for dps classes
I do not enjoy it anymore, I work 40 hours a week when i go online i actually want at least the chance to win a game based on skill, when i look at my group 80% of the time I just think ffs not this **** again, so i either leave or rage in chat cause obviously you (BW) do **** all about the players frustration. teams are full of low gear players who dont even play objectives/or afk and just there to farm cxp/uc. I have grinded 3 chars up to 300 level. Done my bit gave your "new changes" a chance. Still not as good as you had it at 4.0, maybe if you tried to do your very best and not your "ok-ish" with minimum resources, then you would have a chance to make this game the very best. But i started to feel that you guys are living off the star wars name, and pretend to "improve" so you can say "yes we are working" no you are not, plenty of brilliant player suggestions has gone ignored, because they dont fit your business policy.
I have given several suggestions in the suggestion box, just like hundreds of other players and you still do **** all about them. I kept playing this game because its a star wars mmo, i love the background stories and even some pve bits, not to mention the character customisation options are great, but as a pvp player I cannot tolerate this anymore, I am not paying for this. Cheerio
Regards
Macello/Alec Mylops
I feel your pain. I'm close to following suit

olagatonjedi
09.24.2017 , 02:04 AM | #4
Regards
Macello/Alec Mylops
Honestly it sounds like you expect too much, and swtor isnt for you. Most of the things you mentioned have a good reason for not being implemented, so it sounds like you arent in tune with what works for MMO pvp systems.

NightWalker--
09.24.2017 , 02:33 AM | #5
I stopped botherin nan long time ago... but to be fair, there s no good game right now to play at all.
Im waiting on Ashes of Creation, u guys should get a view, it should be good i guess.
Piece out

KevinQCowart
09.24.2017 , 02:49 AM | #6
Unranked warzones are such a hellhole now, I do ranked or exit game. If anyone values their sanity they would follow suit .

I'm not saying ranked is great either, but at least things happen. I'm not dummy parsing into a premade with 4 healers and 2 tanks.

hallucigenocide
09.24.2017 , 02:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWalker-- View Post
I stopped botherin nan long time ago... but to be fair, there s no good game right now to play at all.
Im waiting on Ashes of Creation, u guys should get a view, it should be good i guess.
Piece out
meh the combat system they got looks like dog **** and it's just another generic fantasy game.
the only upcoming title that seems a little bit interesting right now is Camelot Unchained but only because it's supposed to be able to support massive battles(something i'd really want in a Star Wars setting).

Kirtastropohe
09.24.2017 , 12:31 PM | #8
I must confess to being extremely disappointed at this point. When Keith came into the role, I gave the benefit of the doubt and really enjoyed the new spirit of open communication from the team, and there was some important work done to change the crap from the previous regime, but there has not been enough done since.

When it comes to PvP, it's been turned into a joke. Ranged rules the day, especially the mercs and commandos. Class balance has not been achieved and for these glaring issues to still be present nearly a year later is very disappointing.

Devs, you need to fix this stuff fast.

cybearr
09.24.2017 , 04:45 PM | #9
Ok guys, I gave a try to GW2, logged in went on discord with a Portuguese guy to get a few questions answered.
Pvp
- 50 vs 50 open world on 4 maps gear matters servers play against each other
- 5 vs 5 unranked and ranked, same gear level for Everyone! A lvl 10 can beat a lvl 80
The guy i spoke to told me that one of the top 10 pvper was below 10lvl and never left the starting area. And here i was thinking that swtor pvp was decent, **** no, it can be done much better.
Collections can be done with ingame currency for peanuts, you dont have to buy currency for real money, if you want to buy gems for rl money you can And you can exchange gems for ingame currency.
No monthly sub. 55 now to buy the standard expansions (all of them, there is 2 now) and a new one coming every year.
Every class can play several weapons stealther for example can use rifle pistol dagger sword staff scythe bow spear. One handed weapons can be combined any way you want in dual wield. You can swap between melee and ranged weapons with one button as you can equip 2 sets of weapons.
Game content is 50gb in your hard drive there are also dungeons raides and huge open world areas with gliding (flying)

All in all SWTOR is a ripoff where devs are making excuses why not to invest more money than they could. Swtor with dwindling players made a 100million dollars last year gw2 made 19million and they have ingame gms. This looks like to me that swtor is another star wars project to milk the cow.
It was fun, enjoyed the story lightsaber looks good but swtor has nothing left to offer for me. **** 'em.
I might be off a little bit on some of the details as this is information from a 4year continous player but what i have seen was enough to buy full game access.

olagatonjedi
09.24.2017 , 09:55 PM | #10
Ok guys, I gave a try to GW2, logged in went on discord with a Portuguese guy to get a few questions answered.
Pvp
- 50 vs 50 open world on 4 maps gear matters servers play against each other
- 5 vs 5 unranked and ranked, same gear level for Everyone! A lvl 10 can beat a lvl 80
The guy i spoke to told me that one of the top 10 pvper was below 10lvl and never left the starting area. And here i was thinking that swtor pvp was decent, **** no, it can be done much better.
Collections can be done with ingame currency for peanuts, you dont have to buy currency for real money, if you want to buy gems for rl money you can And you can exchange gems for ingame currency.
No monthly sub. 55 now to buy the standard expansions (all of them, there is 2 now) and a new one coming every year.
Every class can play several weapons stealther for example can use rifle pistol dagger sword staff scythe bow spear. One handed weapons can be combined any way you want in dual wield. You can swap between melee and ranged weapons with one button as you can equip 2 sets of weapons.
Game content is 50gb in your hard drive there are also dungeons raides and huge open world areas with gliding (flying)

All in all SWTOR is a ripoff where devs are making excuses why not to invest more money than they could. Swtor with dwindling players made a 100million dollars last year gw2 made 19million and they have ingame gms. This looks like to me that swtor is another star wars project to milk the cow.
It was fun, enjoyed the story lightsaber looks good but swtor has nothing left to offer for me. **** 'em.
I might be off a little bit on some of the details as this is information from a 4year continous player but what i have seen was enough to buy full game access.
We get it! You want easy mode. G/L with GW2.