Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Platinum Item: Emperor/Empress Title

Ylliarus
09.23.2017 , 09:00 AM | #1
I would like to suggest for a title to be added in one of the next Cartel Packs as a new platinum item, namely the "Emperor" and "Empress" title. It's a huge pity and shame that we never got that title by completing KotET although it also is something nice as otherwise we'd see hundreds of people using that title on the fleets. So my proposition would be to make the title a platinum item that drops from a few upcoming Cartel Packs as to still give the title to players but keep it rare and unique. I'd suggest the title would look something like this:

Emperor [Character Name] - for male characters
Empress [Character Name] - for female characters

Naturally it doesn't have to be exactly like that, I could also imagine for other variations to be likeable and possible to signify that our characters can become Emperor/Empress at the end of KotET:

[Character Name], Emperor of Zakuul
[Character Name], Empress of Zakuul

[Character Name], The Eternal Emperor
[Character Name], The Eternal Empress

The Eternal Emperor [Character Name]
The Eternal Empress [Character Name]

Nonetheless, I believe the most simple and enjoyable version would be the first one I have proposed, namely Emperor [Character Name]/Empress [Character Name]. In design it will look nice and it's simple, short, as if it becomes too long it can become a bit too pretentious.
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Eshvara
09.23.2017 , 09:10 AM | #2
I was never a fan of the emperor and empress title on its own, but I'll take Empress of Zakuul any day! It doesn't sound so end game unlike just emperor/ress!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Sith-Viscera
09.23.2017 , 09:10 AM | #3
I can see it now? Will the real Emperor/Empress please stand up?

Other wise their be tons of Emperors and Empresses all over the place, whats the point?
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Ylliarus
09.23.2017 , 09:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
I can see it now? Will the real Emperor/Empress please stand up?

Other wise their be tons of Emperors and Empresses all over the place, whats the point?
Hence why I suggest for it to be a platinum rarity item so that the amount of people having this title would be limited. It would just be a cool addon and we already know all of our character can become Emperor/Empress so it shouldn't be too much of a big deal... besides, if you want to further have lore reasons as to why there are multiple Emperors and Empresses running around the fleets, well, you have tons of planets in the Star Wars galaxy that have an Emperor or Empress as head of state! For example Koros Major (otherwise known as Empress Teta), the Tapani Empire, the planets of Atrisia and Eiattu. So, if you'd see a few characters with the Emperor/Empress title you could assume they're the ruler of a planet that has a monarchy with an Emperor/Empress at its head and you are the Emperor/Empress of Zakuul and they can do the same for you so everyone has their own headcanon and can feel special
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.

juliushorst
09.23.2017 , 11:01 AM | #5
Gender-specific title would be really cool... it's kind of stupid my female toons are Lords, just like male ones. Dark Lady of the Sith sounds really nice and so would Empress.

DarkLordSnake
09.23.2017 , 01:14 PM | #6
I would love then as titles, but a giant No to them dropping from hypercrate as platinum... would be a lot better actually earning them through an achievement .
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

fishpeople
09.23.2017 , 01:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
I would love then as titles, but a giant No to them dropping from hypercrate as platinum... would be a lot better actually earning them through an achievement .
^^^

Dark Side option t the ending of KOTET?

casirabit
09.23.2017 , 01:28 PM | #8
This. It should not be added to the cartel shop.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Ylliarus
09.23.2017 , 04:38 PM | #9
But the problem with this is that you'd get way more people running around with the title than if it were a platinum rarity item. There are still even people who complain about the fact there are so many Darths running around, they'd complain even more if it were the exact same case for the Emperor/Empress title. This way however you can limit the amount of players having the title so that it would still feel unique a special.

Or have it come from a very hard achievement that only a handful of players can get their hands on it like with the Wings of the Architect. Who knows maybe even they could pull out Valkorion's fight at the end of KotET and also make it an operation so that you can earn an Emperor/Empress title if you defeat Nightmare mode.
The Twi'lek Crusader

DarkLordSnake
09.23.2017 , 06:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
But the problem with this is that you'd get way more people running around with the title than if it were a platinum rarity item. There are still even people who complain about the fact there are so many Darths running around, they'd complain even more if it were the exact same case for the Emperor/Empress title. This way however you can limit the amount of players having the title so that it would still feel unique a special.

Or have it come from a very hard achievement that only a handful of players can get their hands on it like with the Wings of the Architect. Who knows maybe even they could pull out Valkorion's fight at the end of KotET and also make it an operation so that you can earn an Emperor/Empress title if you defeat Nightmare mode.
This is also why the feature of Ignore is created... I would rather have the titles to earn than having to buy a hypercrate and have the chances of it dropping very slim, to where I'll have to pay hundreds of millions of credits just for a title.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78