Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

DerSchneider
09.27.2017 , 09:13 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by MacGeiler View Post
I just put "go tank tunnel" in raid chat at the beginning of each match and it's been working out okay. If that doesn't work tell your Operative to wait until acid for a showcase of maximum skill. And don't forget to skank tank!
Mac's guide on "How to be gay"
Nightrain Juggernaut

DsevenO
09.27.2017 , 04:18 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
keep playing

call good strats for your team

improve your game

don't play pt or juggernaut dps
Quoted for emphasis.
Go Forth and Die

RafaelPeretz
10.06.2017 , 05:52 PM | #63
And this is why I get stucked with a ******* rating no matter what I do:
https://imgur.com/a/Y7fzi

I will just put this toon to melt now. **** this.

DavidAtkinson
10.06.2017 , 11:08 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post

Yes... if you are stuck with low rating it's very hard to climb but can be done.

If there are bads online there are very high chances they will be on your team because it's how the matchmaking works for solo ranked. It teams up peopel with similar ratings. You need to add every player who does ranked on friends list, set comments like, good, decent, garbage troll and try to que dodge people you think that need to be avoided like that merc.

I've tried it, helps a bit.

invertioN
10.07.2017 , 01:53 AM | #65

So u never had rounds where u died with low damage done ?
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

RafaelPeretz
10.07.2017 , 02:25 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
So u never had rounds where u died with low damage done ?
Surely I had. But I never had a round with less than 100k dmg.
And a sin and a merc getting globaled together is not normal! Jesus! That is a serious LTP issue.
People that don't know to play their classes should stay in regs.

invertioN
10.07.2017 , 02:37 AM | #67
And a sin and a merc getting globaled together is not normal! Jesus! That is a serious LTP issue.
I just find that when people say "I can't increase rating because of X" they overlook their occasional bad plays.
And saying you never had a round with less 100k dmg just proves my point. How is that possible? The highest rated sins have rounds with less than 100k dmg...
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

DavidAtkinson
10.07.2017 , 02:52 AM | #68
Someone getting globaled might also be the result of bad teamwork on your side...

One of the biggest problems I see in arenas is the selfishness of players. They agree on 1 target 3 of them run to it like blind and they let usually 1 behind who gets attacked by 2 enemies or 3 and dies fast.

Then they rage about him nab, troll or whatever. If you know someone/see will get globaled you have to react.

There was this match I lost vs reps who had a guardian who was our main focus. they had 2 sents and 1 mando and guess what... those 3 made sure we never reach their guardian. we lost.. and ppl on our team were insulting and raging while clearly enemy had much better team work.

These are little things but can help change the outcome of a typical scenario.

Cruzqt
10.09.2017 , 04:38 AM | #69
Yeah easiest way is for sure to just play the flavour classes and call a decent strat that everybody agrees upon. Its a shame that BW really doesnt seem to give a single **** about PvP Class Balance. Juggernaut/Guardian or PT dps have been obsolete for months/years now. I dont have issues with a meta, but it should change every once in a while...
Mopping for a better future since 1990.

EnzoForMe
10.09.2017 , 08:27 AM | #70
As a whole, the average skill level in solo ranked these days is so low that it's not your class; your queue strategy, or your lucky armband that get you a high (2.5-3k+) rating. Hackers, queue syncing, 3v4s, throwing, tantrums etc. come with the territory and top players usually drop the majority of their points in these scenarios but they are canceled out in the long run. Yes some players game the system on their dead servers but the ranked community knows who they are and we ignore or laugh at them.

Participating in solos since it came out has showed me that, for the majority of your games, you simply have to carry a collection of individuals that have no business winning the match and do little on or off-scoreboard to contribute to a win better than your counterpart on the other team can. This is easiest to do as a healer; moderate as a tank and hardest as a dps. You also should be able to maintain a 75-80% total win/loss with a real win/loss taking out the situations I mentioned at the beginning of around 90%.

From a dps perspective, you won't get 3k if you can't win 1v2s consistently, peel/mitigate effectively, survive focus, call correct & simple strats that include a KO and cc target that even your brain dead "teammates" can understand, and you must tend to double the dps output of the rest of your team combined.

The bottom line is solo ranked is filled with goldfish that think they're sharks; it's not hard to get a high rating if you are skilled and there's no one to blame but yourself if you can't achieve tier 1. If that's tough to hear, regs may be more your pace and there's nothing wrong with that.
Caprica <The Squirtle Squad>
S-3/S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper
S-2/S-8 #1 Solo Gunslinger/Sniper