Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 05:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Sorry dude but I am 100% right. It's all about luck, cheating and at least being able to pull your own. I had a good started and ended with +1400 and now I am stuck in the 1200 bracket. I don't care how awesome epic this asana guy is, even he can not carry half his team. If he goes from 900 to +2000 he is either the luckiest guy around or he is cheating.

Like this: https://i.imgur.com/CYmPmRs.jpg
Sniper, Merc, Sin vs. Oper, Sorc, Sin. Completely unbalanced DPS wise and nothing I can do.
Are you sure ? You are making the assumptions based on what ?

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 05:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Are you sure ? You are making the assumptions based on what ?
Sure about what? That he is either cheating or extremely lucky? Going from 900 to +2000 requires a win ratio of epic proportions with this ELO system.

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 05:52 AM | #23
Just tried my merc for the first time, and of course I get PVE-players with gear rating 206 and both matches had a guy that left after first round. You can not have a functional ELO system with this many variable out of your control. God I hate this game.

Edit: 3 matches out of 4 all had leavers. Idk if they are wintrading or not, it's completely #%#&%#""#"

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 05:52 AM | #24
Sure about what? That he is either cheating or extremely lucky? Going from 900 to +2000 requires a win ratio of epic proportions with this ELO system.
The official explanation from ranked players is that you have to be able to carry others in order to improve your win loss ratio.

Yes.. there are high chances that you will end up in garbage teams especially in 900-1000 bracket so you have to dps of 2 ppl in case you have that Jugg with green gear on your team.

Operative can pull that off with the help of endless self heals and stealth, however for a sin or a mara it's much harder.

I am not sure how does one get form 900 to 2500 but after my first 10 games which were all lost I was 910 and I got up to 1050. After that I am stuck in that region and cannot get out of it.

I am not lucky it seems.

I don't think there is any magic formula here. Mathematically speaking if you are not a PVP god that can survive 3 ppl hammering you, you will have a tough time cimbing ranks but can still do it with the right strategy(know when to que and when to stop).

There was this sin yesterday in enemy team with gold flair and he was "garbage" and yes.. his team was trash so he was trash too as he couldn't do the job of 2 ppl obviously.

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 06:02 AM | #25
Operative can pull that off with the help of endless self heals and stealth, however for a sin or a mara it's much harder.
Both sins and maras are in a better spot than con-ops at the moment. I mean sure it could happen occasionally that you carry your team, but it's not possible as a constant.

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 06:12 AM | #26
Both sins and maras are in a better spot than con-ops at the moment. I mean sure it could happen occasionally that you carry your team, but it's not possible as a constant.
No they aren't.

Self heal is a major advantage in solo. yeah maybe mara and sin can do more DPS but in arena survivability is more important and opers are very good at it because they can heal themselves and others.

Oper off healing his team happens in many games.

Good opers can off heal and do DMG at the same time. that's how they can carry their team through.

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 06:46 AM | #27
No they aren't.

Self heal is a major advantage in solo. yeah maybe mara and sin can do more DPS but in arena survivability is more important and opers are very good at it because they can heal themselves and others.

Oper off healing his team happens in many games.

Good opers can off heal and do DMG at the same time. that's how they can carry their team through.
Op Off-healing is mediocre at best. Yes it can help in a tight spot and of course I off-heal if needed be, but it's mostly a symptom of the match going badly when dps begins to off-heal. And we would be seeing a lot more opers of they were better than maras and sins, but we are clearly not going to agree on that heh.

invertioN
09.24.2017 , 07:01 AM | #28
Op Off-healing is mediocre at best. Yes it can help in a tight spot and of course I off-heal if needed be, but it's mostly a symptom of the match going badly when dps begins to off-heal. And we would be seeing a lot more opers of they were better than maras and sins, but we are clearly not going to agree on that heh.
I've asked this before but... how can the sample people be the "lucky ones" every season?
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 07:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
I've asked this before but... how can the sample people be the "lucky ones" every season?
They clearly aren't.

The guy that gets gold tier one year might only get bronze the next. But the third year he might get gold again, and it just seems like he is always at the top. I find it far more likely that wintrading is taking place if the same 10 players always ended in top 15.

yellow_
09.24.2017 , 08:21 AM | #30
Sorry dude but I am 100% right. It's all about luck, cheating and at least being able to pull your own. I had a good started and ended with +1400 and now I am stuck in the 1200 bracket. I don't care how awesome epic this asana guy is, even he can not carry half his team. If he goes from 900 to +2000 he is either the luckiest guy around or he is cheating.

Like this: https://i.imgur.com/CYmPmRs.jpg
Sniper, Merc, Sin vs. Oper, Sorc, Sin. Completely unbalanced DPS wise and nothing I can do.
I understand why continue to delude yourself, it makes it easier to continue believing you're secretly a great arena player and are just unlucky

It's definitely not that you aren't as good as you think you are

Just all luck and cheaters