Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

DavidAtkinson
09.21.2017 , 03:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by captainwesson View Post
Interesting idea! Wouldn't Ingoring them be better, though, to then guarantee that you never get in with them (and if enough people ignored, they would never get a pop)? Or does Ranked treat Ignore differently?
Ignore doesn't work in PVP.

You will still get in the same match with the bad player you ignored...

Ansultares
09.21.2017 , 04:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Coloneli View Post
Sacrifice your young to digouts
Can confirm this works. One of my first ranked wins this season was a 4v4 against Digouts (who had already won the first three matches against me), when Digouts suddenly dropped and made it a 4v3.
Snare

Lundorff
09.23.2017 , 03:34 PM | #13
You can not really affect your rating yourself. You can certainly help it along the way through gear, experience and the "right" class, but you can be the very best player in your class and still end up at the bottom of the barrel. Ranked simply have too many variables for individual players to truly affect the outcome:

• Wintreaders / hackers
  • Leaves / AFK'ers
  • PvEplayers (with no gear and/or no pvp experience)
  • Team composition (this is the big one)
  • Class imbalance
  • Poor implementation of ELO (queue pops have priority over proper ELO I suspect)
  • Queue syncing

Sure you can try to queue dodge some players, but the population is really too small for such tactics (i.e. you will have to wait longer and longer to play). From what I can see it's mostly about luck. Did you get Harasin, Oskay and Ebola on your team? Congrats, you have (probably) won. Did you get a PT on your team? Congrats, you have surely lost. Random and luck.

Full disclosure: I am mostly running an op this season, and so far I am 50/50. I can do my part if both sides are equally matched, but mercs, snipers and maras seems to be the better classes at the moment. If there are any ops with +1500 rating (who hasn't cheated...) please post some videos and allow me to learn from you.

yellow_
09.23.2017 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
You can not really affect your rating yourself. You can certainly help it along the way through gear, experience and the "right" class, but you can be the very best player in your class and still end up at the bottom of the barrel. Ranked simply have too many variables for individual players to truly affect the outcome:
sorry dude but you are 100% wrong

Full disclosure: I am mostly running an op this season, and so far I am 50/50. I can do my part if both sides are equally matched, but mercs, snipers and maras seems to be the better classes at the moment. If there are any ops with +1500 rating (who hasn't cheated...) please post some videos and allow me to learn from you.
Asana was a top 3 operative DPS last season. This season, he had a brutal first ten games and placed in the 900s. From the boards I can see he's already climbed to 1600+. He will climb to 2500+ if he cares to put in the effort.

Is SR pretty random? You bet. But this doesn't make it impossible to climb, it just makes it grindy. I'll use asana as an example again. Someone like him isn't going to turn horribly unwinnable games like anyone else but he has a huge impact on the winnable ones, and over time this impact slowly adds up. And so he will reliably climb, as can anyone else who pulls their weight. If you play at a 2K rating level, you'll hit something like 2K rating if you keep at it.

Sith-Viscera
09.23.2017 , 08:03 PM | #15
Answer me this? The Galactic Command Panel has an option to switch to on Tank/DPS or just Tank or just DPS. Ok i am a Jugg Tank, i dont like playing as tank on that toon all the time, i like to be DPS and not worry about the duties of a Tank. So i thought that option was to set it to Tank/DPS, then it will use a 50/50 chance of going into a match as tank or dps. Or you just pick tank and you would go into match as a tank all the time or the same with just the DPS option. But since the galactic command been out, i set it for Tank/DPS and to no avail it always puts me in all pvp matches as tank. So i switched it to just dps. And it still wont put me in as what i have it set for, is it a bug or am i not getting the meaning of this option right?

thx....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

yellow_
09.23.2017 , 08:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
Answer me this? The Galactic Command Panel has an option to switch to on Tank/DPS or just Tank or just DPS. Ok i am a Jugg Tank, i dont like playing as tank on that toon all the time, i like to be DPS and not worry about the duties of a Tank. So i thought that option was to set it to Tank/DPS, then it will use a 50/50 chance of going into a match as tank or dps. Or you just pick tank and you would go into match as a tank all the time or the same with just the DPS option. But since the galactic command been out, i set it for Tank/DPS and to no avail it always puts me in all pvp matches as tank. So i switched it to just dps. And it still wont put me in as what i have it set for, is it a bug or am i not getting the meaning of this option right?

thx....
in PVP your role is based on whatever spec you are in at the time of queuing, as you cannot respec once you're in game

the only reason you can select multiple roles for PVE is that you can always respec based on the situation in the flashpoint or operation or whatever. by queuing that way you're just signallling your willingness to switch if need be, which is not an option in pvp

Sith-Viscera
09.23.2017 , 11:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
in PVP your role is based on whatever spec you are in at the time of queuing, as you cannot respec once you're in game

the only reason you can select multiple roles for PVE is that you can always respec based on the situation in the flashpoint or operation or whatever. by queuing that way you're just signallling your willingness to switch if need be, which is not an option in pvp
Oh i see, i dont do Ops and rarely i do FP so i didnt think of them being part of that option i just figure it was for pvp.
Ok, Got ya, Thanks for the Enlightenment.....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

invertioN
09.24.2017 , 02:28 AM | #18
Did you get Harasin, Oskay and Ebola on your team? Congrats, you have (probably) won. Did you get a PT on your team?.
dream tim
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 02:57 AM | #19

Asana was a top 3 operative DPS last season. This season, he had a brutal first ten games and placed in the 900s. From the boards I can see he's already climbed to 1600+. He will climb to 2500+ if he cares to put in the effort.

Is SR pretty random? You bet. But this doesn't make it impossible to climb, it just makes it grindy. I'll use asana as an example again. Someone like him isn't going to turn horribly unwinnable games like anyone else but he has a huge impact on the winnable ones, and over time this impact slowly adds up. And so he will reliably climb, as can anyone else who pulls their weight. If you play at a 2K rating level, you'll hit something like 2K rating if you keep at it.
Sorry bro... If I dig deeper in what you've said here we will arrive to the conclusion that: "STOP queing when things go dire"

And YEs, you need to make a huge impact on the winnable games, I am totally with you on this one too, BUT what if there aren't many winnable matches around for you considering who is in que and you dont have the bet rating, the chance of getting teamed up with them is pretty high which will result in more losses.

I am not the best player around, but I am far from being a complete nab. My rating however is that of a complete nab. If after 10 games I land in 900s, I cannot get out of that zone ever. I am getting the most garbage leavers, throwers, farmers,, green gears who don't exist int he game at all.

I have to stop que if I see trouble ?YES, but I feel like playing ranked. and I que and I lost 11 games in a row and win 5. is it good ?

I gain 100 elo in one night to lose 60 the next day. It's really garbage and you just don't feel like bothering too much again and just do it for the 100k comms and the rewards.

The more you play something the better you should be at it, but in case of ranked, the more I que one after another, the bigger the chances of getting into garbage teams and losing all the rating you've gained.

It's pretty clear that Team Ranked is the only viable form of competitive PVP out there, but weirdly enough it's pretty dead and hard to find groups for it. even on Red Eclipse. Very few teams are in que.

Ranked favors certain classes and operative is one of them. Self heal with stealth and roll and endless stun fest ? Yes sir. that one can carry other ppl, But I don't play Oper< I play sin and Mara. No self heals: harder to carry.

Lundorff
09.24.2017 , 04:41 AM | #20

Sorry dude but I am 100% right. It's all about luck, cheating and at least being able to pull your own. I had a good started and ended with +1400 and now I am stuck in the 1200 bracket. I don't care how awesome epic this asana guy is, even he can not carry half his team. If he goes from 900 to +2000 he is either the luckiest guy around or he is cheating.

Like this: https://i.imgur.com/CYmPmRs.jpg
Sniper, Merc, Sin vs. Oper, Sorc, Sin. Completely unbalanced DPS wise and nothing I can do.