Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could Arcan have won?

adormitul
09.21.2017 , 05:53 AM | #1
In the final duel against him could he have won if he did not lose his balance and outlander did not? Also got we have good balance do we not?

SolarSaenz
09.21.2017 , 07:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
In the final duel against him could he have won if he did not lose his balance and outlander did not? Also got we have good balance do we not?
I don't think Arcann could have won. I think the only other outcome would have been the duel ended in a stalemate. His flagship would start to crash down around him and the PC. The PC would make a break for it, and Arcann would have been kinda trapped on the bridge of his flagship until Senya arrives. Then, the events play out pretty much the same as they did in the ending of KOTFE Ch 15.

Kataret
09.21.2017 , 11:06 AM | #3
Well I mean he almost did kill us as soon as the duel started... but then Valkorion used his forcefield powers to save us from Arcann's blade, so....

No, but is all seriousness, our character had become a better duelist than Arcann by Chapter 16. Either by drawing on both the Dark and the Light (Force-users) or by having developed an understanding or Arcann and Zakuul that gave us leverage over him (Non Force-users). Even before he lost his balance, he noted that we were "stronger" than before, and likely "stronger" than him.

fishpeople
09.21.2017 , 01:08 PM | #4
Maybe, if he had thrown his lightsaber at the ships window, forcing us into the vacuum of space.

Oh wait ... we've already done that, and survived it.

Eshvara
09.22.2017 , 04:45 AM | #5
I think without Valkorion, we would have never stood a chance against Arcann at any point, also not in the last chapter.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero
09.22.2017 , 09:01 AM | #6
I think the duel in Chapter 8 wasn't necessarily a good indication of what would happen one way or the other...the Outlander was likely still recovering from carbonite, and right before they got stabbed, they were distracted by that little conversation with Valkorion.

In the second duel, I think that the Outlander holds their own against Arcann, and just like any duel with two very strong Force users, it could have gone either way. The Outlander had gone through more training and learned how to use the Force in a new way, and they had also recovered from their previous battle - so they were lean, mean and ready to fight. At the end of the battle Arcann's clearly not doing well.

And assuming you don't save him, in Chapter 6 of KOTET, Arcann's got a host of new implants and cybernetics, and the Outlander flattens him...and that's without any visible help from Valkorion AND with a very angry Arcann who has a score to settle.

adormitul
09.22.2017 , 01:17 PM | #7
Actually in our third battle with Arcann he pushed us back if I remember correctly sure we managed to block all his strikes but the Outlander still went back with every hit he could not hold ground. Then boom the ground shake and both lost balance but the Outlander got it back faster and allowed him to make an hit to Aracann which in and duel where the difference is minimal in lightsaber skill and injury means defeat.
It reduces speed and range of movement and focus. At that point Arcann was done. Yet if that ground did not shake was there any chance for the Outlander or will Arcann will have won?

IoNonSoEVero
09.22.2017 , 04:26 PM | #8
Actually in our third battle with Arcann he pushed us back if I remember correctly sure we managed to block all his strikes but the Outlander still went back with every hit he could not hold ground. Then boom the ground shake and both lost balance but the Outlander got it back faster and allowed him to make an hit to Aracann which in and duel where the difference is minimal in lightsaber skill and injury means defeat.
It reduces speed and range of movement and focus. At that point Arcann was done. Yet if that ground did not shake was there any chance for the Outlander or will Arcann will have won?
I went back and looked at the cut scene - nothing like that seems to happen. Vaylin hasn't started bombing the area yet, and the Outlander pretty much annihilates him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkBWO6liLo

Nefla
09.22.2017 , 09:01 PM | #9
He would have won if he'd been smart enough to pick up a random Zakuul Knight shield.

Tadagyt
09.22.2017 , 09:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I think without Valkorion, we would have never stood a chance against Arcann at any point, also not in the last chapter.
This. We won because of Valkorion. His power kept the outlander alive.

...imagine if Arcann marries a force user outlander... their children could be the most powerful beings ever.