Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Matters - It rly does, bro, srsly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gear Matters - It rly does, bro, srsly.

Beyrahl
09.21.2017 , 07:29 PM | #31
dank aoe
am impressed

t-darko
09.22.2017 , 03:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
There is no spoon!

ace_boogie
09.23.2017 , 02:26 PM | #33
All I got from this thread is that OP is wild corny
Ksenia (Semi-Retired)

Transcendent
09.24.2017 , 04:15 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
where the tiniest miss/late button push means your death.
Or just piss poor game engine network coding that doesn't update the server on where a player actually is. Which seems to be happening more lately.

Anyway, well played.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

merovejec
09.25.2017 , 01:47 AM | #35
There is also a post on reddit now where a guy made a video about "gear doesnt matter". Funny is he played imp side ofc against a team of noob/rpers

what is this trend surfacing now about people wanting to prove that you dont need gear for PVP?? Its nonsence! Those are just lucky matches where people dont get serious oposition.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

t-darko
09.25.2017 , 04:45 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
There is also a post on reddit now where a guy made a video about "gear doesnt matter". Funny is he played imp side ofc against a team of noob/rpers

what is this trend surfacing now about people wanting to prove that you dont need gear for PVP?? Its nonsence! Those are just lucky matches where people dont get serious oposition.
I did a response post a couple of pages ago on how we tend to perceive the world, I'm sure there's pvpers that are skilled enough and in an knowingly environment can put out numbers that are considered brilliant. BUT. the thing is that every average Joe does get better in an knowingly environment, AND those guy's that, hopefully not even using 3d party ToS violating hardware aka Macros, are very few. To compare and demand that every average Joe should put out the same as those few players are not only Silly but also plain ignorant. Anyone who's ever leveled through low- and midbies know that gear matters, and that purple is better than green, what happened now to pvp is that top teir pvp is a continuation of low- and midbie pvp, where in fact gear matters for thos who not belongs to the top 1%.

Wimbleton
09.25.2017 , 06:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
I did a response post a couple of pages ago on how we tend to perceive the world, I'm sure there's pvpers that are skilled enough and in an knowingly environment can put out numbers that are considered brilliant. BUT. the thing is that every average Joe does get better in an knowingly environment, AND those guy's that, hopefully not even using 3d party ToS violating hardware aka Macros, are very few. To compare and demand that every average Joe should put out the same as those few players are not only Silly but also plain ignorant. Anyone who's ever leveled through low- and midbies know that gear matters, and that purple is better than green, what happened now to pvp is that top teir pvp is a continuation of low- and midbie pvp, where in fact gear matters for thos who not belongs to the top 1%.

Now the thread is finally getting somewhere.

Mr. SJW states that if my mommy had loved me more, I'd have more empathy for those that suck at PvP and would have thought more about their feelings before making this thread.

Well, jokes on you, I had two dads and they loved me a minimum of 2 times per week, again, without gear on.

merovejec
09.25.2017 , 09:47 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
Anyone who's ever leveled through low- and midbies know that gear matters, and that purple is better than green, what happened now to pvp is that top teir pvp is a continuation of low- and midbie pvp, where in fact gear matters for thos who not belongs to the top 1%.
I remember the times when they raised level and i had my full Brutalizer gear and went into midbies. I was really ripping ppl apart in midbies due to that.

Anyway what I wanted to say I leveled a toon to 70 last week and did a little PVP while at it. It was A BLAST!! I mean I was king of the hill, one eyed man among the blind, it was simply incredible. Most matches I was immortal etc, I mean it was sooo fun to see so many noob players there. I take back everything I said about Icykill playing midbdies

But in those wzs u could clearly see how gear does not matter (i had the 208 initial blues from 65 token toon) but skill was very important.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

t-darko
09.28.2017 , 09:57 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
Now the thread is finally getting somewhere.

Mr. SJW states that if my mommy had loved me more, I'd have more empathy for those that suck at PvP and would have thought more about their feelings before making this thread.

Well, jokes on you, I had two dads and they loved me a minimum of 2 times per week, again, without gear on.
Well looks like u got me there mate, on the other hand . . .

Spoiler

joshfoust
09.28.2017 , 04:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post

Ohhh i remember that video. Because I made it in honor of this thread's op. So thank you op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6WmikQOCKw&t=1s <-------

Thats the video btw.
Lunchboxi/Sarahpaleing
Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGn...XNgd8evEECkyww