Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

cOMPANIONS : cLOTHES, ARE THEY NEEDED?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
cOMPANIONS : cLOTHES, ARE THEY NEEDED?

keoaka's Avatar


keoaka
09.17.2017 , 01:25 AM | #1
ARE CLOTHES NEEDED (OTHER THAN THE WEAPONS)\


SO NO STATS are carried over from any apparel (other than the weapons functionality)?

- or what does customizing do for a droid companion or any othe rcompanion (bought or not)

DDaMAGEr's Avatar


DDaMAGEr
09.17.2017 , 01:27 AM | #2
As far as l noticed, primary weapon damage stat is reflected at tooltip of their powers in DPS role. So maybe makes sense only give then moddable weapon, then mod highest Hilt/Barrel possible. Equipment is totally cosmetic stuff for them - they get extra stat from presence (based on lnfluence level + boosts (like Chilled Corellian Cocktail)).

PiiTarr's Avatar


PiiTarr
09.17.2017 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DDaMAGEr View Post
As far as l noticed, primary weapon damage stat is reflected at tooltip of their powers in DPS role. So maybe makes sense only give then moddable weapon, then mod highest Hilt/Barrel possible. Equipment is totally cosmetic stuff for them - they get extra stat from presence (based on lnfluence level + boosts (like Chilled Corellian Cocktail)).
Companions are not affected by the stats of any gear, including weapons. They simply need a weapon to be equipped. Highest hilt/barrel possible will do nothing for them.

LordSuperFrits's Avatar


LordSuperFrits
09.17.2017 , 01:30 PM | #4
Companions don't get Stats from any armor, and just need a weapon to do their moves
Want Free Stuff? Click Below! We Both get Rewarded!
http://www.swtor.com/r/lXW8j7

Emperor_Odin's Avatar


Emperor_Odin
09.17.2017 , 10:32 PM | #5
Companions' damage is only affected by your Presence stat so just dress them up how you want them to look
Need help? Click --> http://www.swtor.com/r/fWMbrH

Vigilark's Avatar


Vigilark
10.01.2017 , 09:29 AM | #6
i have all mine run around naked.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
10.02.2017 , 08:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vigilark View Post
i have all mine run around naked.
That might be interesting if they actually were "naked" but having them run around in their ugly grey underwear is not an especially good look.
There's actually armor you can get that looks more naked than the undies.
________________________________________________
A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.
Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.02.2017 , 03:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
That might be interesting if they actually were "naked" but having them run around in their ugly grey underwear is not an especially good look.
There's actually armor you can get that looks more naked than the undies.
If you don't want their smalls to be grey, get the "Basic Women's Underwear" or "Basic Men's Underwear" sets - they look the same as the "naked" smalls, but you can dye them.

And for maximum amusment, dye the female ones white/white on your favourite Rattataki character(1) or companion. It's visible when reasonably close, but at a distance you'll look pretty close to stark naked.

(1) Yes, of course I did this. Why do you ask?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Greennightlight's Avatar


Greennightlight
10.03.2017 , 11:39 AM | #9
It is a bit sad that companions nowadays are simply dress up dolls. I enjoy the variety of pulling a companion I wouldn't 'normally' have in my class into the field for a scrap. But honestly, all the hard work I did for HK-51, Treek, and others... seems of little gratification and enjoyment.
Since KOTET update ...perhaps a bit before that patch, when they made all comps able to take each combat role. Is when gear started to be useless other than for looks. A weapon in their hand is needed for the fight but simply that. As I stated earlier I enjoy the variety so I will put a color crystal in their various weapon to specialize them.. But other than that... Its all just dress up time!
For rewards try this referral! wise it is, to use! http://www.swtor.com/r/yfg972

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.04.2017 , 02:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Greennightlight View Post
Since KOTET update ...perhaps a bit before that patch, when they made all comps able to take each combat role. Is when gear started to be useless other than for looks. A weapon in their hand is needed for the fight but simply that. As I stated earlier I enjoy the variety so I will put a color crystal in their various weapon to specialize them.. But other than that... Its all just dress up time!
Actually, ever since the release of 4.0, KotFE. That's when it all happened.

But of course there's a small point that is often overlooked; the companions aren't 100% interchangeable. Leaving aside any questions of Force User versus non-Force User (since if those are an issue, there's a bug in play), there *is* a difference between how easy things are with ranged versus melee companions.

If a boss throws lots of close / PB AoE attacks, a ranged companion will tend to stay out of the effects.

If, on the other hand, the boss throws distant AoEs but not close up, a melee companion will avoid them.

That might or might not matter, but it's unwise to *just* dismiss it out of hand.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.