Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can anyone playing Dragon Age explain the Keep to me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Can anyone playing Dragon Age explain the Keep to me?

CloudCastle
09.16.2017 , 02:14 PM | #1
I know there are a lot of Dragon Age fans here and you guys have helped me in the past, so I was hoping to get some help again!

I finally have finished play throughs of DR-O and DR-II, and am trying to get my characters and their world states imported into the Keep. At first it told me "custom heroes are not available." After Googling that I figured out how to get my actual characters uploaded and recognized. So now they are there...one for each game, with their proper portraits and names.

But that's all I can do. When it comes to starting a world state, it forces to me pick a default one with a default name and portrait not chosen by me. After all the shenanigans I went through getting my chars recognized, why won't it let me use their portrait and names in my world state as well? How do you get this to work? Nothing I click on will allow me to link my world state to my custom hero.

CloudCastle
09.17.2017 , 08:32 AM | #2
After quite a few hours of scouring websites and playing around with the Keep, I have finally gotten it to work, all the way through to an import into Inquisition.

The Keep is rather difficult to navigate and many of the key features are hidden in odd places, but once I got it to work, it's quite cool. I was particularly impressed with the video that you can get to play at the end that retells your entire journey through the games, including all your major decisions. Seeing it all laid out like that really brought the story together.

So now I'm off to try some Inquisition!

ImmortalLowlife
09.18.2017 , 10:26 AM | #3
I'm glad you got it working. It's worth noting that you can have several "world saves" in the keep. So if you want to see how it'd factor into inquisition if you made different decisions in DA:O & DA2, you can without actually having to replay both games.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Lunafox
09.18.2017 , 01:05 PM | #4
I've never played DA, but have heard quite a bit about it. I'm wondering, is DA:I compatible with Windows 10? And if I was getting it, would the 'standard' version be enough? Would I get everything with the purchase, or do I have to pay any sub or membership to it?

Thanks for any insights.

ImmortalLowlife
09.18.2017 , 01:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I've never played DA, but have heard quite a bit about it. I'm wondering, is DA:I compatible with Windows 10? And if I was getting it, would the 'standard' version be enough? Would I get everything with the purchase, or do I have to pay any sub or membership to it?

Thanks for any insights.
It's a single player game, so there's no membership or monthly fee. I'd get the "legendary edition" (I think it's called) tho because it'll included all the DLC for the game. I'm not sure about win 10 compatible (although I'm pretty sure it is) as I play on my PS4

Lunafox
09.18.2017 , 02:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
It's a single player game, so there's no membership or monthly fee. I'd get the "legendary edition" (I think it's called) tho because it'll included all the DLC for the game. I'm not sure about win 10 compatible (although I'm pretty sure it is) as I play on my PS4
Thanks for the infos Immo. It looked good, giving it some thought because aside from struggling to decorate Manaan's basement and grind money there isn't much to do atm.

ImmortalLowlife
09.18.2017 , 04:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks for the infos Immo. It looked good, giving it some thought because aside from struggling to decorate Manaan's basement and grind money there isn't much to do atm.
You're welcome. I'd also strongly suggest you play DA:O & DA2 if you haven't played em before. The story will make a lot more sense if you do.

Some might consider the following spoilery (I don't say any super plot details tho) so I'll warn with... Slight Spoiler warning

Spoiler

Lunafox
09.19.2017 , 01:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
You're welcome. I'd also strongly suggest you play DA:O & DA2 if you haven't played em before. The story will make a lot more sense if you do.

Some might consider the following spoilery (I don't say any super plot details tho) so I'll warn with... Slight Spoiler warning

Spoiler
Thanks, wow, you really have a lot of good info there, that I will gladly take to heart. I guess just like reading a book series, it's always better to do it in order. I really appreciate the time you took to put all that together. Thanks again!

ImmortalLowlife
09.19.2017 , 01:16 PM | #9
You're welcome! Dragon age is one of my favorite game series.

CloudCastle
09.24.2017 , 04:26 PM | #10
I'm about 16 hours into Inquisition now and my male Qunari mage is at level 9. I'm enjoying the game so far, but I'm not sure where I'd place them all yet in order of favorites.

Origens - I found this game to be more "old school" in it's approach. I spent probably half the time playing and the other half googling things just to figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing. I like that you can be lots of different races and that there were so many different origen stories to choose from.

Dragon Age 2 - I enjoyed this one more than Origens. The story is more personal and my character had more personality, probably due to having a voice now. Origens was more like the Knight story, very big and encompassing, all about saving the world, while DA2 I would compare more to the agent story, as it was tighter and dealt more with the relationships of the your character and the people around them. I found the gameplay of DA2 to be much more natural and user friendly. Game mechanics were more intuitive and the combat was faster paced, more MMO like. (which I liked.)

I didn't bother with any of the DLC's for Origens except for the Stone prisoner, because that one happened to be free. But I bought Legacy for DA2 and would recommend it. I've been told that it plays an important role in setting up the story for Inquisition, and I think I can see where that's going.

Inquisition is the most MMO-like of the 3, with the open world, crafting, combat system etc. I bought a bundle that included all the DLC's. I'm trying to romance Cassandra right now, but I just made a decision she didn't like. <sigh> Wish me luck! Last time I flirted with her she got all twitterpated and rebuffed me, but I think she'll come around eventually. I mean, my Quanari guy is ridiculously handsome and charming, so who wouldn't want him?