Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel watchman build for PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sentinel watchman build for PVP

yellow_
09.20.2017 , 01:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The pro alacrity argument is because DoT's tick faster with higher alacrity ? No idea what that is or means... really.

Anyone ?
It's true that DoTs tick faster due to alacrity but the way this is often stated as if it's some secret bonus to the stat is completely misleading. A DoT ticking 10% faster with 10% alacrity is exactly analogous to an instant ability having its cooldown reduced by 10%. They're the same thing. DoTs ticking faster due to alacrity is just keeping the stat on par for the relevant specs.

If you look at the optimal dummy parsing stats it should be pretty clear there isn't a special link between alacrity and dot specs.

DavidAtkinson
09.21.2017 , 08:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
It's true that DoTs tick faster due to alacrity but the way this is often stated as if it's some secret bonus to the stat is completely misleading. A DoT ticking 10% faster with 10% alacrity is exactly analogous to an instant ability having its cooldown reduced by 10%. They're the same thing. DoTs ticking faster due to alacrity is just keeping the stat on par for the relevant specs.

If you look at the optimal dummy parsing stats it should be pretty clear there isn't a special link between alacrity and dot specs.
For testing sake I boosted my mastery power and accuracy to 105-107% range 0 alacrity and now my annihilate hits up to 28k.

Bottom line is that for marauder there isn't any secret formula to success. These stat combinations are all up to player preference and playstyle.

Eastiano
09.21.2017 , 12:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
For testing sake I boosted my mastery power and accuracy to 105-107% range 0 alacrity and now my annihilate hits up to 28k.

Bottom line is that for marauder there isn't any secret formula to success. These stat combinations are all up to player preference and playstyle.
Ofc! The alacrity will diminish those nice annihilate crits tho. Like I said, I get 30kish plus quite often and that's with around 7-9 % alac, crit about 42%, rest in power and accuracy a smidge under 105%