Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel watchman build for PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sentinel watchman build for PVP

JediMasterJav
09.15.2017 , 01:21 PM | #1
Hello everyone,
I have a question, the sentinel wacthman how much should have for critical, accuracy and alacrity for a good performance in PVP.
my status is currently:
Accuracy (110%) with bonus
Critical (40%) with bonus
alacrity (12.98%)

in PVP and in group of 8 almost always finishes among the first 4 that have greater number of dead, something similar I was going when I used combat, but the truth is that wacthman I like more, but what is your opinion? I would like to know

May the force be with you.

yellow_
09.15.2017 , 02:26 PM | #2
your crit is a bit low

accuracy and alacrity are debatable (the subsequent posts will probably get into that)

KevinQCowart
09.16.2017 , 05:28 AM | #3
It looks like you are min-maxed for PvE.

What I find functional and convenient is to also min-max for PvE with an accuracy stim on, but then actually use a mastery stim while doing PvP. This way you only need one gear set and never need to modify it.

Basically you only need 105% accuracy maximum in PvP and extra mastery/power is always useful.

Some people prefer high power/mastery builds for burst specs, and that works. But as a DoT spec lover myself I feel a high alacrity/crit works better, you get faster harder dots, and the rotation feel buttery.

Eastiano
09.18.2017 , 06:22 AM | #4
I've been using about 42% crit, between 7-9% alacrity, 105% accuracy which gives a good balance, have had some nice 25-30k merc slashes which is nice, in fact everything seems to hit nicely with that stat distribution whilst maintaining dot pressure.

I did try a full alacrity build at the cost of some power but you tend to hit like a wet noodle although it would help someone out who was just starting out and working out the kinks in the "rotation" "priority system"

DavidAtkinson
09.18.2017 , 01:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eastiano View Post
I've been using about 42% crit, between 7-9% alacrity, 105% accuracy which gives a good balance, have had some nice 25-30k merc slashes which is nice, in fact everything seems to hit nicely with that stat distribution whilst maintaining dot pressure.

I did try a full alacrity build at the cost of some power but you tend to hit like a wet noodle although it would help someone out who was just starting out and working out the kinks in the "rotation" "priority system"
The pro alacrity argument is because DoT's tick faster with higher alacrity ? No idea what that is or means... really.

Anyone ?

hallucigenocide
09.18.2017 , 02:49 PM | #6
means your damage over time abilities rolls faster = more hurt on your foes in less time.
in pvp burst is usually king so if you can get your damage out quicker the better chance you have at winning.

Eastiano
09.19.2017 , 01:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
means your damage over time abilities rolls faster = more hurt on your foes in less time.
in pvp burst is usually king so if you can get your damage out quicker the better chance you have at winning.
Yeap, but the gain in alacrity means loss in somewhere else which means ur dots will tick quicker but for less, also it's quite noticeable the missing crit or power on a merciless slash autocrit.

The main benefit of alacrity I find is the cd reduction, it makes the spec play quite differently imo and hi alac build is fun but not optimal for me.

DavidAtkinson
09.19.2017 , 10:04 AM | #8
Yeap, but the gain in alacrity means loss in somewhere else which means ur dots will tick quicker but for less, also it's quite noticeable the missing crit or power on a merciless slash autocrit.

The main benefit of alacrity I find is the cd reduction, it makes the spec play quite differently imo and hi alac build is fun but not optimal for me.
A very big portion of top ranked players use moderate to high ammounts of alacrity....

Yes you lose something but sometimes I think it's not that relevant. Hitting faster in PVP is very important as things happen very quickly especially in 4v4 arena.

There must be something to alacrity with alacrity otherwise top rated players wouldn't use it.

I am talking about maras here...

Eastiano
09.20.2017 , 02:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
A very big portion of top ranked players use moderate to high ammounts of alacrity....

Yes you lose something but sometimes I think it's not that relevant. Hitting faster in PVP is very important as things happen very quickly especially in 4v4 arena.

There must be something to alacrity with alacrity otherwise top rated players wouldn't use it.

I am talking about maras here...
Pretty sure that the top maras won't run alacrity any higher than 9% what I use, please feel free to chime in if ur a top mara and you do ofc anyone.
Also most top rated maras will be running smash so that makes alacrity less relevant, damn sure I won't play anni in solo ranked, team ranked is a different story and regs, well you can play what ya want and still do ok

DavidAtkinson
09.20.2017 , 09:20 AM | #10
Pretty sure that the top maras won't run alacrity any higher than 9% what I use, please feel free to chime in if ur a top mara and you do ofc anyone.
Also most top rated maras will be running smash so that makes alacrity less relevant, damn sure I won't play anni in solo ranked, team ranked is a different story and regs, well you can play what ya want and still do ok
Why not Anni in solo ranked ? It works if played properly.

I am running between 10-13% alacrity on annihilation.

I wonder if interceptor utility is worth it for arenas...