Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

(Story Suggestion) Arcann, Nathema & Vaylin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
(Story Suggestion) Arcann, Nathema & Vaylin

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
09.16.2017 , 05:29 AM | #11
Just took a character through Chapter 7 of KOTET again, I was hoping to get the mail from X about going back to Nathema, but didn't. (I think it's from Hylo Visz) - If anyone gets the mail, could you screenshot it so I could reference it in the OP.

As for a Nathema daily area - there's quite a bit in the mission that could be used for daily missions.

Exploring the remains of Nathema / Medriaas.
Fighting Jarak's surviving beast.
Defeat any remaining Eternal Empire forces.
Defeat any Sanitarium survivors.
Recover records on the Jedi & Sith tortured on Nathema.
Rescue Vaylin's wooden toys.
Raid Valkorians Vault for other ancient artifacts.
Taking scans of the deadly green stuff.

Blackvinils's Avatar


Blackvinils
09.16.2017 , 06:19 AM | #12
Could be as an activator of the quest to use the bed in the room of the Commander on Odessen and then starting of cut-scene with the nightmares.. But in order for this mission became available , it would be necessary to complete KOTET, (because on Iokath and Umbara, Arcann not involved)
What about Senya? If she was still alive at the end, then maybe it also would help if Vaylin return to the body? It was not clear that the daughter was angry at mother during the scene with Valkorion, in the mind of the Outlander, although most likely between them could also be an emotional scene. Paul, what do you think about this?

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
09.16.2017 , 07:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackvinils View Post
Could be as an activator of the quest to use the bed in the room of the Commander on Odessen and then starting of cut-scene with the nightmares.. But in order for this mission became available , it would be necessary to complete KOTET, (because on Iokath and Umbara, Arcann not involved)
What about Senya? If she was still alive at the end, then maybe it also would help if Vaylin return to the body? It was not clear that the daughter was angry at mother during the scene with Valkorion, in the mind of the Outlander, although most likely between them could also be an emotional scene. Paul, what do you think about this?

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin
Timeline: Yeah, this would be set after the events of KOTET. I suppose you could set it after Iokath & Umbara, the faction choice would be minimal at best, and Theron wouldn't be required - so he can do his secret spy stuff while this is occurring.

Faction Choice: As I said, if this were focused on Arcann, the Exarch & Vaylin, I don't think the choice would matter. I suppose your 'ally' might hear of the attack and send you support? you could have ships from either the Sith Empire or Republic join the Outlander during the approach & Battle of Nathema.

I suppose you could have a glimpse of Major Quinn or Captain Dorna standing on the bridge of the ship your on while you talk to Arcann or Lana.

Senya: Hmm...

Vaylin didn't seem to notice Senya at all during either versions of the fight, she'll argue with the Outlander briefly about killing Senya, (Link) then side with them against Valkorian. (Note: I don't know what happens if you pick the [Lie] option in that conversation)

Dark Side - (KOTET DS - Chapter 1)She dies and from what I could tell, her spirit/essence isn't absorbed by the Outlander or Valkorian, so I have no idea why she appears in the final chapter(Link). I suppose our character's mind could have brought her in to confuse Valkorian, neither Arcann or Vaylin seem to take notice of her. (Nor do they take notice on the LS version either - I don't know)

Light Side - If she comes I suppose there could be a dramatic scene where one of the options could be for her to sacrifices her own life in order to save her daughter from Nathema?

Or if she doesn't go, staying on Odessen instead, maybe Vaylin would just look at her before walking off with the Outlander or Arcann?

Or are you after something like that?

Blackvinils's Avatar


Blackvinils
09.16.2017 , 09:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Senya: Hmm...

Vaylin didn't seem to notice Senya at all during either versions of the fight, she'll argue with the Outlander briefly about killing Senya, (Link) then side with them against Valkorian. (Note: I don't know what happens if you pick the [Lie] option in that conversation)

Dark Side - (KOTET DS - Chapter 1)She dies and from what I could tell, her spirit/essence isn't absorbed by the Outlander or Valkorian, so I have no idea why she appears in the final chapter(Link). I suppose our character's mind could have brought her in to confuse Valkorian, neither Arcann or Vaylin seem to take notice of her. (Nor do they take notice on the LS version either - I don't know)

Light Side - If she comes I suppose there could be a dramatic scene where one of the options could be for her to sacrifices her own life in order to save her daughter from Nathema?

Or if she doesn't go, staying on Odessen instead, maybe Vaylin would just look at her before walking off with the Outlander or Arcann?

Or are you after something like that?

Well, I don't think that if Senya is alive, there will be a "family hug" the three of them, but Vaylin will not be so obsessed with the desire to kill mother, perhaps her opinion of mother, you will know, during a conversation with her. Maybe it will be 1 of 3 options of dialogue about the mention of mother:

1 - If Senya is dead (killed at the beginning of the KOTET)
2 - If Senya sacrificed or greatly assisted
3 - If Senya was not involved in the actions associated with the return Vaylin to life

One more thing. Vaylin will be displayed on the Base of the Alliance or would like Malavai or Elara - with using the call? I think rather the second option

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
09.16.2017 , 09:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackvinils View Post
Well, I don't think that if Senya is alive, there will be a "family hug" the three of them, but Vaylin will not be so obsessed with the desire to kill mother, perhaps her opinion of mother, you will know, during a conversation with her. Maybe it will be 1 of 3 options of dialogue about the mention of mother:

1 - If Senya is dead (killed at the beginning of the KOTET)
2 - If Senya sacrificed or greatly assisted
3 - If Senya was not involved in the actions associated with the return Vaylin to life

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin
If Senya sacrifices herself so Vaylin can live, that could pause her for thought, if only briefly. Might even create friction between her and Arcann.

Blackvinils's Avatar


Blackvinils
09.16.2017 , 09:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
If Senya sacrifices herself so Vaylin can live, that could pause her for thought, if only briefly. Might even create friction between her and Arcann.
At least Vaylin can be "Redeemed" from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Evil :

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

fishpeople's Avatar


fishpeople
09.16.2017 , 10:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackvinils View Post
At least Vaylin can be "Redeemed" from Chaotic Evil to Lawful Evil :

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin
But at a high price.

Are we still using the Gravestone? Or has that ship become obsolete now?

Blackvinils's Avatar


Blackvinils
09.16.2017 , 10:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by fishpeople View Post
But at a high price.

Are we still using the Gravestone? Or has that ship become obsolete now?
Let every man decides to pay him that price or not

About the Gravestone - I don't know, maybe he still will.


#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

Paulsutherland's Avatar


Paulsutherland
09.16.2017 , 11:01 AM | #19
As we're the Emperor/Empress/Leader of the Eternal Alliance, maybe it's time for an upgrade? Zakuul Dreadnought? Arcann had one. Vaylin had two.

Then if we follow the theme on new maps becoming strongholds ... Zakuul Dreadnought Stronghold please

Blackvinils's Avatar


Blackvinils
09.16.2017 , 12:00 PM | #20
With regard to the abduction Vaylin''s body and Holocron - on Nathema, Exarch was going through manipulation of the Force and Holocron, to resurrect Vaylin and make it into a kind of puppet? Or Exarch wanted to absorb her spirit to gain her power?

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin