Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is what you get when queue in ranekd

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is what you get when queue in ranekd

Coloneli
09.16.2017 , 11:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
The "teams" are too busy farming PuGs in solo.

As long as solo is in the game there will never be a viable, respected, ranked community.
It's because the meta is literaly the same as previous season. There's nothing new to encounter.

Totemdancer
09.16.2017 , 08:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
The "teams" are too busy farming PuGs in solo.

As long as solo is in the game there will never be a viable, respected, ranked community.
It's an easy fix. Remove the name Ranked from solo queue and rename it arena, then take arena's out of the normal reg queue.
That leaves team ranked the only version of ranked in the game, the way it should be.

Foambreaker
09.17.2017 , 10:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
It's an easy fix. Remove the name Ranked from solo queue and rename it arena, then take arena's out of the normal reg queue.
That leaves team ranked the only version of ranked in the game, the way it should be.
This!!

Fixes afkers in ranked? Yup, teams will just kick an afker
Fixes deserters in ranked? Yup, see above
Fixes premades farming pugs? Yup, all participants are on a team
Increases participation in group ranked? Yup, no more solo farce, if your ranked you group
Restores respect for ranked? Yup, wins have to be earned

Foambreaker
09.17.2017 , 10:30 AM | #14
Another thing they should do is add losses and desertions to the display in game and on the LB.

A high rank with 10x the desertions as the wins will earn no cred.

Lundorff
09.17.2017 , 12:32 PM | #15
Well SR is a completely random clusterfork, and getting high rankings can only happen with either a bit of skill and a lot of luck or simply cheating. You can be the best player in your class, but you if you are constantly grouped with average or bad players you are still going to lose. It is especially obvious when you run into people who proudly display their season 8 gold badge, and yet they die just as fast as the rest or us.

The only thing you can really affect is playing a merc.

DavidAtkinson
09.17.2017 , 01:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Well SR is a completely random clusterfork, and getting high rankings can only happen with either a bit of skill and a lot of luck or simply cheating. You can be the best player in your class, but you if you are constantly grouped with average or bad players you are still going to lose. It is especially obvious when you run into people who proudly display their season 8 gold badge, and yet they die just as fast as the rest or us.

The only thing you can really affect is playing a merc.
If you're bad... not even a merc will get you rating because sooner or later peopel will realize that you are easy kill and they will always focus you first.

However, you can get away in lots of cases because it's not very likely they will focus you if you're a merc(even a bad one).

EneaBlack
09.17.2017 , 02:20 PM | #17
Hello guys, here another guy, he come in ranked with no equip and what he say when i ask him why:
https://i.imgur.com/XGPiD2q.png

Bioware i will continue to post here because is ranked is really full of this people and you MUST DO SOMENTHING

DavidAtkinson
09.17.2017 , 02:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EneaBlack View Post
Hello guys, here another guy, he come in ranked with no equip and what he say when i ask him why:
https://i.imgur.com/XGPiD2q.png

Bioware i will continue to post here because is ranked is really full of this people and you MUST DO SOMENTHING
I play on red eclispe too and know that sorc. He isn't as bad as you think. He can kite quite well.

His gear sucks though. Actually lost vs him today. Our team was garbage and we couldn't kill him. I was garbage too in that match by getting myself killed while I was chasing him.

You can't deny that he might be right. Ranked is random lottery.. no point stressing about it.

Lundorff
09.17.2017 , 02:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
If you're bad... not even a merc will get you rating because sooner or later people will realize that you are easy kill and they will always focus you first.

However, you can get away in lots of cases because it's not very likely they will focus you if you're a merc(even a bad one).
True yes, but of all todays matches there was only 1 merc that was bad enough to justify being targeted first. My point is, that if you generally speaking are an "okay" player, you will be more valuable as a merc than any other class.

merovejec
09.18.2017 , 03:08 AM | #20
I would like to put in a word here, last week we got a Sorc 2x times in our group, he had blue and green gear. Ofc he was focused, globalled and we lost 2x. I whispered him about gearing up first and then queing ranked and I got a surprising answer: How do I gear up?

I have spent over 2 hours getting him to the gear vendors, he bought token 230 stuff, one 236 Mainhand, i gave him some credits, explained augments even bought his favourite black-red crystal for 5 mil so in the end he was simply a new player who had no idea what to do. So cant talk trash about all such players who go into ranked, not realizing what it is.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040