Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm pissed(a little "feedback" for Bioware and EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
I'm pissed(a little "feedback" for Bioware and EA)

Xargas's Avatar


Xargas
09.14.2017 , 11:19 AM | #1
I was playing this game knowing that fps in warzones is terrible. But I had an additional income coming in, so I waited till I can buy a new CPU, since MMOs are CPU intensive and I thought it would help. So I bought a new CPU today, installed it and entered a warzone, and FPS WAS STILL TERRIBLE. C'mon company dudes, the game is awesome but I have to leave it in favor of better coded MMOs that don't lag because all you do is advance the story. How about to put a little love in the performance of the game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw what a sucky sucky FPS you have here and left the game, EA and Bioware make excellent games and how you can't handle this single project eludes me. Just wanted to put my two cents into what's wrong with the game. I hope you will fix it, but until then..... Bye Bye

EDIT: Thanks to all who wants to help, but I came to conclusion that it's useless, I did all the tweaking, searched the forums and all that but nothing helped. Here are my specs:

AMD FX 8350 Eight Core Processor
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
8GB DDR3 RAM

I think it's enough to see that my rig is not a problem, I play ESO on high settings without so much as a hick up, if I was the only one pointing out the problem I would think maybe it is me, but posts like mine are all over the internet.

EDIT2: my bad Bioware and EA, my apologies, after installing new CPU from 4 core to 8 core I didn't reinstall my Windows, it was using only 4 cores, now it's all fine. Problem solved Though performance still could use a touch.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.14.2017 , 11:26 AM | #2
How much RAM do you have and what type of video card? These are the two biggest factors after CPU.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Soltriss's Avatar


Soltriss
09.14.2017 , 11:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How much RAM do you have and what type of video card? These are the two biggest factors after CPU.
Seriously, if you're still on old DDR3 with 8 GB, like I am, it doesn't matter what CPU you have. Also, HDD speed? Unless, of course, you have an SSD.

That said, SWTOR is very poorly optimized, and the engine they used for it needs to die a horrible, painful death, but...

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
09.14.2017 , 11:45 AM | #4
If you press all the buttons really fast, the fps don't matter.

Especially if you rolled a merc

Vember's Avatar


Vember
09.14.2017 , 11:53 AM | #5
I have a two year old pc and warzones are smooth as silk for me

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
09.14.2017 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
I have a two year old pc and warzones are smooth as silk for me
Six, and still smooth. It reminds me of all of the posts about the Makeb Arena causing issues and yet I had none. I think the first thing to be looking at is the internet connection perhaps? Who knows, it's all a complete mystery without proper information being provided.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
09.14.2017 , 12:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
If you press all the buttons really fast, the fps don't matter.

Especially if you rolled a merc
Giggle worthy. Well played Foambreaker.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
09.14.2017 , 12:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
I was playing this game knowing that fps in warzones is terrible. But I had an additional income coming in, so I waited till I can buy a new CPU, since MMOs are CPU intensive and I thought it would help. So I bought a new CPU today, installed it and entered a warzone, and FPS WAS STILL TERRIBLE. C'mon company dudes, the game is awesome but I have to leave it in favor of better coded MMOs that don't lag because all you do is advance the story. How about to put a little love in the performance of the game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw what a sucky sucky FPS you have here and left the game, EA and Bioware make excellent games and how you can't handle this single project eludes me. Just wanted to put my two cents into what's wrong with the game. I hope you will fix it, but until then..... Bye Bye
Sorry, but just replacing a processor in an older PC is NOT the solution. It may or may not help.. totally depends on all the other components as well as drivers on your PC.

And if you cannot be bothered to give us all your other key system specs... not really anything any of us can do to assist you.

But I get it.... you don't want assistance, you want a magic cookie from the studio that when you eat it and clack your heels together all your performance issues are magically solved.

By the way... I'm playing the game here on a 3 year old PC that has never been upgraded........ no performance issues at all. But if I did see some performance issues, you can rest assured I would do some troubleshooting and consult with others over on the EA support forum for this game... NOT come spam the forum with a rant+byebye.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.14.2017 , 12:34 PM | #9
It depends on more than cpu though this game does have known engine and location issues. My desktop at home is going on 4 years old and has no problems with swtor. My laptop that I got earlier this year sometimes buggers out in wz/ops like you were describing. I accredit the difference to internet issues because at home I'm always on a desktop. If I'm using the laptop I'm probably also trying to play using hotel Wi-Fi or my phone Wi-Fi hotspot.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.14.2017 , 12:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
But I get it.... you don't want assistance, you want a magic cookie from the studio that when you eat it and clack your heels together all your performance issues are magically solved.
Why do you feel the need to bully anyone who posts an issue? He NEVER asked for this. He's a paying customer who's simply frustrated that what he did, didn't help...who are you to bully him exactly?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)