Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sorc sucks ***

Johrun
09.10.2017 , 01:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CoolKillaZilla View Post
well I mean I get the fact that kiting and dots can negate those disadvantages but when you get focused its just a squishy class
In all honesty, despite some sorcerers being great at kiting and using los it's easy to wipe them especially with stuns and several consecutive electro nets (merc bros teams aren't rarity).

RevorteX
09.11.2017 , 02:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Johrun View Post
In all honesty, despite some sorcerers being great at kiting and using los it's easy to wipe them especially with stuns and several consecutive electro nets (merc bros teams aren't rarity).
Agreed mate.
Sorc is easily melted 1vs1 no matter how good you are at kiting,if the player directly at you is good with his char,your hp will be melted down fast. So stop with all those - SORC IS FINE. - YEAH Dps is fine indeed,I have no problem with that,but defences are pure laughter. It needs a defensive buff alone, this has been chewed since 5.0 was introduced.
Same as Powertechs,Sorcs need defences. Those 2 classes are melted down 1vs1.

Lundorff
09.11.2017 , 02:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RevorteX View Post
It needs a defensive buff alone,
They really don't.... especially not madness. In fact it's DPS that needs a buff on both specs. This is very obvious for anyone that plays ranked with or against sorcerers. With the right utilities they can kite and survive much better than juggernaut, pt and even sniper. But they lack the damage to be a real treat, and that is why many dps sorcerers are now playing support and doing more healing than damage. Again this is all ranked.

KevinQCowart
09.11.2017 , 04:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RevorteX View Post
Agreed mate.
Sorc is easily melted 1vs1 no matter how good you are at kiting,if the player directly at you is good with his char,your hp will be melted down fast. So stop with all those - SORC IS FINE. - YEAH Dps is fine indeed,I have no problem with that,but defences are pure laughter. It needs a defensive buff alone, this has been chewed since 5.0 was introduced.
Same as Powertechs,Sorcs need defences. Those 2 classes are melted down 1vs1.
The class imbalances and overall TTK would benefit from higher health pools. I honestly think that the tuning for damage-to-health ratio in 5.0 is out of whack.

1. Lower DCDs a bit
2. Lower Mobility a bit
3. Increase the trama debuff a bit
4. Increase the coefficient for endurance to HP

This would raise the base TTK but stop defenses and heals from making combat deadlock. Smoothing everything out with HP would dilute class imbalances.

Thaladan
09.11.2017 , 09:04 AM | #15
in the beginning of the game, bubble was the center of ourdefense, and all was around.

now, bubble is ridiculous and all defensive utilities around bubble are now useless as ever (except stun bubble for heal).

bioware needs to fix it.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Hoppinswtor
09.28.2017 , 01:08 AM | #16
In 5.0, Sorc (and PT) are the kind of classes you play if you want to mess around in 8v8 warzones while laughing and having a good time with friends. I don't recommend playing them in 4's because their survivability is active rather than passive, and most of the other classes can maintain a ton of DPS while surviving.

OP, I have been recording some matches (against mostly bads, but that goes for both teams) if you want some ideas. It's not me in my prime (on the contrary, I barely play and am super rusty these days due to the lack of competition) but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTIDhR2XlTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkEc9o3snDw

In 1v1's they've fallen quite far since 4.0; you'll lose against operatives, mercenaries, and fury marauders in particular, but you stand a decent chance against most other specs if you execute well.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator/Cutest Mercenary (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Fellow-Canadian
09.28.2017 , 11:14 AM | #17
I'm not sure what reality some people are playing in, but sorcs are pretty frail and the damage they put out isn't high enough to justify their squishiness. Even if you execute perfectly, you can still get rekt by someone on another class who isn't as good as you.

It's a fun class to mess about in regs, but anyone who plays this class and others at a high level can tell it's nowhere near as competitive as it needs to be.
The Vale Legacy - The Harbinger
Exterminatos <(VG/PT)> Pycophants - Kanadaii <(SM/OP)> StabbyMcRoll
Broadsideofbarn <(CM/MC)> Beatanorexia
Tamahai <(SA/SO)> Psycophant

Wimbleton
09.28.2017 , 11:35 AM | #18
Lightning sorcs need the CL bug fixed, then some more damage shifted into their Thundering blast so they have a big crit item (same DPS is fine, just move some dmg from the rotation into TB).

Madness needs death field back to 8m, max targets at 4.

I think they both need some kind of defensive mechanic that builds stacks as they use their main fillers (Lightning Bolt, Force Lightning) and which increases dodge chance or something when activated but is off the GCD (skill shot defensive ability).

Thats about it, IMO.

merovejec
09.29.2017 , 01:23 AM | #19
If Sorcs suck why does one have 3000 rating which is more than any player on any class atm?
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Hoppinswtor
09.29.2017 , 03:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
If Sorcs suck why does one have 3000 rating which is more than any player on any class atm?
sorc heals
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator/Cutest Mercenary (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)