Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers.. ***

Foambreaker
09.06.2017 , 09:46 AM | #11
Someone got butt hurt roflstomped

yellow_
09.06.2017 , 11:57 AM | #12
I'm not going defend the current state of snipers (defensive safeguards obviously needs to be nerfed, suppressive fire does way too much damage, and engineering has a laundry list of issues) but as some others have pointed out snipers were glass cannons for a large part of the history of this game. Even in 4.0 when they got their CD reset they were not especially difficult to kill.

Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
Snipers got a significant nerf to 2 of the 3 specs very recently, marksman is performing pretty badly, and you want to nerf the defensives now, too?

Reaaaaaaly?
You know this is the PVP board, right? How much the sniper specs parse for has/had virtually nothing to do with how strong they are in PVP.

Liquor
09.06.2017 , 07:29 PM | #13
snipers die when you know how to defeat them. so L2P
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Mff Kilran - Slas - Harkn
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

Vember
09.07.2017 , 08:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
snipers die when you know how to defeat them. so L2P
Translation: Roll another sniper or a mercenary

NikSunrider
09.07.2017 , 08:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
Translation: Roll another sniper or a mercenary
Translated translation: use a skill calculator or read a sniper guide to learn what each of their abilities does, understand how you can counter these abilities, stop trying to hit a sniper through Diversion, especially if you are a Marauder reroll, and you're good.

You'd be surprised how fast you can kill a sniper with a Madness sorc and a little bit of LOS, or even a Pyro PT.
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemess> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link Info

Vember
09.08.2017 , 08:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
Translated translation: use a skill calculator or read a sniper guide to learn what each of their abilities does, understand how you can counter these abilities, stop trying to hit a sniper through Diversion, especially if you are a Marauder reroll, and you're good.

You'd be surprised how fast you can kill a sniper with a Madness sorc and a little bit of LOS, or even a Pyro PT.
Pyro PT stands zero chance against a sniper, unless the sniper is completely clueless. I will concede, however, that madness sorc can take down snipers fairly well.

MackPol
09.08.2017 , 08:30 AM | #17
Please teach me how to kill sniper with PT or sorc. Engi sniper.

Glower
09.08.2017 , 08:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Attack them while they are busy with someone else!
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Thaladan
09.08.2017 , 10:14 AM | #19
engi sniper is the easiest spec to face for a PT..because you have close and personal / hydraulic / damage reduction wjile stun, which reduce drastically the engi tricks.

if he doesn't have OP dome available, you have your chance.

MM however...
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Vember
09.08.2017 , 10:24 AM | #20
Madness sorc making liberal use of LoS can take down a sniper through attrition, but that's just not possible for a PT because of the melee range requirement and lack of self healing/defensives.