Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Help

BenitsubasaChiyo
09.09.2017 , 03:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinsal View Post
Congrats you joined the ranks of the skill less baddies that need a class to carry them...
What if he simply likes the class? God forbid that he does!
Blasting reds since early access
The Red Eclipse

Aeneas_Falco
09.09.2017 , 04:10 PM | #12
Congrats you joined the ranks of the skill less baddies that need a class to carry them...
Congrats you joined the ranks of the toxic jerks who give PVPers a bad name.

Maybe he just likes the gameplay class? There are also plenty of people who've been playing Mercs for years. A FOTM player is one who jumps from spec to spec with each PVP update, always playing the one that benefits most from classes changes, not necessarily one who just happens to be on a FOTM class. Besides players that have been on FOTM classes long before they became a FOTM class, there are some who take a spec that benefits from from an update and end up sticking with it long after another inevitable round of balancing puts other specs on top of the dogpile. That's not FOTM either.

FOTM classes are also probably the best starting point for new players just getting their feet wet in PVP, unless they really prefer another spec's gameplay. Why choose one that's harder to play as a starting point? That seems counter productive. When you're first learning to swim you don't jump into the deep end of the pool. Start with FOTM and move on to a more challenging class once you get the basics down and are ready to move on to an alt.

Kinsal
09.09.2017 , 09:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Congrats you joined the ranks of the toxic jerks who give PVPers a bad name.

Maybe he just likes the gameplay class? There are also plenty of people who've been playing Mercs for years. A FOTM player is one who jumps from spec to spec with each PVP update, always playing the one that benefits most from classes changes, not necessarily one who just happens to be on a FOTM class. Besides players that have been on FOTM classes long before they became a FOTM class, there are some who take a spec that benefits from from an update and end up sticking with it long after another inevitable round of balancing puts other specs on top of the dogpile. That's not FOTM either.

FOTM classes are also probably the best starting point for new players just getting their feet wet in PVP, unless they really prefer another spec's gameplay. Why choose one that's harder to play as a starting point? That seems counter productive. When you're first learning to swim you don't jump into the deep end of the pool. Start with FOTM and move on to a more challenging class once you get the basics down and are ready to move on to an alt.
Thanks for making my point for me.

Aeneas_Falco
09.09.2017 , 11:28 PM | #14
Thanks for making my point for me.
You didn't make one.

doohickeyexpress
09.11.2017 , 08:40 AM | #15
Hey man, hate on me all you want! It doesn't affect me. Like everyone else said, I enjoy being a dual-pistol wielding dude.
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz