Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Event Invitation] Join The Iokath Conquest Alliance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Red Eclipse
[Event Invitation] Join The Iokath Conquest Alliance

UlaVii
09.03.2017 , 05:09 PM | #1
The first time Iokath arrived was a big surprise which resulted in all our guilds going head to head as we had no time to prepare anything more appropriate. Plunder of Iokath is a unique conquest week as there is only a single planet to conquer and whilst my guild Stroke my Wookie won it with relative ease last time we have chosen to make this event more accessible to everyone by creating two new guilds specifically for the Iokath conquest:

Imperial Iokath Conquest ~ Republic Iokath Conquest

We know there are plenty of people that prefer to fight for their faction so we have created a guild on each side to battle it out in true Imp vs Rep fashion. The fate of either guild depends entirely on you!

Important Edit: Based on first day & night scores the alliance guilds have decided to move all our focus to the Imperial Iokath Alliance. We ask that each of you also moves your focus there so our points are all pooled in one guild. You can read more about this here.

Schedule
  • Tuesday 5th September - Guild invites begin
  • Tuesday 12th September - Plunder of Iokath begins
  • Monday 18th September - Plunder of Iokath ends

Rules of the game
  • Each character must earn at least 50,000 points
  • No guild recruitment or other forms of spam in guild chat
  • People that troll or spoil the game for other players will be kicked

Alliance Guilds
There is one Iokath alliance guild on each faction: Imperial Iokath Conquest & Republic Iokath Conquest. Players from across the server are moving characters into one or both of these two guilds so everybody can work together towards victory.

These are the guilds that are helping run the two alliance guilds:

• Imp: Stroke my Wookie
  • Rep: The Angels
  • Imp: Pensaquito
  • Rep: The Jedi Order
  • Imp: Backped Theory
  • Rep: Feccia Ribelle
  • Rep: Royal Panda Society
  • Rep: Dauntless
  • Imp: Reincarnated
  • Rep: The Wookiees
  • Rep: La Croisťe
  • Imp: Laugh It Up Fuzzball
  • Rep: Red Hoth Chilly Peppers
  • Imp: Myst
  • Your guild?

How to join in
I will be contacting several guild leaders to offer them and their guild members the opportunity to temporarily join the alliance guilds with alts for the Iokath week and I will be advertising the event in both fleet's chat channels to give everyone else the chance to get invited. Alternatively you can search the Who panel for "Conquest" and ask one of the following characters to invite you:

Imperial
  • Argandan
  • Atri'ss
  • Blueberry Chisscake
  • Celaen‚
  • Creme Brule
  • Dharvis
  • FranÁoise Arnoul
  • Go'ryl
  • Jenna-zan
  • Korinar
  • Ladywise
  • MazŪkeen
  • Moilra
  • Nortic
  • Ra'maya
  • Spyweb
  • Theo'sjugs
  • Touchmypvpness
  • Wade Wilson
  • Yajur
  • YaŽl

Republic
  • Accipiter Brevipes
  • Alliase
  • ArgaŽl
  • ∆on flux
  • Briego
  • Cur'ie
  • Eadini
  • Flash'back
  • High Lander
  • Ladywisdom
  • Lemon Meringue
  • MeilŠn
  • Mia's-ham'ham
  • Miissbrix
  • Ragiista
  • Sabass
  • Sandman Dreams
  • Shakrj
  • Syvo

What can your guild do to help?
Guild leaders and officers can join the Iokath Alliance by moving a character into either or both guilds which they can use to invite their guild members, organise group activities and handle player moderation.

Contact me in-game on Ula Vii (Imp), Nortic (Imp) or High Lander (Rep) if your guild wants to join the alliance.

350 Million Credits In Prizes!
Everyone loves prizes so we'll be giving away 200 million credits to the top 30 conquest point scorers in the highest scoring guild as detailed below and a further 150 million to the top 30 in the other guild:

First Guild - 200 Million Credits
  • 1st: 30 Million Credits
  • 2nd: 20 Million Credits
  • 3rd: 20 Million Credits
  • 4th: 15 Million Credits
  • 5th: 10 Million Credits
  • 6th: 8 Million Credits
  • 7th: 7 Million Credits
  • 8th: 7 Million Credits
  • 9th: 7 Million Credits
  • 10th: 6 Million Credits
  • 11th-20th: 5 Million Credits Each
  • 21st-30th: 2 Million Credits Each

Second Guild - 150 Million Credits
  • 1st: 20 Million Credits
  • 2nd: 15 Million Credits
  • 3rd: 15 Million Credits
  • 4th: 10 Million Credits
  • 5th: 7 Million Credits
  • 6th: 6 Million Credits
  • 7th: 6 Million Credits
  • 8th: 6 Million Credits
  • 9th: 5 Million Credits
  • 10th: 5 Million Credits
  • 11th-20th: 4 Million Credits Each
  • 21st-30th: 1.5 Million Credits Each

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there any voice comms we can use to coordinate groups?
There sure is! We've created a Discord server just for this purpose: https://discord.gg/2NEaP7g

Can I have a character in both the Imperial & Republic guilds?
Yes.

Is it all crafting?
Crafting War Supplies is definitely the big point earner but there are plenty of other bonuses you can group up for. It is up to each of you to decide the best way to earn your points. Myself and several of my officers will be crafting over a million points each on the characters we bring in and we are sticking to the one character rule.

The weekly is 20k so why do you say 50k?
This ensures each guild generates at least 50 million points which is a good head start.

Do we have access to group summons?
Yes, it is set to 3 summons per character.

As a guild leader/officer; what does player moderation entail?
Invite any of your guild members or people that /w to join. Once they are in-guild all you have to do is right click them and choose Guild->Set As Primary. Try to settle any disputes and if you see anybody trolling then do your best to get them to stop. If they refuse then contact me in-game via /w or mail and I will kick them.

Magira
09.05.2017 , 06:52 AM | #2
Are you the guild that stomps PUGs with premades in the GSF over and over again? I hate you^^
But I'm one of the co leaders of my guild, and we're discussing this right now.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

UlaVii
09.05.2017 , 07:51 AM | #3
Not that I am aware of. I always fly solo. The ace pilots that group up are from several guilds and use the GSF chat channel to find teams. I know there was a certain troll that enjoys mouthing off about my guild spoiling GSF with premades but his claims were baseless as anyone that could use the Who panel saw for themselves. He's just sour because we keep kicking him out when he tries to sneak back into our guild.

Magira
09.05.2017 , 10:48 AM | #4
Thank you for your wonderful answer.

and btw: It's totally ok to fly with a Premade if you act fair and like a gentleman. It's not okay to take the fun out of playing. We are very few GSF pilots and we have to do everything we can to make sure that more people enjoy it.

And now I'll talk to my guild members and try to convince them to join the alliance.

Magira
09.05.2017 , 11:10 AM | #5
A Question: You expect each guild to make 50 million. Is that a misunderstanding? The only guild that can do it is yourselves.

UlaVii
09.05.2017 , 03:07 PM | #6
Each guild can hold 1000 characters and each character is expected to earn at least 50k conquest points.

1000 x 50 = 50 million

That really depends on how full the guilds get. Ideally I want to see 1000 unique accounts but the reality is that we'll probably have some room to allow people to have more than one character but we will wait a few days to see about that.

I have updated the main post Alliance Guilds section as it was causing a bit of confusion for some people who thought they had to join 5+ guilds

Alliance Guilds
There is one Iokath alliance guild on each faction: Imperial Iokath Conquest & Republic Iokath Conquest. Players from across the server are moving characters into one or both of these two guilds so everybody can work together towards victory.

These are the guilds that are helping run the two alliance guilds:

• Imp: Stroke my Wookie
  • Rep: The Angels
  • Imp: Pensaquito
  • Rep: The Jedi Order
  • Imp: Backped Theory
  • Your guild?

Magira
09.06.2017 , 02:50 AM | #7
First things first.

We are a democratic guild. Our guild Duchess is chosen by the people themselves. In this respect, we have no top-down command structure. (and we are very proud of it!). We need to discuss this with everyone, and it takes some time.

We're about to summarize a few questions about the alliance.

Magira
09.06.2017 , 12:39 PM | #8
So now,

our members have trouble leaving our guild. If it is only for the event itself it would be ok, but afterwards they want to go back to us wookies.
So it would be important for us to highlight that it is only temporary for the event itself.

It's not like in Guild Wars 2, where you can be in 5 guilds at the same time.

UlaVii
09.06.2017 , 01:26 PM | #9
That is fine, this is only a short time event for the Iokath conquest week. We will be doing a full guild purge 1 week after Iokath ends anyhow. That gives people enough time to login and claim their achievement+title (if the alliance wins) and means we don't have to keep an eye on people for weeks and weeks afterwards. We just opened invites 1 week early so people could have their character in guild and ready to go from day 1 of the Iokath week.

Magira
09.06.2017 , 03:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
(if the alliance wins)
You guys always win, even without us. I think it's good that you share this with other guilds. Thanks for that. And I'm almost 100% sure that we're going to join in, as we just talked about it again in the chat and all of us want to do this.

And btw: sorry for my bad english, I use the https://www.deepl.com/translator. We have enough people who speak English better, but they are not here in the forum.