Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will there be more class balancing? What do you expect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Will there be more class balancing? What do you expect?

Rutigkille's Avatar


Rutigkille
09.03.2017 , 02:56 PM | #1
As title says, what do you guys expect from 5.5 and forward? Will there be a nerf for Deception? A small buff for Arsenal merc and other classes that were nerfed a bit hard? Will they do some balancing for tanks?

Im just curious, and endless questions are popping up into my head. I still hope that the balance will be good BOTH dps-wise and DCD-wise when the next tier of gear arrives.

omaan's Avatar


omaan
09.03.2017 , 03:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rutigkille View Post
As title says, what do you guys expect from 5.5 and forward? Will there be a nerf for Deception? A small buff for Arsenal merc and other classes that were nerfed a bit hard? Will they do some balancing for tanks?

Im just curious, and endless questions are popping up into my head. I still hope that the balance will be good BOTH dps-wise and DCD-wise when the next tier of gear arrives.
Lol no buff to arsenal merc pls. Even after nerf theyStill dps pretty hard, and i often see them in r1-3 dps scale on warzones. It is just requires more skill and heat management to play merc.

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
09.03.2017 , 03:01 PM | #3
I expect the nerf cannon still has some ammo in it. Don't worry, once all the numbers are at zero they'll stop.

Or we'll end up healing with every hit instead.....
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

ottffsse's Avatar


ottffsse
09.03.2017 , 03:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I expect the nerf cannon still has some ammo in it. Don't worry, once all the numbers are at zero they'll stop.

Or we'll end up healing with every hit instead.....
I once saw two sorcs in an arena, a madness and a lightning sorc trying to kill each other. Then the acid came.

Threjyan's Avatar


Threjyan
09.04.2017 , 05:32 AM | #5
more nerfs are incoming.

my bet: Anni and Merc heals. operative heals they will need to rework the class, due to its "slow" heals, but i bet nerf is incoming aswell.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
09.04.2017 , 04:50 PM | #6
Sawbones/Medicine is almost certainly facing execution. Bioware seems intent on balancing healers around HPS, rather than effective heals, which is a Bad Thing for a class literally designed to overheal. It wouldn't be so bad with some positive tweaks - Underworld Medicine being made an Instant, and the spec being made less susceptible to pushbacks/interrupts in general, for example. But knowing Bioware, they'll go for a straight numbers nerf just like they did Seer/Corruption
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
09.05.2017 , 03:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Sawbones/Medicine is almost certainly facing execution. Bioware seems intent on balancing healers around HPS, rather than effective heals, which is a Bad Thing for a class literally designed to overheal. It wouldn't be so bad with some positive tweaks - Underworld Medicine being made an Instant, and the spec being made less susceptible to pushbacks/interrupts in general, for example. But knowing Bioware, they'll go for a straight numbers nerf just like they did Seer/Corruption
To be fair, they initially wanted to change Medicine in 5.4 but backed out of at the last moment. I might be dead wrong, but it does seem like they're giving it some though at least.

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
09.05.2017 , 08:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
To be fair, they initially wanted to change Medicine in 5.4 but backed out of at the last moment. I might be dead wrong, but it does seem like they're giving it some though at least.
Yes, and I greatly appreciate them backing off the spec... for now. But read what Musco said:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As we continued to look at the changes we had planned, supporting data, and player feedback, we have decided that we are not going to be making any changes to Operative and Scoundrel healing in 5.4. Right now, these Disciplines are overperforming in HPS and we do feel that they will need to be nerfed at some point. However, even though their HPS is high, due to the Disciplines lack of burst healing it can be quite challenging to keep players, especially tanks, alive. For that reason we are going to hold off on any broader HPS nerfs until we address the burst healing issues of the Class.

We are going to take a look at this for 5.5 and see if that will be the time to make these adjustments. Once we get closer to that update I will let you know what our plans are for Medicine and Sawbones! Thanks everyone.

-eric

Emphasis added. I just hope they 'address the burst healing' at a sufficient level so that when they do nerf probes, waves, and everything else that makes the class overheal that it's still viable.

Of course, if they do that, they could end up recreating Combat Medic/Bodyguard, and Sawbones/Medicine might lose their identity. A look at HM Healer Ratings shows skilled Sawbones/Medicine healers on par with Seer/Corruption healers (the lower percentile of each shows the Force healers are easier to play - they put up better numbers on the low end), and well behind Combat Medic/Bodyguards at all levels. Really, Bioware just needs to accept that, high HPS or no, Sawbones/Medicine can be left alone, and still be the least-played healer in HM Ops (23%) and with no clear advantage in the hardest content in the game.

Yes, there is the caveat that "not everybody uses Starparse", but I think their sample size of over 1.6 million parses is sufficient for demonstrative purposes.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.06.2017 , 03:34 PM | #9
Per the tiers we have been given, yes i expect more balancing.

I personally feel that this straight numbers game they're playing ignores many, if not most, of the issues people are having balance wise. but hey it's my humble opinion so take it as you will.

On the healer front, I too am horrified as to how they are going to nerf operative heals. Yes the hps looks huge, but if you look at how much of that is effective, you notice a ton of overhealing. probes, wave, cloud, etc; the class is obviously designed such that you have to keep you target's health up rather than letting it drop and healing from there. this is because the class is horrible at spike healing. and as a tank main, i feel fully confident in saying that incoming damage profiles are more likely to be spikey than consistent. especially if i fail to anticipate an incoming hit.

i hope they are actually looking into the lack of burst with any potential incoming nerfs.

Shipwright's Avatar


Shipwright
09.06.2017 , 06:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Sawbones/Medicine is almost certainly facing execution. Bioware seems intent on balancing healers around HPS, rather than effective heals, which is a Bad Thing for a class literally designed to overheal. It wouldn't be so bad with some positive tweaks - Underworld Medicine being made an Instant, and the spec being made less susceptible to pushbacks/interrupts in general, for example. But knowing Bioware, they'll go for a straight numbers nerf just like they did Seer/Corruption
Despite the fact that they did postpone the nerf to medicine/Sawbones, I am still expecting a tiny buff to a single target heal, accompanied by nasty reductions to all else.

Another poster here said they'll need to rework these healers in order to shoe horn them into their magic target numbers; I agree but I seriously doubt they will do so. More likely they will just reduce everything, save for a minute buff to single target, and call it balanced.

I may well be wrong, and they might do something decent. But all along in this nerf extravaganza we have been watching, Medicine/Sawbones have been the ones I am expecting to receive the harshest treatment in the end.