CXP Daily Bug Best Thing to happen to Zone(s)/Planet population!

Haussified

Old planets and daily zones have never been so populated! Developers, seriously, think about it...

Nothing intended and designed yet has created an interest in old content like what we are seeing from this unintended "Raining CXP" daily bug. It's bringing everyone to the old zones and allowing for more grouping, pvp, and fun like it what experienced by those of us who have been around since those areas were current content.

Plus, the player base is more motivated to complete the CXP grind now because of the significant speed up this bug allows. More command lvls, quicker boxes, quicker gearing. This is even more relevant with your introduction to item lvl queuing.

TL;DR - KEEP THE CXP BOOST!

I don't know if it should be at the level it is now (as good as doing group content), but I agree it's been great for the population of the daily areas. Just the other day, we had an 8v8 or so going in the Oricon PvP instance. OWPvP, with no scheduling or anything. It was great, and something I haven't really seen since 3.0. This is what is needed to make daily areas succeed- rewards that, while maybe not as good as Flashpoints, are better for CXP or XP than Heroics.

Yeah, agreed. These planets are alive again with actual players instead of just credit farmers and people are grouping up, which I've only really seen lately with that one Heroic on DK. I've also been motivated to actually grind for CXP because it hasn't felt like a grind when I can see the bar move more than a tiny fraction.

And I could be wrong, but if dailies are allowed to continue to be just as profitable a means of earning CXP as say, afk'ing through a WZ - I have never done that because I consider it rude but there are certainly enough videos of it on YouTube - then possibly that type of behaviour would be less of an issue going forward, which would be a blessing for all concerned.

I don't know if it should be at the level it is now (as good as doing group content), but I agree it's been great for the population of the daily areas. Just the other day, we had an 8v8 or so going in the Oricon PvP instance. OWPvP, with no scheduling or anything. It was great, and something I haven't really seen since 3.0. This is what is needed to make daily areas succeed- rewards that, while maybe not as good as Flashpoints, are better for CXP or XP than Heroics.

I'M in complete agreement, so many palnets are alive and kicking,you need to seriously think about making this a monthly thing,its been so much fun doing the older content and getting great rewards for doing them,but the sad truth is the bug will be fixed and the planets will be a ghost town,please think about doing this monthly:)

When i return - i didnt saw many people. Actually... Progenitor, where was my characters seems totally dead... But now... At this evening we even create ops for world boss. It took some time... And we failed... But still that was ops calling from one planet just because there was enough people online. Well... Not enough honestly - but still that was fun.

Old planets and daily zones have never been so populated! Developers, seriously, think about it...

Nothing intended and designed yet has created an interest in old content like what we are seeing from this unintended "Raining CXP" daily bug. It's bringing everyone to the old zones and allowing for more grouping, pvp, and fun like it what experienced by those of us who have been around since those areas were current content.

Plus, the player base is more motivated to complete the CXP grind now because of the significant speed up this bug allows. More command lvls, quicker boxes, quicker gearing. This is even more relevant with your introduction to item lvl queuing.

TL;DR - KEEP THE CXP BOOST!

We were discussing this in guild chat.. The reason you see so many people is because they know it is for a limited time.. We all are drinking heavily from the well that Bioware has provided. People in my guild running all dailies at the expense of everything else because it is short lived.

That being said if it wasn't for a limited time I don't think we'd see the population in the dailies areas that we're now enjoying. If it was 'the norm' people would go back to doing what they normally do. Well some would probably do dailies more that don't right now.. But I don't think it would be significant enough to tell.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm a newly returned player and got my main above 200, two alts leveled to 70 and well into 50+ on each of them. So yes I'm enjoying it for the time that it is around.

+1 I'm up to 252 now and I was 80 last week. Up until this point I had done NO content in many months unless you could GTN activities which lead to opening new packs ...

I still feel it's a little grindy (because I'm limited to I think 5 planetaries so there is a tad of repetition kicking in) but it's bearable and I can see the light at the end of the table.

Also I honestly feel like I'm rushing things because it could be patched tomorrow where as if it were just standard I would play far more naturally, it would feel less repetitive and that would ideally extend my sub time.

For example right now it's daily, daily, daily, daily but if this were permanent I might do a daily and then go off and do a pug SM raid or FP or uprising just to mix things up but right now I need to rush this CXP gain whilst it's here.

I have actually done a few solo vet flashpoints too just for that variety so it's already had the net effect of getting me to do content I would not have otherwise done.

+1 I'm up to 252 now and I was 80 last week. Up until this point I had done NO content in many months unless you could GTN activities which lead to opening new packs ...

I still feel it's a little grindy (because I'm limited to I think 5 planetaries so there is a tad of repetition kicking in) but it's bearable and I can see the light at the end of the table.

Also I honestly feel like I'm rushing things because it could be patched tomorrow where as if it were just standard I would play far more naturally, it would feel less repetitive and that would ideally extend my sub time.

For example right now it's daily, daily, daily, daily but if this were permanent I might do a daily and then go off and do a pug SM raid or FP or uprising just to mix things up but right now I need to rush this CXP gain whilst it's here.

I have actually done a few solo vet flashpoints too just for that variety so it's already had the net effect of getting me to do content I would not have otherwise done.

I agree. I'm enjoying the dailies but I am pushing myself to the limits of my patience because I know it'll be over tomorrow. If this was the natural rate of CXP I'd be doing more re variety of things instead of rushing this deadline.

I made it to 300 from the 180s. I'm so happy and I agree, I almost wish there were more daily areas. I hate the slow grind and likely will ditch it come tomorrow after the event. The crazy speed of crates dropping made me have fun while leveling for a change. I won't be doing dailies for 75cxp. Not worth it.

#stopthehorridgrind

Just saw this thread (after I made my own thread...sorry) and wanted to totally agree with the OP. This is awesome and the most fun since GC came out. What about the suggestion that someone else had and if this isn't permanent how about making this a monthly event: "Planetary Weekend" so at least occasionally these areas would be worth doing. There is a lot of content here that as everyone knows has been dead and deserted for years. Make it relevant again. At 75 each it will bye bye daily areas and be back to heroics for everyone.

I'm on board with keeping the bugged CXP values. If it takes 4 days to go from 1-300 doing all the dailies every day, then without double CXP it's 8 days. For someone more casual that doesn't want to do all the dailies every day, it's even longer. It's a great caught up mechanic that makes Dailies relevant again just like the revamp Heroic 2s got.

It doesn't matter if it's intended or not. It's had a positive impact on the game.

I think it should stay as it is. Do not make it a monthly event, just keep it as is. When this bug hit, my highest cxp leveled toon was 40! I now have 2 300 rank toons and another just at 200. I am totally against the cxp grind and have just been messing around doing almost nothing since 5.0 launch. For the last week I have been enjoying this game again!

Good to hear!!!

What do you think the correct thing to do is? Leave it as is forever? Rotate it in like an "event" (like Rakgoul or BH week)? I'm anxious to get back to playing other stuff, but I want this CXP to stay...it's been a Godsend for this game.

If it were an "event", it would create a funnel of players back to those planets every few weeks, but the return to the 'normal' rate of CXP gain would hurt. Leaving it as is permanently would be my vote because those planets would ALWAYS have a great reason to be visited and it provides a great way to catch up alts and new players...it's still slow...it's not like you gain 100 levels a day...but it's FAR FAR FAR better than anything prior.

This game needed a good way for solo players to gain good CXP...THIS is it!!! This is what GC/CXP needed...and it's in the perfect places.

Good to hear!!!

What do you think the correct thing to do is? Leave it as is forever? Rotate it in like an "event" (like Rakgoul or BH week)? I'm anxious to get back to playing other stuff, but I want this CXP to stay...it's been a Godsend for this game.

If it were an "event", it would create a funnel of players back to those planets every few weeks, but the return to the 'normal' rate of CXP gain would hurt. Leaving it as is permanently would be my vote because those planets would ALWAYS have a great reason to be visited and it provides a great way to catch up alts and new players...it's still slow...it's not like you gain 100 levels a day...but it's FAR FAR FAR better than anything prior.

This game needed a good way for solo players to gain good CXP...THIS is it!!! This is what GC/CXP needed...and it's in the perfect places.

TUXs I think the bug should stay as-is at the ~1100 since you can only repeat daily. I agree with everyone that it was really needed boost for people to see relief to the CXP grind that should have NEVER been put into the game. Understanding that Double CXP is now gone the bugged Dailies are just about right for those motivated to stick around. Sure those here for Double CXP will drop out again (Last time it was DEAD servers again), but this time I think a few more players are going to linger around and do more dailies. The zones that had like 3-4 a day before now have like 30-40 (even today it's not too bad).

Me... sub is up in a couple days and I'm going to see what BW does here. If they nerf back to nothing - yea... kiss those return players goodbye until next Double CXP. I'm in the same boat - not wanting to stick around for an operation that is not going to make its original delivery date and grind CXP at a slow rate again. Other MMO's with ALT friendly capacity to play besides SWTOR right now.

Good to hear!!!

I've stated my thoughts on what I think the correct thing is but to summarize it again ...

Basically take a CXP gain rate similar (maybe slightly nerfed) to what we've now got with the bugs (noting it's slower again without double exp) and calculate out how long that is in terms of CXP per hour.

Create a buff (make it CM if need be for making money purposes) that basically makes all content we can do via GC (operations, flashpoints, uprisings etc.) earn us CXP at that calculated rate based on how long the content on average takes to do. It won't be perfectly balanced across all types of course but it will make all content fairly equally relevant and improve the GC speed greatly.

ONLY apply this buff to GC level 299 and below, once you hit 300 you hit normal rates (whatever they seem that rto be) and can use the normal buffs as usual. This way there is still a timely grind for the BiS stuff but at leas we're not grinding just to get to a point where we can grind as the tiers currently have us doing.

I would set the goal rate of under 300 as based on an average player playing 2 hours a day 5 days a week being able to hit 300 on their toon in a month. So that's like a rank every 8 minutes.

This becomes alt friendly and is still a pretty bloody big time sink imo considering I can complete most AAA titles in that time.

As is would be fine, an event would be moot imo. As is only suffers in the content gets really old really fast and kind of hurts the game as you actively avoid other content that may be more interesting since it doesn't pay as well. Thus something needs to be rethought globally.

Ideally my idea of rethinking this system should have happened months ago but even after Ben leaving they still refused to really swing the buff hammer hard on the system probably because they thought "yay the vocal minority of raiders are happy again so all is well" forgetting that that indeed was a vocal minority and the greater portion of players who don't raid were still leaving the game due to the horrible gearing system (amongst other things).

Not having a go at raiders here either, they've been fixed up imo but I think there might have been a bit too much emphasis placed on how well fixing raiding drops would fix gearing gamewide for everyone - it didn't.

TUXs I think the bug should stay as-is at the ~1100 since you can only repeat daily. I agree with everyone that it was really needed boost for people to see relief to the CXP grind that should have NEVER been put into the game. Understanding that Double CXP is now gone the bugged Dailies are just about right for those motivated to stick around. Sure those here for Double CXP will drop out again (Last time it was DEAD servers again), but this time I think a few more players are going to linger around and do more dailies. The zones that had like 3-4 a day before now have like 30-40 (even today it's not too bad).

Me... sub is up in a couple days and I'm going to see what BW does here. If they nerf back to nothing - yea... kiss those return players goodbye until next Double CXP. I'm in the same boat - not wanting to stick around for an operation that is not going to make its original delivery date and grind CXP at a slow rate again. Other MMO's with ALT friendly capacity to play besides SWTOR right now.

Even double CXP isn't worth it for me without this sort of gain ... 500 for a heroic instead of 250? Pfft stuff that.

Let's not forget this is all REALLY OLD content we've done many, many times before - that is nowhere near enough of a lure to make me want to do it. 3000 sure as hell was though but I would hate to do all that exact same content again on another toon to get to 300 - need that gain rate spread over all content. :)

I must say I've been enjoying it as well. I was able to grind out a full set of 246 dps gear + a few 248 pieces with my main tank. This was invaluable to me because a dual spec greatly helps out my guild during ops. Also it allows me to play more on a favorite toon without getting burnout so quickly.

The other thing has been the increased populations in otherwise dead areas. Yavin for instance had been dead for eight months or better prior to this event. It was saddening to see one of the best daily areas so empty. Now its almost back to its former glory just minus the gold farmers.

I only wish areas like The Outlaw Den had a reason for players to visit. It has become an epic waste of space only visited to buy the stuff for HK's quest and maybe dig for speeder parts.