Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

After Crisis of Umbara...?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
After Crisis of Umbara...?

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
09.04.2017 , 12:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
Remember that Mr. Baker voices multiple characters. If they turn Theron into a paperweight, they still have the rebel.
That doesn't really mean much. Andronikos' voice actor voices TONS of characters, and we know he's likely going to be a paperweight when he comes back, just like the other romances (except for Torian and Vette, but they're paperweights now too).

I just think Theron is different. He's always been a huge character, bigger than any other NPC because of his backstory media. I always had the suspicion that he had a bigger part to play. I don't know if they'll get around it by not offering a "kill" option or what, but I just don't see him being relegated to paperweight status unless they plan to do it to Lana too. It's always been "Lana and Theron" as alternates if you didn't have other companions to fill the holes (like if you kill Arcann and Senya). It can't just be the Lana show from here on out.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

BlueShiftRecall's Avatar


BlueShiftRecall
09.04.2017 , 02:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I just think Theron is different. He's always been a huge character, bigger than any other NPC because of his backstory media. I always had the suspicion that he had a bigger part to play. I don't know if they'll get around it by not offering a "kill" option or what, but I just don't see him being relegated to paperweight status unless they plan to do it to Lana too. It's always been "Lana and Theron" as alternates if you didn't have other companions to fill the holes (like if you kill Arcann and Senya). It can't just be the Lana show from here on out.
Maybe we'll end up in a situation at the end of this "The Order" stuff where we have to chose between saving Lana or Theron? Then people who dislike Theron and those who dislike Lana are both happy and we're not just left with the Lana or Theron show because they can both be "killed off." Gosh that sounds depressing, hope nothing like this actually happens.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
09.04.2017 , 03:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
Maybe we'll end up in a situation at the end of this "The Order" stuff where we have to chose between saving Lana or Theron? Then people who dislike Theron and those who dislike Lana are both happy and we're not just left with the Lana or Theron show because they can both be "killed off." Gosh that sounds depressing, hope nothing like this actually happens.
I wouldn't put that past the writers, in all honesty. Lana's shown she will sacrifice herself for the Commander, and I could easily see them scripting a situation where you have to choose between saving her or Theron.

I hope that never happens, though. Much in the same way I hope there's always at least an option to have them continue as vital parts of the story, if you choose it. In the end of KOTET your choices dictated who ran that content with you and played a major role in the story - neither set of characters was cast aside. I hope we'll see that continue.

BlazeTomahawk's Avatar


BlazeTomahawk
09.04.2017 , 04:08 PM | #14
Lana is the least Sithy Sith I've ever seen. Even when she loses her temper she doesn't get violent, or even really mad.
I don't like her much. Seems kind of flat and emotionless, the exact opposite of what I'd see a Sith as.

Vette is bubbly and fun. I have a really hard time seeing her with s DS SW, but shes great with a LS SW.

Shayddow's Avatar


Shayddow
09.04.2017 , 06:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazeTomahawk View Post
Lana is the least Sithy Sith I've ever seen. Even when she loses her temper she doesn't get violent, or even really mad.
I don't like her much. Seems kind of flat and emotionless, the exact opposite of what I'd see a Sith as.

Vette is bubbly and fun. I have a really hard time seeing her with s DS SW, but shes great with a LS SW.
Interestingly enough, now that she is "customizable" in regard to her apparel - if you <as an Imperial player> put sithy type clothes (the drops that used to be around) they don't stay sithy. They look jedi-ish. (which is a complaint that rep players that wanted to dress up Scourge like an authentic Sith complained about as well, its from the "old style" pre cartel market type drops that used to conform to the players alignment instead of how you wanted it to - EXCEPT its reverse for her.
I just want her to look like a Sith, dang it!

Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
09.04.2017 , 06:31 PM | #16
I'm still impatiently waiting breathless excitement to see the next part of the story. I am not upset about the current story arc at all, I just dread the ending if it's handled poorly but it is possible we are a good full RL year away from seeing the end. Unless they rush the arc obviously, like they have with everything else...

Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
Interestingly enough, now that she is "customizable" in regard to her apparel - if you <as an Imperial player> put sithy type clothes (the drops that used to be around) they don't stay sithy. They look jedi-ish. (which is a complaint that rep players that wanted to dress up Scourge like an authentic Sith complained about as well, its from the "old style" pre cartel market type drops that used to conform to the players alignment instead of how you wanted it to - EXCEPT its reverse for her.
I just want her to look like a Sith, dang it!

And Theron wears the Imperial versions of said outfits. Unlike some, I don't think they "messed up the code" I think it was intentional since it affects both, so sadly to get her sithy you need to use outfits that don't change their style/side-dependant. I'm okay with doing this, but some of the old stuff looks awesome too.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
09.05.2017 , 02:41 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazeTomahawk View Post
Lana is the least Sithy Sith I've ever seen. Even when she loses her temper she doesn't get violent, or even really mad.
I don't like her much. Seems kind of flat and emotionless, the exact opposite of what I'd see a Sith as.

Vette is bubbly and fun. I have a really hard time seeing her with s DS SW, but shes great with a LS SW.
I agree with your opinion of Lana. As for Vette, I think they wanted to create that feeling of Malgus and Elena(?) Daru. They even look similar.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

TyonYlle's Avatar


TyonYlle
09.08.2017 , 05:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
That doesn't really mean much. Andronikos' voice actor voices TONS of characters, and we know he's likely going to be a paperweight when he comes back, just like the other romances (except for Torian and Vette, but they're paperweights now too).

I just think Theron is different. He's always been a huge character, bigger than any other NPC because of his backstory media. I always had the suspicion that he had a bigger part to play. I don't know if they'll get around it by not offering a "kill" option or what, but I just don't see him being relegated to paperweight status unless they plan to do it to Lana too. It's always been "Lana and Theron" as alternates if you didn't have other companions to fill the holes (like if you kill Arcann and Senya). It can't just be the Lana show from here on out.
I mean, isn't it also possible that we might get a replacement. I have only done the FP once, so I don't know whether it is a "set" traitor, but who knows, we might actually meet someone new?

But I have to hand it to Bioware, I totally didn't see it coming, and they have thrown my lil' teenage scrapper into a black hole she won't be able to climb out of. She won't ever be able to trust anyone again, save for her OC wookie companion.

For headcanon-wise (her story) she's really hurting.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
09.08.2017 , 06:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
I mean, isn't it also possible that we might get a replacement. I have only done the FP once, so I don't know whether it is a "set" traitor, but who knows, we might actually meet someone new?

But I have to hand it to Bioware, I totally didn't see it coming, and they have thrown my lil' teenage scrapper into a black hole she won't be able to climb out of. She won't ever be able to trust anyone again, save for her OC wookie companion.

For headcanon-wise (her story) she's really hurting.
Have you read 'Annihilation' and 'The Lost Suns?' If not, I highly recommend doing so, because it will give you loads more insight into Theron's character, probably more than anything you'll see in-game.

If you're having doubts about his character coming back, think about one key mechanic - romance options and choice. Many players, including the obscenely high number of female Sith Warriors, have already had to choose him over their past romances, and in the case of the Sith Warrior, that choice just happened. I can't see BioWare forcing those choices and then taking away the romance and laughing in our faces like, "Ha, you stoops, you should have never picked him! We were going to take him away from you all along!" *mustache twirl*

Yeah, players could have lost Koth or Dorne, but those losses come about from choices made in-game. With Theron, we have no choice...it happens no matter what we do. That's what makes me pretty confident that he's coming back.

He's their poster-boy, for sure. I was browsing the Cartel market last night and had to chuckle at the example images used for the name-change tokens. Take a look, lol.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

TyonYlle's Avatar


TyonYlle
09.08.2017 , 09:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Have you read 'Annihilation' and 'The Lost Suns?' If not, I highly recommend doing so, because it will give you loads more insight into Theron's character, probably more than anything you'll see in-game.

If you're having doubts about his character coming back, think about one key mechanic - romance options and choice. Many players, including the obscenely high number of female Sith Warriors, have already had to choose him over their past romances, and in the case of the Sith Warrior, that choice just happened. I can't see BioWare forcing those choices and then taking away the romance and laughing in our faces like, "Ha, you stoops, you should have never picked him! We were going to take him away from you all along!" *mustache twirl*

Yeah, players could have lost Koth or Dorne, but those losses come about from choices made in-game. With Theron, we have no choice...it happens no matter what we do. That's what makes me pretty confident that he's coming back.

He's their poster-boy, for sure. I was browsing the Cartel market last night and had to chuckle at the example images used for the name-change tokens. Take a look, lol.
Oh, awesome, I'l definitely check out those books!

I guess I'm different then, because I too romanced Theron. I at least hope we have the option to kill him. If it builds her character development (if only in my headcanon) then I don't care what Bio do, they could do the most dastardly thing ahah. But after his betrayal it kinda broke her, and now she's in such a deep black hole that she can't climb out. She officially isn't going to be trusting anyone ever again. Well except for maybe Kitaddik, (Bowdaar that I renamed for useage in-game rp lol) She would probably shoot Theron just because she's hurting too much, and not exactly know what she had done.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading