Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raise valor req. For ranked!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Raise valor req. For ranked!!!

Bar-Da-Voya
09.02.2017 , 01:42 PM | #21
It should never have been tied to Valor.
They put a min gear requirement for the latest HM FP, Ranked should also be gated behind a min gear level. My opinion is 246.
May the Force be with you. Long live The Old Republic.
http://www.swtor.com/r/pz7lsM

Totemdancer
09.02.2017 , 08:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Remove gear and UC from the equation and have good end of season rewards announced before the season goes live?

Nah, that'll never happen, it's BioWare. Their idea of ranked has been a mess since they removed 8v8.
Agreed, removal of 8v8 without even trying a solo queue system or even making the queuing the same as how regs are (maximum 4 in a premades), was a major mistake. Their lame arse excuse saying participation was low doesn't have legs because they added a solo queue for 4 v4. They knew teams wouldnt be as popular in 4v4 either, otherwise why add a solo queue. 4v4 would have ended up with similar participation if they hadn't added solo. Plus we never had any 8v8 seasons, it was only preseason. The other excuse I've heard is there were too many maps for 8v8 to work as it would reduce the people queuing in other forms of pvp. The simple solution would be to reduce 8v8 Ranked to 1 of each of the types of maps per week (3) and then rotate the others through. Example, 1 Hutt Ball, one capture the node, on attack type (Void Star/Hypergates). They could even make the ranked solo queue combined with 4v4 and 8v8. Bioware could still impliment this now and have little affect on queues because skilled objective pvpers would flock to 8 Ranked and the new pvpers would have an easier time in regs, making it more enjoyable and fun for them, which would likely make them want to play more pvp. Let's face it, most of them are only pvping for unassembled components to play pve. If it was actually fun for them, they may learn to like pvp and continue after they've geared up. This current incentive system is flawed because once those people are geared up, they will return to pve and never pvp again unless forced to.

Aetideus
09.03.2017 , 05:24 AM | #23
25% valor is a joke. Should be 60% at least. Even that is easily gained by any toon from regs, which has nothing to do with duels or rwz.

AlenkaSunaki
09.03.2017 , 11:39 AM | #24
valor requirement is stupid and shouldn't exist at all. Its just a number of reg warzones u played and has nothing to do with how good u are, or are going to be. I can afk in 25 warzones and get 25 valor boom gg easy now time to q ranked and throw or something. If you want a requirement it should be gear or something but that would be cancer too because the gearing system is terrible. Tbh theres no possible requirement you can have that would stop throwers, wintraders, and trolls.

the idea that you would raise valor to 60 or something, and make someone like me do a ton of regs just to make a 65 token new alt to play on another server with, is disgusting
PURPLE
SLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTHSLOTH
JUSTIN BIEBER #1 FAN
REKLESSNESS SUPERHOTEGIRLFRND

DavidAtkinson
09.03.2017 , 01:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Agreed, removal of 8v8 without even trying a solo queue system or even making the queuing the same as how regs are (maximum 4 in a premades), was a major mistake. Their lame arse excuse saying participation was low doesn't have legs because they added a solo queue for 4 v4. They knew teams wouldnt be as popular in 4v4 either, otherwise why add a solo queue. 4v4 would have ended up with similar participation if they hadn't added solo. Plus we never had any 8v8 seasons, it was only preseason. The other excuse I've heard is there were too many maps for 8v8 to work as it would reduce the people queuing in other forms of pvp. The simple solution would be to reduce 8v8 Ranked to 1 of each of the types of maps per week (3) and then rotate the others through. Example, 1 Hutt Ball, one capture the node, on attack type (Void Star/Hypergates). They could even make the ranked solo queue combined with 4v4 and 8v8. Bioware could still impliment this now and have little affect on queues because skilled objective pvpers would flock to 8 Ranked and the new pvpers would have an easier time in regs, making it more enjoyable and fun for them, which would likely make them want to play more pvp. Let's face it, most of them are only pvping for unassembled components to play pve. If it was actually fun for them, they may learn to like pvp and continue after they've geared up. This current incentive system is flawed because once those people are geared up, they will return to pve and never pvp again unless forced to.

Forget 8 vs 8 ranked please as fast as possible.. It didn't work and it will never work. There isn't enough population to support it and who the hell would stay in the match if it's a loss for the other team ? Ragequits would kill it in an instant.. because nobody will stay for 13 mins in a match just to lose the game.

If 4vs4 is toxic how trash would 8 vs 8 be ?
Yes 4vs4 is a joke... but at the moment it's the only thing viable for the current state of game.

You want skill vs skill ? 1 vs 1 ranked would be the only choice for that but it would eliminate healers.... so that isn't an option too.

Enjoy 4vs4.. dont' care for the rating, farm enough components to buy the rewards and move on to the next season. This is what you should do. Play for the sake of playing.. not for the sake for a stupid elo number that the next guy will get by cheating.

Totemdancer
09.03.2017 , 06:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Forget 8 vs 8 ranked please as fast as possible.. It didn't work and it will never work. There isn't enough population to support it and who the hell would stay in the match if it's a loss for the other team ? Ragequits would kill it in an instant.. because nobody will stay for 13 mins in a match just to lose the game.

If 4vs4 is toxic how trash would 8 vs 8 be ?
Yes 4vs4 is a joke... but at the moment it's the only thing viable for the current state of game.

You want skill vs skill ? 1 vs 1 ranked would be the only choice for that but it would eliminate healers.... so that isn't an option too.

Enjoy 4vs4.. dont' care for the rating, farm enough components to buy the rewards and move on to the next season. This is what you should do. Play for the sake of playing.. not for the sake for a stupid elo number that the next guy will get by cheating.
I won't ever forget 8 v 8, it was a far superior form of Ranked over 4 v 4. I wish they'd actually get rid of 4 v 4 and bring back 8 v 8. But I know that will never happen.
You didn't read why 8 v 8 wasn't as successful as 4 v 4. If they had given 8s the same queue options as 4s has, then it would have been much more successful and I would say even more successful than 4s.
Bioware made multiple mistakes with 8s and never tried to fix it to make it successful. 1. They only ever had preseason and it was extremely long. 2. They only ever had preformed teams for 8s ranked and no solo queue.
They knew this was a problem because they added a solo queue for 4s and then started seasons. Team 4s has no where near the same participation as solo and I think even less participation than team 8s used to have. Lots of people who played 8s left because they got sick of waiting for a season to start. At the beginning, 8s was really popular with the pvp guilds, but competive people are only going to stick around for competitive pvp if there is a competition season.
All Bioware needed to do was start a season and add another queue for 8s and it would have had the participation they wanted.
They could still get it to work now, but only if they merge servers.

DenariusJay
09.03.2017 , 07:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
This is what I do. I've noticed most toxic rank players are the ones that treat every game like its the super bowl, and cannot tolerate any error from anyone, not even from themselves. That is not a game problem, that is a person problem.
Rank is fun if you just play to do your best and let the number land where it may - don't stress about grinding it, just play to your content and whatever it is - it is. It's a video game. Once you close the game, it all goes away. No one in real life cares. Don't stress.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

frosttj
09.04.2017 , 09:23 AM | #28
Yes...yes. Valor 100, 248 gear rating, active subscriber, what else...what else...must of obtained T1 in a previous season...also a 5 minute pre parse to make sure you know your rotation and can meet dps/hps checks...and...3 forms of identity so BW can report u to the FBI if you troll.

Seriously...it's yolos. It's the only active form of ranked pvp that barely pops outside of 2 servers. Let's totally gateway it out so it doesnt pop at all and we can play odessen proving ground every other match. Good thinking.

-Bob-
09.04.2017 , 11:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by frosttj View Post
Yes...yes. Valor 100, 248 gear rating, active subscriber, what else...what else...must of obtained T1 in a previous season...also a 5 minute pre parse to make sure you know your rotation and can meet dps/hps checks...and...3 forms of identity so BW can report u to the FBI if you troll.
I second this motion! ^^^^^^^^
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Liquor
09.06.2017 , 07:31 PM | #30
valor means nothing.

its not a fix

bads are bad, everyday, every toon
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Mff Kilran - Slas - Harkn