Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raise valor req. For ranked!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Raise valor req. For ranked!!!

VaceDemon
08.31.2017 , 04:45 PM | #1
25 is way too low. Too many trolls, hackers, throwers, win traders, etc. and a 10 min deserter debuff pls. Valor should be 60-70. 25 is just a joke.
Vace
Harb

House of Purple

DavidAtkinson
08.31.2017 , 11:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VaceDemon View Post
25 is way too low. Too many trolls, hackers, throwers, win traders, etc. and a 10 min deserter debuff pls. Valor should be 60-70. 25 is just a joke.
What you fail to understand is that valor is just a number that has nothing to do with player skill..... There might be people who played lots of regs and have gone up to 70 valor, but that doesn't mean that they gonna be good in ranked.

Valor 25 is fine. Frequent pops, more people can que for ranked.

The population is pretty low.. why do you want to make it even lower ?

-Bob-
08.31.2017 , 11:40 PM | #3
valor 100.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Evolixe
09.01.2017 , 12:00 AM | #4
Even with valor 100 required these problems would not get solved.

Most of these things will never go away.
The only thing they could do is make the rewards not worth it for people that have no business in ranked besides trying to gewr.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Totemdancer
09.01.2017 , 12:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Even with valor 100 required these problems would not get solved.

Most of these things will never go away.
The only thing they could do is make the rewards not worth it for people that have no business in ranked besides trying to gewr.
Yep, Gearing should be done in regs so that people are properly geared for Ranked. I understand they want to incentivise people to do Ranked, but there must be a better way than making it the best way to min max pve gear.
In a podcast I listened too (worst ever), Eric said they may consider increasing the gearing requirement again to enter Ranked. But that just seems illogical if they keep it as the best way to gear. If you already have the best gear or close to it for Ranked, why would you even need to grind more in Ranked.

I like the idea of increasing Valor and actually make it worth something. I know it's not a silver bullet to fix the issues, but it would be a start. Then they could look at other things to gate Ranked a bit more for the more experienced. I think rewards for Ranked should be more cosmetic, but really good rewards, not crappy ones. Things people would really want to try for. They would also need to change the way the rating system works and how the rewards are tied to it. Overhauling the medal system and incorporating it into rating system would be a good start.

You are right though, it still wouldn't fix the problems 100%. People would still troll, throw games and so on.

Totemdancer
09.01.2017 , 01:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
valor 100.
I think this would need to be legacy. So when one toon reaches 100, it unlocks it in the legacy. Either that or lower it to say 85 because people who pvp will be Valor 70 when they hit lvl 70 and it's only 15 lvls of Valor for them to get to 85. Most pve nubs will be zero Valor when they hit lvl 70.

Or another would be how much Valor you earn at lower lvls considering how you only need to do 2-3 matches per lvl in lowbies to stay at that lvls Valor. It should take a minimum of 10 matches per lvl to increase Valor. I'd actually prefer a proper gradient scale as you lvl. As an example you would start at 10 matches at lvl 10 and by the time you got to lvl 70 it would take 70 matches to go up a lvl in Valor. Then you set the Ranked gate at Valor 75 and add rewards linked to every Valor lvl over that if done in Ranked.

This would also incentives people to play lowbies because they wouldn't need to do 70 matches for each lvl of Valor as if they'd waited till lvl 70 to pvp. It would actually be faster to do it as they lvl up up their toons. I think this would even improve lvl 70 regs because more people would be learning to pvp in lowbies where they should be and not in end game Pvp. The only thing I can't figure out is what you do with people rolling instant lvl 60-65s?

merovejec
09.01.2017 , 02:17 AM | #7
Well Valor is easy to get, after all we have double Valor gain week now
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

VaceDemon
09.01.2017 , 02:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Well Valor is easy to get, after all we have double Valor gain week now
Valor is the most useless stat in the game and they made it an event.....LMAO good job bioware. way to think outside the box.
Vace
Harb

House of Purple

olagatonjedi
09.01.2017 , 03:42 AM | #9
BW doesnt care about the quality of players in ranked, because no matter how good or bad the general population is, there is always going to be someone who is topping the ranks, and someone at the bottom of the ranks, even if the lowest ranked llayer was 1500, they would still be last. BW cares about activity within the different elements of the game, so they can justify time spent on that aspect to improve/change it.

merovejec
09.01.2017 , 03:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by VaceDemon View Post
Valor is the most useless stat in the game and they made it an event.....LMAO good job bioware. way to think outside the box.
I dont see the point of that either.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040