Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was a train wreck on Umbara really necessary....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Was a train wreck on Umbara really necessary....

Storm-Cutter
08.31.2017 , 12:21 AM | #1
Since the traitor is in the base, and has been since the establishment of Odessan, they could have gotten rid of you at any time.
- Blaster in the back, poisoned food, gas in the bedroom (), killer droid, dangerous critter let loose in the base....

Why stage an elaborate train wreck when they could have blown up the transport in space with no way of surviving.

Or is the otherwise intelligent traitor a victim of ComplexityAddiction ?
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

fishpeople
08.31.2017 , 02:42 AM | #2
Maybe 'The Order' wanted those crystals too?

Asmodesu
08.31.2017 , 03:06 AM | #3
Except the fact most got left for the Alliance. I think this entire thing was set-up to test Theron.
"Have the Commander/Alliance name you as the traitor trying to kill the Commander. and reveal yourself here."
Honestly, there's no way the Order doesn't know that Theron was close to the Commander, LI, friend or just there. So he had to reveal himself and attempt a kill somewhere not in the middle of Odessan. have the Alliance want to hunt him, whatever. Then he could join them, proving he wanted to join their cause this way. I believe this is far more elaborate then "shoot commander at any time".

Mindelmatrix
08.31.2017 , 05:50 AM | #4
I can't imagine a train wreck is avoidable in a story that involves action. Especially if there's a traitor plot involved.
Friend referral for extra few days sub: http://www.swtor.com/r/72MTpQ

"I am not cute. I am deadly"

Dracofish
08.31.2017 , 06:11 AM | #5
It would make perfect sense if it was all an elaborate ruse to infiltrate The Order of Creepy Mask People...meaning he's a "traitor" not a traitor.

It's clearly all staged. He stuns Lana (you can see him switch blasters, there's three on camera at once), blows out the window (escape route), blows out the shield controls, tells the Commander exactly what he's doing and how much time they have, gives a deliberately out of character mustache twirl of a speech, and then for all intents and purposes, tells the Commander when to jump. Lana wakes up and immediately says to go for the window, even though she was out cold when he blew it out, almost as if she knew it was there, lulz. Then he leaves the crystals behind that he was supposedly stealing, all because he knows the Alliance needs the resources to secure Iokath.

Total setup to infiltrate whatever The Order is...I'm guessing Zildrog. And I'm guessing Lana is in on it.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Tadagyt
08.31.2017 , 06:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Why stage an elaborate train wreck when they could have blown up the transport in space with no way of surviving.?
I don't think he wanted to kill you at all.

IoNonSoEVero
08.31.2017 , 07:54 AM | #7
The more one thinks about it, the more apparent it is that he's putting on some sort of performance.

Still don't think Lana's in on it, at all.

Swingkittie
08.31.2017 , 09:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The more one thinks about it, the more apparent it is that he's putting on some sort of performance.

Still don't think Lana's in on it, at all.
Lana was just as shocked as us.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Swingkittie
08.31.2017 , 09:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Since the traitor is in the base, and has been since the establishment of Odessan, they could have gotten rid of you at any time.
- Blaster in the back, poisoned food, gas in the bedroom (), killer droid, dangerous critter let loose in the base....

Why stage an elaborate train wreck when they could have blown up the transport in space with no way of surviving.

Or is the otherwise intelligent traitor a victim of ComplexityAddiction ?
Nice link. This whole thing did have a Bond Villian Stupidity ring to it, even though I don't think Theron is a Villian.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Dracofish
08.31.2017 , 10:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Lana was just as shocked as us.
All of that could easily have been faked. She conveniently knew to jump out the window, even though she was unconscious when he blew it out. And, she conveniently had nothing to add when the Commander questioned why Theron left the crystals behind.

In addition, it was Lana who said back on Rishi that she couldn't trust Theron to be convincing with his capture, so why would she trust the Commander, who with 7 out of 8 classes isn't a spy?
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT