Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing GW2

omaan
09.21.2017 , 12:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
The thing your missing though is at higher levels you can make gold to exchange for gems (store currency) so in fact it only costs you time playing the game. I have a friend who plays GW2 only real $$ she spent was on expansions. The base game is free now and expansion prices are very low for what you get compared to other games basically if you bought 7000 CC here you could of bought mid to top tier of GW2 expansions...
Thats the issue. I NEVER bought any cc coins. In fact the only money i spend in swtor is only for subscription, i dont like when the game provides faster ways for gearing up, gaining money for real money. I never pay more than for subscription and new expansions. Mmo companies musnt take money for more.

SteveTheCynic
09.22.2017 , 02:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Thats the issue. I NEVER bought any cc coins. In fact the only money i spend in swtor is only for subscription, i dont like when the game provides faster ways for gearing up, gaining money for real money. I never pay more than for subscription and new expansions. Mmo companies musnt take money for more.
So you *work* in the game. If you want the frillies or the convenience features from the store, you pay in real money or in play-time, take your pick. (You can exchange in either direction between gold ("credits") and gems ("CCs"), but to buy gems with gold, you have to earn the gold by playing.)

Is it worth spending play-time to gain gold to buy gems compared to spending dollars or pounds or euros to buy gems directly? Only you can answer that question for you. But there are plenty of nice armour and weapon skins available in-game, ones that you can *only* gain by playing.

There is nothing in the gem store that will make your character move faster, do more damage, heal more damage, take less damage, or glide better. The best you'll get is that you can do those things sooner because you have e.g. an increased XP gain.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.