Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Was Oricon Never Made Solo-Friendly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Was Oricon Never Made Solo-Friendly?

Ylliarus
08.29.2017 , 05:37 PM | #1
So on my Sith Inquisitor, Sith Sorcerer better said that I have been playing for years now the mission on Oricon is still there.. stuck at the same exact point... left untouched... It's where you have to finish the 2 OPS in order to finish the story arc on the planet. Which is something I don't understand why it hasn't been remedied to be solo-friendly.

I don't do OPS, I don't want to do them as it's not my playstyle and I don't need the pressure of it on my shoulders. Flashpoints sure I love 'em, PvP I do daily and love it with all my heart, but I'll stay away from OPS. Which is where my issue lies with because now I will never be able to finish Oricon. Why wasn't there an alternative added to the Dread Master Arc like we had in Shadow of Revan? People could choose to play the OPS or they could do dailies instead to progress the story. So, it's not like an alternative is unthinkable and lately Iokath also has a story arc that can be supplemented with an OPS but it's not vital to continue the story. I ask therefore again, why after all this time there wasn't crafted a solution for the Oricon story arc?

Perhaps the alternative could be really easy and doing the dailies will be what is needed. A more fun solution could be making an alternative flashpoint for the Oricon OPS that allow the player to experience the raids but it's not on actual Operations level and is also soloable for those who like that playstyle. You'd be given the choice whether you'd want to complete the Oricon story through OPS or Flashpoint. The latter would also be a good preparation for those who'd eventually want to dive into the operations.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

IoNonSoEVero
08.29.2017 , 06:06 PM | #2
I think this has to be one of the most-requested things on this board. And I concur. It's frustrating to do the dailies on Oricon and see that little enticing golden triangle...and know that you have no way to really properly finish the planet. I know they don't like going back and fixing older stuff, but IMHO a solo-friendly way to finish Oricon, such as a flashpoint with solo mode, would bring more players back than a new ops boss any day.

Ylliarus
08.29.2017 , 06:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I think this has to be one of the most-requested things on this board. And I concur. It's frustrating to do the dailies on Oricon and see that little enticing golden triangle...and know that you have no way to really properly finish the planet. I know they don't like going back and fixing older stuff, but IMHO a solo-friendly way to finish Oricon, such as a flashpoint with solo mode, would bring more players back than a new ops boss any day.
I get that redoing old stuff shouldn't be a priority albeit I will always believe making the previous stuff better will also improve the future of something... this is another matter. The case with Oricon is that a solution to the forced OPS is very long overdue and should have been implemented when Shadow of Revan hit or shortly thereafter. This is something that we deserve as paying customers of this game, we should be able to finish story arcs properly and Bioware has shown they have no qualms about giving that to us such as the arc on Yavin and the recent story of Iokath. So demanding that they do this for Oricon as well is just something we have a right to at this point in time.

Also, the Shroud mission is also something that should be made solo-friendly. Finding groups for that or the Seeds of Rage is nearly impossible. Those are things that simply have to be fixed, there is no "but's" regarding it. These things should have been made solo-friendly ages ago.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

orangenee
08.29.2017 , 06:19 PM | #4
The somewhat random heroic 4 on section X is another thing. Nobody goes there much either...

BW has never quite got the blend of solo/group/PvP right.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Kolskeggur
08.29.2017 , 06:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
The somewhat random heroic 4 on section X is another thing. Nobody goes there much either...

BW has never quite got the blend of solo/group/PvP right.
The Section X heroic have been soloable for a while already.
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

IoNonSoEVero
08.29.2017 , 06:30 PM | #6
I feel like they're almost hoping they can force players into doing ops/uprisings/etc. if they block content/story completion. But it doesn't work - players just get annoyed and walk away. I'd rather leave the planet unfinished than to do an Op, but I shouldn't be faced with that choice.

And yeah, especially as a paying customer it's frustrating. It's like watching a movie where someone's cut off the last ten minutes.

orangenee
08.29.2017 , 06:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kolskeggur View Post
The Section X heroic have been soloable for a while already.
Why the jeff does it still say heroic 4 on it then......oh right, Biower. Guess I'll do it then.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

thepilk
08.29.2017 , 06:36 PM | #8
Oricon finishes and THEN you get the ops. After doing Dread fortress/palace, you dont get a closing cutscene that "wraps up" the story for you, and even after you finish the ops those quest givers still have that gold triangle over their heads so you can re-take it after. (or at least, they still have it for me) So, if you are at that point youre done with the story for all intents and purposes, theres not an ending or wrap-up that youre missing out on or anything for not doing the ops.
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com

IoNonSoEVero
08.29.2017 , 06:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by thepilk View Post
Oricon finishes and THEN you get the ops. After doing Dread fortress/palace, you dont get a closing cutscene that "wraps up" the story for you, and even after you finish the ops those quest givers still have that gold triangle over their heads so you can re-take it after. (or at least, they still have it for me) So, if you are at that point youre done with the story for all intents and purposes, theres not an ending or wrap-up that youre missing out on or anything for not doing the ops.
There are cutscenes on YouTube that are not given unless you do the Ops.

FtWorthJim
08.29.2017 , 06:42 PM | #10
This is not a single player game. There are single player elements, but not everything needs to be accessible to everyone. This is such a bad idea. No no no no never.

Even if you don't raid normally how hard is it to do the op ONCE? It's not solo content.