Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow ranked is toxic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Wow ranked is toxic

leonlotus
08.30.2017 , 12:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobby_McDonald View Post
If an operative wins vs 2 players in acid he really deserves the win. He must be much better than those he just "trolled". Try it yourself and you will see that you cannot win acid against two players of the same skill level.
There is still the problem that the player made an "exit" to a certain loss, that is anti-competitive, and probably the opposite intention of what the acid means. Its a heavy exploit, and i think using ability as justificative for the continuation of the practice is wrong.

DavidAtkinson
08.30.2017 , 01:31 PM | #22
If you are unwilling to accept this reality maybe you should stop playing ranked....

When you click the que button you accept the fact that matchmaking is out of your control and that you have a chance to meet some really toxic and trash people.

Accept it. It will be easier for you.

cool-dude
08.31.2017 , 01:40 AM | #23
Trash talk and toxicity is in all competitive environments.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Ooha
08.31.2017 , 01:53 PM | #24
I've been trying a new approach. I completely disable chat when I'm solo qn, because chances are NOTHING I WILL SAY/DO will change how **** you are anyways. Atleast this way, I'm not triggered by idiots saying **** like "sorry, my guard was on CD."
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." - Galileo

tasteslikecandy
08.31.2017 , 02:01 PM | #25
I love when people complain about ranked being toxic for one simple reason: in my experience, ranked is only toxic if you suck a lot. People are only mean to me when I play a terrible round, and I only talk when someone obviously has no idea what they're doing. To put it simply, if you're not good enough to keep people from ******** on you in chat, don't play ranked. That's what regs are for. Duuuuuuuuuuh.
RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy boss kills come, thy min-max be done, on Fleet as it is in Nar Shaddaa. Give us this day our daily comms. And forgive us our wipes, as we forgive those who have brought wipes upon us. And lead us not into ragequitting, but deliver us from Kephess. Amen.

Traghan
08.31.2017 , 02:20 PM | #26
If I suck and I'm told I suck and why, well, I try to learn from it. Constructive criticism isn't something you're going to find in online gaming.

However when one player says everyone else sucks, I ignore it. In that case I often ignore the player as well. These people are everywhere (my ranked and wz experience hasn't been that bad, though maybe I'm desensitized to it b/c when I played WoW almost every PvP loss had a person putting the blame on every other player. Same for Overwatch.

Get 7 days premium by using my referral below!
F2P/Preferred players also get unlocks!
http://www.swtor.com/r/7fSgwH

Kriondt
08.31.2017 , 02:35 PM | #27
My Favorite people are those that complain/bash/trash talk other people whether they win or lose...its happened so many times and nothing ever pleases them. Also love those players in regs that serve one function and do nothing else...and there is no way to vote them out even though there is a tab for it...why?

aerockyul
08.31.2017 , 02:53 PM | #28
I'll admit it's not really my place, since I don't play ranked at all, ever....However, the main reason I don't is the toxicity (that I hear about both here in these forums and in-game in the pvp/general chat between ranked pops). If you guys all recognize the toxicity is there and it really, REALLY turns most people off, and you're sitting on fleet literally BEGGING people to queue for ranked, do you not recognize the connection there?

Then the suckers who fall for it get in there and you all come out afterwards and troll the **** out of them. I'll admit it's kind of amusing because you can get pretty creative (why I leave the pvp channel open) but most people are going to see that and make up their mind right there to never, ever put themselves in that position, regardless of how good/bad they might be.

Regs can be just as bad, and I only do them anymore when I'm feeling like nothing can bring me down, but each time the toxicity bubbles forth it makes the breaks I take between playing pvp at all longer and longer.

It's not even that people are being toxic to me in particular. I've had only two instances where it happened, and one was where an idiot thought he knew a better strategy while me and a stranger tried something different and completely turned the match to our favor. But I get just as turned off when the toxicity is directed at other people. I'll speak up and risk the toxic backlash, especially in lowbies, where you guys truly need to chill the **** out with new players, but it can get taxing and literally useless. They'll just continue being that way in their next match and so on.

I know it's popular to bash Bioware as the sole reason for such low populations in ranked and regs (people are begging for these on fleet, too!). Is there seriously no time you look in the mirror (figuratively) and think maybe if the community was more welcoming it would actually grow?
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Aeneas_Falco
08.31.2017 , 04:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Regs can be just as bad, and I only do them anymore when I'm feeling like nothing can bring me down, but each time the toxicity bubbles forth it makes the breaks I take between playing pvp at all longer and longer.

It's not even that people are being toxic to me in particular. I've had only two instances where it happened, and one was where an idiot thought he knew a better strategy while me and a stranger tried something different and completely turned the match to our favor. But I get just as turned off when the toxicity is directed at other people. I'll speak up and risk the toxic backlash, especially in lowbies, where you guys truly need to chill the **** out with new players, but it can get taxing and literally useless. They'll just continue being that way in their next match and so on.

I know it's popular to bash Bioware as the sole reason for such low populations in ranked and regs (people are begging for these on fleet, too!). Is there seriously no time you look in the mirror (figuratively) and think maybe if the community was more welcoming it would actually grow?
What is amusing often about the loudmouths, at least in regs, is that usually they're not on top of the leaderboard and often their criticism is quite wrong or ill-informed. For an example of the latter, I was in an Ancient Hypergate round a couple days ago where our node was capped late because four enemy players had also went there and had to be killed off first. One of the players who went to theirs started venting about the late cap, bashing "bads" for not being able to kill off "one" enemy player in a timely fashion. It was four, not one, and included a tank/ guarded healer combo. The matchup was also originally three vs four until two respawns came back to help cap.

I wonder how much of it is people who are being confronted with their own PVP mediocrity and lashing out at others as a form of denial, similar to the singers on shows like American/Pop Idol, who when confronted with their lack of talent often lash out angrily. There was a guy last night also in Ancient Hypergate ranting about carrying the team who had less than 500 DPS when the leaderboard popped and was middle of the pack on objective points. There was a couple players including myself who had several times that and more objective points to boot. Yet if you want by the chat, you'd think he was a Ranked All-Star carrying a team full of Reg bads on his back.

VaceDemon
08.31.2017 , 04:41 PM | #30
It's usually the loudmouths in regs that don't even que ranked.They know they would get stomped so they remain regstars. just ignore it and or respond with....it's regs, go (enter explicit here).
Vace
Harb

House of Purple