Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow ranked is toxic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Wow ranked is toxic

merovejec
08.29.2017 , 05:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
opers are generally not doing particular well in ranked.
what planet you play on man?
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

leonlotus
08.29.2017 , 06:05 AM | #12
As you told, many thing are out of individual control, because ability matters less than party compositions, in general.
Its hard to feel any motivation for competition, positive or negative.
So i imagine this kind of bickering, and it gives me 0 will to enter it.

Maegi
08.29.2017 , 06:19 AM | #13
I've been in and out of ranked since season 2. It has ALWAYS been like this. I don't know how people can be surprised at how toxic some people are anymore. Water is wet too in case you weren't aware.
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands
Abscess Vlaad Thuls'adoom Mits'inest'roga Bhyle Pureh Master'Blaster ISIL Seelentia U'la X'erg Ska'r L'vitate P'ewp Humun'gous Re'nd

Click here for stuff!

Magira
08.29.2017 , 12:16 PM | #14
The error is clearly related to Bioware. I also play PVP in other MMOs, everywhere you can report insults and threats at the click of a mouse. Here you can only report spam.

And indeed, in Guild Wars 2, for example, the tone is much less toxic.

If, as in WoW, it only serves as an alibi function but no action is taken, it does not help much.

The PVP gaming community is everywhere the same, mostly masculinistic and sexist, Especially Bioware and EA, who feel committed to the rights of the Queer community would need to take action against it.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

sir_valor
08.29.2017 , 01:24 PM | #15
are not really impressing me.
Oh no!

Kyuuu
08.29.2017 , 01:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
It's why I'll be doing regs forever. I can get my booty kicked without being yelled at there.
regs can be just as bad if not worse

-Bob-
08.29.2017 , 01:50 PM | #17
Wow ranked is toxic
SWTOR Ranked is pretty toxic to.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Metallistic
08.29.2017 , 05:31 PM | #18
People care about ranked in SWTOR? LMAO
Server: The Ebon Hawk
IGN: Crypticus

orangenee
08.29.2017 , 06:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
regs can be just as bad if not worse
Estimated time to rage message in regs is far longer. I'm on a less populated server though. Most of the poopyheads languish in Ops/FPs there though, where even not hammering away on the space is a hate crime and punishable by poorly written insults and possibly a kick.

That and I'm a one and done player. PvP is basically a break activity so I never catch much flak as I'm not completely terrible but I'm not very good either.

The time you play it is a factor, home time for timmy(school end) is a bad time to play as is late at night as that is when the cheeto munching simpletons emerge. They mostly come out at night.....mostly.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Bobby_McDonald
08.30.2017 , 08:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post

Lastly, what sucks are mainly the stealth classes. I mean to see how an operative is able to troll around 2 players in the end when all are dead and win in acid is just ridiculous. Yes, its player skill but that class has everything, BIG burst dmg, aoe cc, hard stun, self heals, stealth out..... its just too much for one class I would say.
If an operative wins vs 2 players in acid he really deserves the win. He must be much better than those he just "trolled". Try it yourself and you will see that you cannot win acid against two players of the same skill level.