Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow ranked is toxic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Wow ranked is toxic

Lundorff
08.28.2017 , 03:39 PM | #1
I played a bit last season, but I don't remember it being this bad. So much name calling and blaming everyone for everything that goes wrong. And it's extremely random. Yesterday was neat with lots of wins, and today it has been loss upon loss (from 11:3 to 13:12).

The team compositions are wildly important e.g do you have mercs, maras and sins and good eng-snipers. Do you have good players or relative new people? Gear? Obviously there are also the occasional leaver or wintrader, but that hasn't really been a problem so far.

And some of you guys here on this forum are amongst those blaming others. I know your names! You really should just accept that there are some things beyond your control. Play as epic as you can on your toon and be an inspiration for others, rather than a source of frustration

Evolixe
08.28.2017 , 04:22 PM | #2
Frustration happens, but I am not one to shut up and leave a terrible game without telling people what I thought went wrong. That doesn't always (read: quite often) go in an entirely friendly manner, but there is some hope in there people at least pick up on what is said.

I'm no less human than you or anyone else here though.
And frustrations can get the better of me rather quickly if a loss was quite easily avoidable.

If it's a close game on the other hand and everyone gave it their all..
I will still commend you for a performance well done. But those games are extremely rare.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

orangenee
08.28.2017 , 04:33 PM | #3
Welcome to ranked......anything.

They should rename anything termed ranked to "Salt Mines".
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Kyuuu
08.28.2017 , 05:03 PM | #4
pvp/wz in general is toxic the amount ego in there and complainers turns new people away

orangenee
08.28.2017 , 05:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
pvp/wz in general is toxic the amount ego in there and complainers turns new people away
It's why I'll be doing regs forever. I can get my booty kicked without being yelled at there.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Totemdancer
08.28.2017 , 07:09 PM | #6
This was always going to happen when Bioware said they were buffing UC for ranked. The blame for it falls squarely on their shoulders.

Lundorff
08.29.2017 , 12:37 AM | #7
I especially love it when people who take less damage and do less damage, are still the ones complaining

Lundorff
08.29.2017 , 12:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
This was always going to happen when Bioware said they were buffing UC for ranked. The blame for it falls squarely on their shoulders.
Actually I have no problem with new people given ranked a try - sometimes you get them on your side, and sometimes you are against them. Yes they might be inexperienced and with questionable gear, but at least they are not the ones verbally abusing everyone.

merovejec
08.29.2017 , 12:46 AM | #9
To be honest so far I have seen no significant wintrading or component farming. Also no hackers.....yet.

I have done a lot of matches and have seen the inbalance in the classes and also skill of players. It seems that only good players que ranked now but stranegly enough the good players mostly end up in one team and wreck the other, but thats just rng I suppose.

Lastly, what sucks are mainly the stealth classes. I mean to see how an operative is able to troll around 2 players in the end when all are dead and win in acid is just ridiculous. Yes, its player skill but that class has everything, BIG burst dmg, aoe cc, hard stun, self heals, stealth out..... its just too much for one class I would say.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

Lundorff
08.29.2017 , 02:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Lastly, what sucks are mainly the stealth classes. I mean to see how an operative is able to troll around 2 players in the end when all are dead and win in acid is just ridiculous. Yes, its player skill but that class has everything, BIG burst dmg, aoe cc, hard stun, self heals, stealth out..... its just too much for one class I would say.
Two people should be able to out-damage any 1 class during acid, and opers are generally not doing particular well in ranked. Even those opers that I expect more of are not really impressing me.