Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough about Theron. Please :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough about Theron. Please :)

Thruine
10.06.2017 , 02:21 PM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
My you think highly of yourself. You're not going to be denying me any choices, because you don't own the game.
Look, dude. I stopped reading after this but I want to make one thing clear and its going to be the very last time. You and others have carried on that if people want the kill option denied to everyone they are denying you of some choice. I haven't done that though agree that if we're all going to have to suffer when its used then sure, denying it at times is perfectly fair to me. Do you understand because I tire of repeating the same thing over and over to people that just refuse to accept their choices shouldn't affect me and others. If you don't understand then I'll happily ignore you and go about my business griping about what I want to gripe about and people will just have to get over it.

And you have no idea what I own or not so don't pull out your inner twelve year old to me.

edit Well, I did finish it and shouldn't be surprised so welcome to the list.

Thruine
10.06.2017 , 02:31 PM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
The only real evidence we had that Valkorion and Vitiate were the same person (during the time Koth talks about him) was that Lana and the Outlander claim to know through the Force that they are. Senya never met Vitiate. To anyone who had never encountered both versions of him, they would seem two unrelated beings.

Valkorion also admits to being Vitiate in conversations only the Outlander can hear.
If I recall, Lana takes the news pretty easily. The whole thing really. You tell her he's in your mind and she says lets don't tell anyone. I didn't get the option to kill Koth (and I do think he's overly annoying) since at that time I had no idea if what I was experiencing was actually real. That the emperor was really there and this was some trick to drive me crazy. If I had taken it as truly real I may have gotten fed up with him more but I take the Koth character as one who has trouble seeing outside his own 'world'. He may go out to space and see other worlds but he doesn't associate himself as 'they are like me'. Its not unlike how the Empire sees others as lesser. The Republic sees others as possible foes or tools. Just a typical mindset of most humans.

Nefla
10.06.2017 , 03:19 PM | #823
Quote: Originally Posted by Thruine View Post
If I recall, Lana takes the news pretty easily. The whole thing really. You tell her he's in your mind and she says lets don't tell anyone. I didn't get the option to kill Koth (and I do think he's overly annoying) since at that time I had no idea if what I was experiencing was actually real. That the emperor was really there and this was some trick to drive me crazy. If I had taken it as truly real I may have gotten fed up with him more but I take the Koth character as one who has trouble seeing outside his own 'world'. He may go out to space and see other worlds but he doesn't associate himself as 'they are like me'. Its not unlike how the Empire sees others as lesser. The Republic sees others as possible foes or tools. Just a typical mindset of most humans.
Of course our designated Waifu believes everything we say as she dotes on us, hangs on our every word, and lovingly breaks into our rooms to watch us sleep.

Damask_Rose
10.06.2017 , 10:19 PM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
You don't know what you're talking about, and it's like you are living inside your own bubble you can't see outside of, because you don't want to. Plenty of people are intrigued by the new story arc and are in fact looking forward to finding out what happens next. I am one of them.

Wow, you really think that is the only two groups of people who exist playing this game right now? Pull your head out. I've always liked Theron and I was shocked by his betrayl, as well as genuinely saddened by it. But I want to play out the rest of the story according to my character's values, even if that results in Theron being killed. That doesn't make me some flippant edgelord who is just foaming at the mouth to pull the trigger on anyone the game let's me. You are talking to someone who SAVED KOTH. You should also remember the OP of this thread, and by the way, the title of the thread.

The way I see it, the main difference between you and me is you are willing to put an NPC's wellbeing over your own player character's, and to me, shaping and playing out my player character's personality will always come before any NPC. And I am not ashamed of that.
Let me break this down for you so you can understand it a little better.

The post of mine you quoted was in response to you referring to how pleased the developers are over the discussion people are having about the traitor arc. It had absolutely nothing to do with Theron's well being or my character's well being. My response was entirely, 100% about the quality of the story or lack there of and how people have been reacting to it. I read these forums, the Reddit forums, and Facebook every day. There has been a huge amount of negative feedback about the quality of the story, so if I'm in my own little bubble, it's a pretty big crowded bubble with a lot of other people in it.

And I never said there were only two groups of people playing this game. I mentioned 4 general types of responses to the story. Again, responses to the traitor arc, not the game as a whole. I also never said those were the only responses anyone ever had to the game (that's just silly).

1. "Very few people like the traitor arc and are excited to see it unfold." Means, yes, there are people who are excited about the traitor arc, clearly you are one of them.

2. "Far more people think it is out right bad and nonsensical and couldn't care less what happens next they just want it over so we can move on to a new story that is hopefully better thought out." That's based on many, many posts on the aforementioned social media sites.

3. "There are people who like Theron and are horrified by his character being ruined and want the arc to end so they can get him back and pretend this crap didn't happen." Again based on many, many posts on social media.

4. "And there are people who want to kill Theron and couldn't care less what the story reasons are." And again, based on many, many posts on social media.

To reword that for you. 1. People who like it. 2. People who don't care. 3. People who hate what was done to Theron because it is OOC. 4. People who just want to kill Theron for reasons.

If Bioware pulls a rabbit out the hat and this story makes perfect sense for all types characters and does justice to Theron's established personality by the end, I will happily apologize for criticizing and doubting them. Until then I'm going to judge the story by what we've seen so far.

Thruine
10.06.2017 , 10:42 PM | #825
I clearly thought my character was serving as a figurehead who put Lana and Theron in charge and just stepped in when something needed hitting. So getting that whole speech of how I was doing this and that when I was only going by what my two 'advisors' sent me left me puzzled. But I am concerned about being left with an alliance ran by two (one really). I never got to bring information to them it seemed nor plan something. So the potential still isn't reached for me and if they do make Theron not part of the future story then they may as well redo everything previous so that its Lana leading the Jedi Council and starting my training and forming the plan against the emperor. Ruling the senate. just all of it since that's what I can imagine it would be like in the future without having a counterpart for Lana.

Eshvara
10.07.2017 , 12:14 AM | #826
I wonder if Theron being a real traitor can be based on which option you chose at the end?
The preview we've seen is clearly the light side version of it as I doubt the one who out a bounty on him would say "let's bring him home" in Umbara, doesn't your character want him to "come home" when you want him back?
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

BlueShiftRecall
10.07.2017 , 12:25 AM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I wonder if Theron being a real traitor can be based on which option you chose at the end?
The preview we've seen is clearly the light side version of it as I doubt the one who out a bounty on him would say "let's bring him home" in Umbara, doesn't your character want him to "come home" when you want him back?
I hope that decision will have some impact or at least ones we've made since Iokath.

I wonder if the line will be something along the lines of putting an end to him once and for all, or even capturing him for torture/interrogation?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Eshvara
10.07.2017 , 12:38 AM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
I hope that decision will have some impact or at least ones we've made since Iokath.

I wonder if the line will be something along the lines of putting an end to him once and for all, or even capturing him for torture/interrogation?
That's what I was thinking, it would seem kind of odd if both versions would want to bring him home. Dark and Light. Although I don't think placing a bounty on him was an allignment choice to my memory?
I guess there's a chance your character somehow finds out about everything if he's a triple+ agent and everyone somehow wants to bring him home.

After the discussions about Theron I did believe the triple agent route as it makes sense based on what a lot of people said, but the latest trailer and the look Theron had seemed pretty serious. I don't know what to think anymore.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

BlueShiftRecall
10.07.2017 , 12:55 AM | #829
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
After the discussions about Theron I did believe the triple agent route as it makes sense based on what a lot of people said, but the latest trailer and the look Theron had seemed pretty serious. I don't know what to think anymore.
Maybe they're splitting up the trailer between LS and DS scenes/moments and dialogue? Or maybe his DS acting has just improved.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

vadess
10.07.2017 , 01:14 AM | #830
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Of course our designated Waifu believes everything we say as she dotes on us, hangs on our every word, and lovingly breaks into our rooms to watch us sleep.
The day LAna does that is the day my sniper blows her head off.