Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough about Theron. Please :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough about Theron. Please :)

serenitty
08.28.2017 , 03:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I don't believe that for a second. The ladies here like the characters BECAUSE of the voice. Case in point: Quinn. Absolute zero of a character, but 500 pages of oh that voice :drool: Or, the one that really makes no sense: Arcann. Murderous psychopath, but lawd dat voice. Girl betta get you some...
You can get used to a different voice over time, it can be quite jarring at first but it can be done. It's not all about the voice and no not all the ladies are all about the voice and those that say that you will probably find will love the character just as much, the voice is only a part of it.
Coming from being a lady myself.

Suzsi
08.28.2017 , 03:30 PM | #22
I don't believe that for a second. The ladies here like the characters BECAUSE of the voice. Case in point: Quinn. Absolute zero of a character, but 500 pages of oh that voice :drool: Or, the one that really makes no sense: Arcann. Murderous psychopath, but lawd dat voice. Girl betta get you some...
I am a lady here as is Serenity. I think we both just proved that to be incorrect. Yes I do enjoy Troy Baker as a VA but I would prefer not to lose Theron just because of the VA leaving. I also care just as much about my characters, the ones Ive taken through all of these storys and it is not an outcome I wish for them, Id rather see a change in VA then the utter destruction of their stories

Eshvara
08.28.2017 , 03:32 PM | #23
I don't believe that for a second, or the very least, you're in the minority. The ladies here like the characters BECAUSE of the voice. Case in point: Quinn. Absolute zero of a character, but 500 pages of oh that voice :drool: Or, the one that really makes no sense: Arcann. Murderous psychopath, but lawd dat voice. Girl betta get you some...
While I like Arcann's voice a lot, I find his character actually attractive + the model used. I've watched that cinematic way too much.
And as for murderous psychopath, aren't all Sith!!?!??
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

ThomasStarWars
08.28.2017 , 03:34 PM | #24
I feel they should let us kill theron. He is annoying.

Besides, he's not really that important at all. Lana is.

Suzsi
08.28.2017 , 03:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
While I like Arcann's voice a lot, I find his character actually attractive + the model used. I've watched that cinematic way too much.
And as for murderous psychopath, aren't all Sith!!?!??
I don't really have a voice kink over Therons VA he mostly just seems like a normal guy to me.
Arics on the other hand is a different story id still rather a VA change there then for my girls to lose Aric too. Id get used to a new one in time.

Eshvara
08.28.2017 , 03:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I don't really have a voice kink over Therons VA he mostly just seems like a normal guy to me.
Arics on the other hand is a different story id still rather a VA change there then for my girls to lose Aric too. Id get used to a new one in time.
I love Timothy Omundson, he is a good VA and was amazing in supernatural.🤗
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Sarova
08.28.2017 , 03:40 PM | #27
I don't believe that for a second, or the very least, you're in the minority. The ladies here like the characters BECAUSE of the voice. Case in point: Quinn. Absolute zero of a character, but 500 pages of oh that voice :drool: Or, the one that really makes no sense: Arcann. Murderous psychopath, but lawd dat voice. Girl betta get you some...
Have you been lurking??? You are correct - the voice does indeed make the companion for me (and many of the Quinnmancers). Malavai Quinn's voice actor is what makes Quinn so great, same with Aric and Theron. And for other characters Valkorian would not have been the same without that voice and as much as I hated her neither would Vaylin; her voice actor did so well in making her sound like psychotic child beyond any kind of redemption. Theron would not be the same without his voice.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Lunafox
08.28.2017 , 03:41 PM | #28
I hope the rumour some of you guys are alluding to isn't true. It would be terrible if Troy Baker didn't want to voice Theron anymore. I LOVE his voice. I would give practically anything to keep him around. I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

That said, I suppose if they found someone who sounded like Troy Baker to take over if he didn't want to do it anymore, that would be preferable to him dying...but I just can't fathom Troy's amazing voice not being a part of the game.

Please don't let it be so. I wish the Bioware people could tell us if there is any possibility of the rumour being true or not.

Keith? Are you reading? Can you find out and tell us? It would be appreciated.

serenitty
08.28.2017 , 04:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I hope the rumour some of you guys are alluding to isn't true. It would be terrible if Troy Baker didn't want to voice Theron anymore. I LOVE his voice. I would give practically anything to keep him around. I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

That said, I suppose if they found someone who sounded like Troy Baker to take over if he didn't want to do it anymore, that would be preferable to him dying...but I just can't fathom Troy's amazing voice not being a part of the game.

Please don't let it be so. I wish the Bioware people could tell us if there is any possibility of the rumour being true or not.

Keith? Are you reading? Can you find out and tell us? It would be appreciated.
I love Troy's voice too and that was indeed why I was drawn to Theron in the first place, but I also love the character and would much prefer they bring in a new VA if Troy leaves rather than lose Theron altogether.
Hopefully this is a rumour grown for being the reason of this storyline though.

orangenee
08.28.2017 , 04:05 PM | #30
I expected either him or Lana, there was no other option.

They'd have had an eruption either way and as mentioned if it were anybody else it be a resounding "meh" or another set moaning. The "mistake" they made was going for treachery (again), people were going to be unhappy with whatever choice they made after that.

They went lazy for the biggest dramatic impact.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn