Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough about Theron. Please :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Enough about Theron. Please :)

Sarova
08.28.2017 , 02:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
That's what concerns me as well, that because they made him a traitor, that there will be a kill option and that will reduce his presence in any future story. I DON'T WANT to see that happen. I want to see Theron have an important and visible role in stories in the future.

As you said, those with kill options given, have been reduced to nothing and I don't want to see that for Theron. It's bad enough that Quinn will likely never speak again because of this.

Kill Theron, reduce Theron's presence...you may as well kill my sub too.
I think this is the point the OP has missed. The story with Theron has the potential to be excellent actually and gives Theron as central role as some of us wanted. The fact that there are so many emotionally charged posts about the Umbara story line supports that he is a much liked character. Unfortunately, the potential for a kill option also comes with this story line. As said above and in other threads, kill options mean putting a main character out of the story (Koth for example couldn't even be redeemed and brought back into the alliance after he betrayed you - he could only exile himself; Vette/Torian are probably out for good depending on who you chose to rescue; Aric has been reduced to letters & token comments and I suspect Kaliyo has too). I might be a huge Quinn fan however remove Theron as well and I'm out.
However, if this story line has been taken due to reasons out of the writer/developers control (such as the rumour about Theron's voice actor leaving) then they need to be honest and tell us.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Asmodesu
08.28.2017 , 02:54 PM | #12
Like others here have said. Only thing I despise about this turn of events is if they give a kill option when Theron returns, since like everyone else who can be, he won't show up again in the story outside of -maybe- one line, and the cut+paste romance scenes that every present/returned LI shares.

I love the entire traitor arc, and the questioning, excitedly waiting for the next snippet of info to see where this leads etc. It has the possibility to be a great story, my fear and everything hanging on it is the conclusion of the story, in regard to if this arc is it for Theron in the storyline or not. This is the reason so many of is hate this revelation. If Bioware announced, and stuck with, that he won't have any kill option a ton of the dislike etc for the story arc will evaporate. But of course they'll never do that.

BlueShiftRecall
08.28.2017 , 02:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
However, if this story line has been taken due to reasons out of the writer/developers control (such as the rumour about Theron's voice actor leaving) then they need to be honest and tell us.
I've never even heard this rumour before, if it's true then I'm super worried.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Foambreaker
08.28.2017 , 03:03 PM | #14
That's what concerns me as well, that because they made him a traitor, that there will be a kill option and that will reduce his presence in any future story. I DON'T WANT to see that happen. I want to see Theron have an important and visible role in stories in the future.

As you said, those with kill options given, have been reduced to nothing and I don't want to see that for Theron. It's bad enough that Quinn will likely never speak again because of this.

I'm sorry, but I am drooling at the chance to kill them (Lana too)

If they put The Order mask and robes on Direct Sale, I can be appeased

Spyderwoman
08.28.2017 , 03:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
I've never even heard this rumour before, if it's true then I'm super worried.
Yeah that is super worrying. I dont mind that they made him the traitor as the story HOPEFULLY will be good from here out, but dont kill him off please. Or i will kill my sub too, i enjoy his character.
Click http://www.swtor.com/r/rxqdKl for free 7 days subscription, bundle pack of goodies, a free transfer and more.

Eshvara
08.28.2017 , 03:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
I'm sorry, but I am drooling at the chance to kill them (Lana too)

If they put The Order mask and robes on Direct Sale, I can be appeased
I want him dead for all the reasons people don't, simply because he and Lana matter too much in the story and have been for too long. If there was a bigger crew with equally relevant members I wouldn't give a damn. But that's not the case here.
If the story wouldn't always be "Theron Lana and you doing something, I wouldn't care if they lived a thousand years.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

kodrac
08.28.2017 , 03:11 PM | #17
Maybe Troy Baker just wants out or has more Joker work to focus on and it's not up to you. Kinda puts BW in a bind.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Suzsi
08.28.2017 , 03:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Maybe Troy Baker just wants out or has more Joker work to focus on and it's not up to you. Kinda puts BW in a bind.
Nah thats a cop out when VAs can be swapped, which as odd as it would feel for a time would be preferable to many of us then to destroy the relationships we have built with the characters over the years.

serenitty
08.28.2017 , 03:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Nah thats a cop out when VAs can be swapped, which as odd as it would feel for a time would be preferable to many of us then to destroy the relationships we have built with the characters over the years.
This ^^. As much as I love Troy Baker's voice and how much I associate it with being Theron, another VA would be more preferable than killing off the character.

kodrac
08.28.2017 , 03:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
I don't believe that for a second, or the very least, you're in the minority. The ladies here like the characters BECAUSE of the voice. Case in point: Quinn. Absolute zero of a character, but 500 pages of oh that voice :drool: Or, the one that really makes no sense: Arcann. Murderous psychopath, but lawd dat voice. Girl betta get you some...
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ