Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Re-hire your old flashpoint designers.....

Slurmez
08.27.2017 , 10:39 PM | #1
Manaan, Rishi, Bloodhunt, Korriban, Tython, Legacy of Rakata and now Umbra are all cancerous flashpoints, people see them pop up in the group finder (for master) then just leave and wait 10 minutes because its just not worth it.

The mechanics arent fun, just hard, the areas are pure bleah and there is no reward to speak of in terms of the effort. Whoever designs them is doing a terrible, terrible job.

MrNihulus
08.28.2017 , 12:21 AM | #2
I wouldn't say they are all Cancerous Flashpoints (well maybe Blood Hunt) The flashpoints should be in a separate queue on Master Mode and should yield better rewards.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

DeannaVoyager
08.28.2017 , 01:50 AM | #3
They are hard only of people are poorly geared or don't know what to do. I enjoy those flashpoints myself a lot, but I rather do them with guildies than random people, because a) I know they know their **** b) they don't rage quit after first wipe.

Even with random people they can be done, if everyone knows what to do, or are willing to learn. The biggest problem (IMHO) is, that after leveling a class was made too fast and too easy, people don't know how to play anymore. They've learned that everything should be easy, and if you wipe, they blame everyone except themselves. That's why they won't get better either. I like challenges, and I love it when those harder flashpoints pop, even if it means higher repair bills. But yeah, rewards should be better, especially for Blood Hunt and Manaan.

rantboi
08.28.2017 , 01:53 AM | #4
those flashpoints are fine. people who cry and quit when they pop are what's cancerous.

merovejec
08.28.2017 , 02:51 AM | #5
All FPS you mentioned are fine and fun! Yes, the Umbara one is annoying, 1st boss, the immune phases and the vanishing of the boss brings absolutely nothing to the encouter, just annoys ppl. 2nd boss the ricle attack, you have no way to evade it or do anything so why even notify you of the attack if you cant run or counter it??
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Torvai
08.28.2017 , 03:03 AM | #6
You mean the guys that did Kaon and Lost Island?

The FPs are fine. And what hard mechanics are you talking about? Okay, I haven't done Umbara yet, but all the other FPs mechanics you mention are "Don't stand where you're not supposed to". Other than that it's tank'n'spank. Really hard.

The only thing making these FPs hard is the average player that can't even walk in a straight line without help.
Guys that do less dps than a tank. Guys that stand in every voidzone they can find. Guys that blame a healer of He doesn't want or can't heal through stupid. I could go on. But really everyone with half a brain does fine in these FPs.

Threjyan
08.28.2017 , 03:46 AM | #7
those FP are hard for the casual players i agree.

hence i think BW, should catter, both sides, and seperate the FPīs, on 2 tiers. include those ones you mentioned, in the hardest tier - i guess this way people would be happy to know what they could possible get. (mucha alike they had lost island and kaon undersiege in 1.x era)

now about the new FP - CiU - i must dare to say something: just fix the damn bosses. fights are a bit demanding, and having the bosses , like that damn dog, doing breath in a complete diferent position then the one he is facing, kinda ruins the fun. fix the problems of the bosses and the FP will be fine. i really didnt like underlurker cross problem server thinggies, and having it on a fp booss is kinda meh.

on the other hand i really like the "deafening" mechanic of the 3rd boss, when dps need to use cooldowns properly, and possible save their class buffs to burn bosses (burn phase of last boss).
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

RobertFKennedyUS
08.28.2017 , 09:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Manaan, Rishi, Bloodhunt, Korriban, Tython, Legacy of Rakata and now Umbra are all cancerous flashpoints, people see them pop up in the group finder (for master) then just leave and wait 10 minutes because its just not worth it.

The mechanics arent fun, just hard, the areas are pure bleah and there is no reward to speak of in terms of the effort. Whoever designs them is doing a terrible, terrible job.
The last line is stupid. I actually run a HM FP / MM Uprising team just because I want the achievements (and the pride of victory over something worth doing) of beating things like Commander Mokan 25 times, and the hardest of the MM Uprisings. Commander Mokan is a very satisfying fight, and I derive satisfaction from Blood Hunt, and all the other flashpoints you mention as well (except for Legacy of the Rakata, which is easier). I also don't need 4 good people for all of them. The new FP I approve of as well, I enjoy the challenge, my only suggestion is put in some coms chatter and a quick cut scene to give more depth to the bosses.

I will say that beating Mokan and the hardest of the MM Uprisings could use some kind of special reward, a title would be nice for Mokan (perhaps some kind of alchemist joke).
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

Schoock
08.28.2017 , 10:00 AM | #9
Umbara aside, most HM flashpoints are a joke in difficulty and are easily doable fully on bolster. Yes, even your feared LI/Manaan ones.

Umbara is just junk, full of stupid, unavoidable one-shots. Mokan is at least fun, but I don't see myself ever queueing for Umbara once I have my 25 completions on HM. (Not to mention it's just a credit sink with no rewards you can't get from Hammer Station or solo mode.)
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse - Gone for good

AlrikFassbauer
08.28.2017 , 10:40 AM | #10
I still want something as fast & smooth like Hammerstation and Athiss. Especially Hammerstation.
Well, KDY is a bit like that ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.