Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How old is our character?

Diviciacus
10.06.2017 , 10:00 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackerprincess View Post
Would it make sense for my Jedi Consular to be around 7 years old when she was taken by the Jedi? I know it's ultimately up to me but I want things to make sense. She was 17 when she started her adventure on Tython and should be 28 (Not sure if I should count the years in carbonite or not) by the time of the Iokath story. I feel pretty weird about this when I found out how old Nadia is. She is apparently older than my character yet her padawan? Do Jedi even do this type of thing?
Well I mean what age you set for your toon now is up to you, but the Consular has been in training since at least the age of four. The very first conversation, Yuon Par mentions that the PC was stronger in the force at age 4 than she was at 14.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Vogtner
10.07.2017 , 01:24 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
Despite referring to everyone as "kid", the Smuggler is supposedly a little older than Jiik from the Coruscant story (who seemed fairly young). So mid to late 20's probably.
Like someone else said:
Quote: Originally Posted by feylyndiira View Post
Not really, because in most cases, it seems like the speaker is using it as more of either an endearment or as a way of being condescending than actually commenting on the age of the character.
"Kid" is just a nickname. It's NOT the law of the Universe nor should it be treated as such. Just because Smuggler refers to some characters as "kid" doesn't make them older than Darmas Pollaran. Smuggler also refers to Darmas as older than them. Bounty Hunter (Grand Champion of the Great Hunt) also refers to some characters as "kid" such as Torian Cadera. Torian was born on 3660 BBY according to the Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia placing him as Age 17-18 by the time you meet him. Hunter also calls Mako "little girl" who is also the same age as Torian.

BenitsubasaChiyo
10.08.2017 , 08:49 AM | #73
Honestly, Smuggler always struck me as the oldest one of the bunch. Not by much, of course, let's say if other characters are around 20-21, Smuggler would be 27-28 like Han Solo in Ep IV.
Smuggler's overall demeanor (based on their dialogue options, regardless of DS/LS inclinations) creates the impression of somewhat experienced person who's already seen their share of galactic stuff prior to the beginning of their main story, whereas Trooper/Agent/Knight/Consular are fresh out of training, SI was former slave and SW begins as merely a talented acolyte. Can't recall anything about the Hunter though..
Blasting reds since early access
The Red Eclipse

DavidKatski
10.14.2017 , 04:44 PM | #74
Since I like to do RP with my characters, I've created backstories for most of them (the ones I really enjoy playing anyway). Based on their appearance, the majority are entering their storyline in their early 20s (22-24). Almost all my characters are descendants of characters from the KOTOR 1 & 2 or are related to characters from the Dark Horse comic series. My youngest character is actually the daughter of one of my Jedi Consular's and she started at age 19.

Cuiwe
10.14.2017 , 05:11 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhedzaban View Post
When we start the game i always assumed our character was a 20ish year old padawan/apprentice/recruit. My feeling is that the game has been going 6 years now and if we add to that the 5 years in stasis then our character is now in their early 30s.

Does that sound about right? Has anyone worked out an exact timeframe for our characters? Rightly or wrongly, I always assumed all the classes are the same age.
There is no canon age. If you want to know mine(during Class Story):

Knight: Some 45. If you saw him, you'd understand. He also begins as a Master that was in self imposed exile(I came up with this prior to TFA). Look, the story's Mary Sue enough, why not go the full way?

Consular: Some mid 30s.

Trooper: 28-32(undecided)

Smuggler: 36

Warrior: 100? Idk how long Sith Redskins live...

Inquisitor: He's just an idea at this time, so idk

Bounty Hunter: Idk how long Zabrak live. But what'd amount to 40s in human years.

Agent: Don't care. If I were to make one...some 24-28. Would be nice mirroring if both Agent and Trooper had the same age heh.

If I were to hazard a guess what they were going for is ages 22-32 for all characters. I kinda doubt they designed any class to be over 32 and under 22 tbh.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Cuiwe
10.14.2017 , 05:25 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Well I mean what age you set for your toon now is up to you, but the Consular has been in training since at least the age of four. The very first conversation, Yuon Par mentions that the PC was stronger in the force at age 4 than she was at 14.
Let me take my Consular as an example:

They knew of his abilities. They watched him for a long time. But seeing how he's Alderaan native and not only that, but of a smaller House too, it wasn't easy to just pluck a child. And there were Sith around as well. They especially wanted to lure him through sweet lies. This put Jedi in quite the conundrum. So, what they decided to do is to STALL the situation with the Sith. And they stalled it alright! Almost as proficiently as Azorious lol. For 10 years they stalled it because they knew what a Prodigy he was. This indirectly led to rather dire consequences on Alderaan. Or it did not, who is to tell? But it sure seemed so. Eventually, when he turned 14, he decided to enroll with the Jedi, not the Sith.

Or my Knight, enrollment first to the Sith then to the Jedi. He's actually quite gray. Just like his history with the Force is. Which is also oddly mirrored in the JK story. What a bunch of helixes, no?

I do pay attention to FACTS, it's just that once you do and you don't hang on them like a drunk does with the fence...they can help your creativity VERY MUCH.

I've such backstories for most of my characters.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

DAWUSS
10.14.2017 , 10:04 PM | #77
How many years has it been since Tython, Hutta, Ord Mantell, and Korriban?

Lazproperty
10.14.2017 , 11:25 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
How many years has it been since Tython, Hutta, Ord Mantell, and Korriban?
11 years

adormitul
10.15.2017 , 03:34 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazproperty View Post
11 years
Oh we are old its time for an new younger, faster and stronger character like in football once in your 30's you should retire.
Granted among those 11 years 5 do not count we where in carbonite.

Cuiwe
10.15.2017 , 04:37 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
Oh we are old its time for an new younger, faster and stronger character like in football once in your 30's you should retire.
Granted among those 11 years 5 do not count we where in carbonite.
What about Qui Gonn, Obi Wan, Yoda and such? They were ancient by your estimates.

Just because you're old(even my Knight...wouldn't say ~55 is old), doesn't mean you're for scrap. In fact, you could be more powerful if you're older. Take JK as an example:

Which makes more sense given the story as is:

1. An old veteran(not necessarily a Master)
or
2. A new kid on the block(who's supposedly more powerful than de facto Masters)

Most of /ugh, SO CHEESY comments that come by the way of JK's story come when you're looking at it from the perspective of #2. Because, I HATE such literally works(and I guess a lot of others do too). You end up being some kind of Ash Ketchup whose ****** quite common Pokemon ends up more powerful than mythic Pokemons...sorry, what? In fact, in case of #1, I wouldn't even say that Mary Sue applies. While in case of #2....MOST CERTAINLY IT DOES!

But then again, I'm not such a big fan of Luke, Rey, Ash etc. I mean, I like Luke as a person(a bit too dreamy / idealistic prior to Return tbh ; Return and post Return incarnation is just godlike though). I just don't care for his Mary Sue status at all. It made sense for Anakin, not so much for Luke.