Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How old is our character?

Dracofish
09.01.2017 , 08:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DudeinFlames View Post
That does not address what I said. When someone says, "During a treaty," they mean for however long that treat is active. The Cold War takes place during the Treaty of Coruscant. All of TOR up until the end of the Sith Warrior's chapter 2 is because that is when the Galactic War officially starts again. Using that time period to gauge Lana's age range is foolish unless you consider it literally just after the Treaty was signed, which nothing given her looks, personality, or mannerisms suggests about a woman pushing 50. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

It's more than likely that Theron and Lana are around the same age, and the Player/Outlander/Alliance Commander is either a few years younger or also around that age given the way these three interact with each other. People decades apart don't usually behave the same way, and they would certainly bring up the age difference. They do so with everyone else.
Theron has been assigned an actual birth year, so it is easy to calculate his age. So have most of the original companions.

And age isn't brought up with Andronikos or Quinn, and they can easily be pushing 20 years over the main character.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

AngFour
09.02.2017 , 03:11 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post

It might be my complete imagination, but Theron's model from in FE and beyond appears to have a bit of lighter hair at the temples (compared to his SoR model). It would make sense. He's in his mid-30's at that point and I could picture him getting a bit of salt n' pepper there.
OMG, I thought it was just me! Yes! He does look a little bit grey at the temples.

As for aging, I imagine my agent being around 21-22 when she got her Hutta assignment. Gotta remember that Imperials probably start military training at a fairly young age, like mid-late teens as opposed to late teens-early twenties. Not to mention they go to the military academy and such. So I imagine their specialized training would have started around 19-20ish. I base this off the fact that Vector Hyllus has a pretty detailed service record based off his conversations in both his story as well as Agent cut scenes, but he's only 26 when we meet him on Alderaan. So having the agent be a couple years younger than him, seeing as they're just starting out, seems feasible.

I am also in the camp that our characters don't age when frozen in carbonite. So my agent, while chronologically around 31-32ish, is still about 26-27ish biologically.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WdlNy8 I get stuff, you get stuff, we both win!

Diviciacus
09.02.2017 , 10:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AngFour View Post
I am also in the camp that our characters don't age when frozen in carbonite. So my agent, while chronologically around 31-32ish, is still about 26-27ish biologically.
Well, they can't age frozen in carbonite, or it would make Nok Drayen look like a moron. He froze himself for ten years to stop the disease ravaging his body in hopes of a cure. Didn't work, but if you still aged in carbonite, it really wouldn't have.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

DDaMAGEr
09.02.2017 , 10:56 AM | #44
First - we need to define the exact defintition of a year? What planet we observe, and align years by it? Or maybe it's galactic year, which millions times longer.
Second - what's inertial frame of reference character was placed primarily? If planet A moves relatively to planet B at 1/2 of lightspeed, then time passed to A inhabitants - actually one who was on planet B aged by 13,4% slower.
Third - different races and subraces have different metabolisms, so they might grow and age twice as faster or slower than anothers and even bigger difference. Not to mention of technology differences...

That l would understand from mah viewpoint.

orangenee
09.02.2017 , 12:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DDaMAGEr View Post
First - we need to define the exact defintition of a year? What planet we observe, and align years by it? Or maybe it's galactic year, which millions times longer.
Second - what's inertial frame of reference character was placed primarily? If planet A moves relatively to planet B at 1/2 of lightspeed, then time passed to A inhabitants - actually one who was on planet B aged by 13,4% slower.
Third - different races and subraces have different metabolisms, so they might grow and age twice as faster or slower than anothers and even bigger difference. Not to mention of technology differences...

That l would understand from mah viewpoint.
Hey bruh, you overloaded my nerd scanner.

It took at least 74 rotations of Tatooine's suns to make that......I have no idea how long that is btw.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

OfficerDonNZ
09.02.2017 , 12:28 PM | #46
Interesting thread

For my SW main I have a rather complex head canon for her that I won't go into detail but she was 35 when she first set foot on Korriban at Tremel's behest though she doesn't look her age so people keep calling her young one which makes her 42 by the time she took a five year nap in carbonite.
"Korriban’s a rock, mind the Sith." -Jolee Bindo.

DudeinFlames
09.02.2017 , 09:40 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Theron has been assigned an actual birth year, so it is easy to calculate his age. So have most of the original companions.

And age isn't brought up with Andronikos or Quinn, and they can easily be pushing 20 years over the main character.
I know, but that's not what I'm arguing.

Quinn is a servant. He'll always be subservient and respectful regardless of your age. Theron and Lana don't have that problem.

And Andronikos is around 35 at the start of the story, and looks like it. There's no way he's even remotely close to 20 years older than the player. Any of the player characters.

But as I said, I'm not saying it isn't up for debate, that would be the people trying to call the actual lead writer wrong.

Dracofish
09.02.2017 , 11:30 PM | #48

Quinn is a servant. He'll always be subservient and respectful regardless of your age. Theron and Lana don't have that problem.

And Andronikos is around 35 at the start of the story, and looks like it. There's no way he's even remotely close to 20 years older than the player. Any of the player characters.

But as I said, I'm not saying it isn't up for debate, that would be the people trying to call the actual lead writer wrong.
If you have an Inquisitor who is in their early 20's at the start of the main campaign, and you figure there is no aging while in carbonite, you could end up with a Nik that is nearly 20 years older by the time he shows his piratey mug again (keeping in mind that he'd be 48 when Iokath takes place).

Personally, my Nox was 22 when she met Nik (when he was 35).
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

IoNonSoEVero
09.02.2017 , 11:50 PM | #49

The actual lead writer wrote the codex entries that said Lana was working on Hoth 21 years ago, which are actually canon. The comment on Twitter was off-the-record and casual. I would trust the former over the latter.

IMHO they don't mention her exact birth year, even though they drop those clues, for the same reason they don't specify it for Lord Zash or Senya, and for the same reason a lot of the romanceable female companions are very young: too many stereotypes and too much negativity toward women over, say, 35. Nobody cares if Darth Marr or Malgus are in their 60s, and some will still consider them attractive, but if they were to officially say Lana was, let's say, 45, there would likely be a lot of OH NOES SHE'S OOOLLLLLLDD or LOL COUGAR!! comments and people dropping them as LIs.

Tashia
09.03.2017 , 04:17 PM | #50
well 3 out my 4 are Chiss -- and according to what I read -- the average life span for them is 80 yrs .. so .....
my BH is my JK's mom --- she had her when she was 14 ( not an unheard of thing in humans either) ---
that makes my JK 20ish; and my BH 34ish ... yes they are fairly young -- but Chiss mature faster than humans ( and remember, Thrawn was approx 17 when he became a commander in the Chiss navy .... so I have read )
The agent is now in the mid 20's -- she left Csilla early too --- 15 or so ....

My only human -- is probably about 30 now ... or early 30s
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......