Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
08.28.2017 , 06:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
Mhh I'd like to see people punished for leaving in the last 2 min so they can't queue for at least half an hour or so.
Think of it like this: you get some components, CXP and valor for just a loading screen. It's a lot better than having to sit through getting farmed for 10-15 mins for the exact same rewards.

Quick daily.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
08.28.2017 , 07:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
AFK Solution:
If the scum is afk for more than 30 seconds he gets the deserter stuff and if the still isn't active after another 45 seconds he will be removed from warzone the same way we get removed if we dont' leave starter area. Problem fixed, team gets rid of AFK players very fast and for good. Why the hell do you even que if you are trash and just stay afk in the corner to get the rewards while your team is trying to win ? ****
I hate AFK people too. But how do you solve the issue of the person guarding all match. I often hide out of sight and not move around when I'm guarding. Also I've seen AFK trolls on auto run in the corners so the system doesn't show them afk.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Ragequit solution:
Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved
This is a good idea.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
However there is a problem here... that if someone gets disconnected. What would happen then ?
If you disconnect you have to restart the game. So the system should be able to tell the difference of someone leaving through normal means or leaving because of a DC.
Of course that doesn't stop rage quitters from just loginning out and restarting. But that would become a pain to them after awhile.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
08.29.2017 , 04:35 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
The solution is to make all PvP Ranked.
Problem solved.
All PvP IS ranked. I keep track of my own ELO system via spreadsheet.

Johrun's Avatar


Johrun
09.10.2017 , 01:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post

AFK Solution:
I agree with deserter detection as afk solution. But can't already vote to kick sb from wz ops team for the said reason?



Quote:
Ragequit solution:

Solution: If you ragequit, you will no longer receive any CXP,, Components for the next 30 mins. Solved
No. Some of the losses and fights are fun, some not. People pay to have fun and nobody owes to anyone to stay in a match they're not enjoying for whatever reason.

Retro_Chrome's Avatar


Retro_Chrome
09.10.2017 , 08:50 PM | #25
8v8 would bring many people back, but the rage quitting that has got to stop, i have been in multiple games where facing the insurmountable odds we came back and won...ie needing a3 cap to win in ACW or a 1-5 huttball and coming back to win 6-5 they happen when players stop ovr reacting to garbage like premades and ****... stop giving up; and if you lose at lest you tried .
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

mfourcustom's Avatar


mfourcustom
09.10.2017 , 11:06 PM | #26
8v8 ranked would indeed be a disaster.. The population is not high enough for that anymore that's not even considering the fact almost all of the classes have out grown the 8v8 maps it would be pointless. About the rage quitters this happens in every game people quit the second a team caps their natural node in civil war a second before your team caps theirs it cant be fixed it never will be and even if it could bioware wont care enough to.
For the boys!

xMaranathax's Avatar


xMaranathax
09.11.2017 , 07:49 AM | #27
I can see that many of the replies seemed to not remember or never played 8v8 ranked when we did have it.

There was no solo queue. You formed an operations group with your friends/guildies and queued as an entire group. If someone rage quit, you knew exactly who that person was and you could either boot them from the ops or tell them to pop a chill pill.

Solo 8v8 would be disastrous, but what we once had, the "premade-only" 8v8 ranked was very fun, competitive, and enjoyable. I wish they would bring it back.

Talyc'jatne
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
09.11.2017 , 11:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
The solution is to make all PvP Ranked.
Problem solved.
That wouldn't eliminate ragequitting however because it happens just as frequently in regs. Enemy team captures two nodes early or goes up to 2-0 in Hutball? One to three people on the losing team immediately quit. It happens nearly every match.

For whatever reason there are some sore losers who just can't accept a loss and would rather quit than stick it out. The funny thing, at least for rags, is probably half the time these people quit too early and the match turns around.

Tharianus's Avatar


Tharianus
09.11.2017 , 11:43 AM | #29
I think 8vs8 Ranked would be possible.

just do it like Blade & Soul:

1. 8vs8 Ranked Solo Queue (the new normal queue - no premades allowed) - everybody will play objective and there will be no more quitters because no one wants to lose rating.

Besides so many people queue for regs every day i think most people would not mind to have an ELO system there.
People would still queue for regs with or without rating/ELO system.

2. 8vs8 Team Ranked Queue
3. 4vs4 Ranked Arenas

remove normal (unranked) completely and remove Solo Arena Queue.
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

mfourcustom's Avatar


mfourcustom
09.11.2017 , 04:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by xMaranathax View Post
I can see that many of the replies seemed to not remember or never played 8v8 ranked when we did have it.

There was no solo queue. You formed an operations group with your friends/guildies and queued as an entire group. If someone rage quit, you knew exactly who that person was and you could either boot them from the ops or tell them to pop a chill pill.

Solo 8v8 would be disastrous, but what we once had, the "premade-only" 8v8 ranked was very fun, competitive, and enjoyable. I wish they would bring it back.
It was indeed fun and for many of the players I knew and guild members of mine the only reason to stay subbed as PVE content for the vast majority of the ranked 8v8 era aka "pre season one" lul was EC HM which most capable groups had on farm within a months time and TFB which again both great ops that I still enjoy to this day however time between was too long and the ops themselves are considered by DP/DF/tos standards "easy/gear farming ops" to your point about wishing to bring 8s back I don't think it would play out well with the current state of PVP as I cant see competitive matchs of quesh huttball and oddessen proving ground being a thing lol One mediocre knock back can shut down even the most coordinate pushes easily on that map which would force teams to go for an "air raid" style of push in other words passing the ball play around the map which than introduces more RNG factors being involved not to mention the horrid rubber banding and other issues that map suffers lol oddessen proving ground is nothing but an example of how not to make a competitive pvp map IE gunslinger/sniper hunker down deactivate node Random power up RNG all this sours the taste of competition. The old maps are too aged I think for how the classes have grown over the years almost all classes in game now can somehow or another make it from one side of the map to the other (vanguard hold the line) in a matter of seconds where as in the past this was not possible so coordination, teamwork and communication was needed as these fail safes were not in place. I agree solo 8v8 would be a mess and not worth the player bases time or biowares that being said team 8v8 ranked would follow suit I think with the population of this game being what it is. In a matter of weeks harb would have probably 1-2 teams queuing and the queue would once again be dead.

Don't get me wrong 8v8 ranked was the best competitive gaming experience i've ever been involved in the most intense the most fun however many factors back when 8s were a thing are gone now I just don't think it would work. group 4v4 hardly happens on the US servers from what I understand tho i could be misinformed.
For the boys!