Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
8 vs 8 Ranked would be a massive disaster + Solution to AFK in Warzones and Ragequits

Kurj
08.28.2017 , 09:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
The solution is to make all PvP Ranked.
Problem solved.
That's what I tend to think. All matches should contribute to rating. That would allow for match-making in regs, and "hard core" PVPers would probably gravitate towards granked. However, I have voiced that opinion before, and it was not well received.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Schoock
08.28.2017 , 10:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurj View Post
That would allow for match-making in regs...
Unless you somehow believe making everything ranked would increase participation, it wouldn't.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

mhobin
08.28.2017 , 01:38 PM | #13
Rage quitting would be the least of problems if 8v8 ranked came back.

When the level cap went to 55 most ranked matches were stalemates, hypergates would go the distance, nobody could cap doors. With lvl 70s in an organized team setting very few games would ever be won. It was a great game mode when it was around, but now it would be a disaster.

betaku
08.28.2017 , 01:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Wrong viewpoint. PvP is for whatever reason people want to do it. There is no right or wrong reason to PvP.
I said "is made" of course you can play for whatever reason you want.

And this is "my" viewpoint, respect it.
Bėtrave - Sniper Beta'luna - Gunslinger
Takube - MarauderToutesttaku - Sentinel
Darth Malgus
Gaming Rig

betaku
08.28.2017 , 02:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Soooo people should stay in the match and allow themselves to be farmed to boost the ego of selfish little premade children? You are everything that is wrong with PVP.
So only children can do premade ? How you know ?
Bėtrave - Sniper Beta'luna - Gunslinger
Takube - MarauderToutesttaku - Sentinel
Darth Malgus
Gaming Rig

Lundorff
08.28.2017 , 02:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by betaku View Post
So only children can do premade ? How you know ?
Because your mother told on you last night.

-Bob-
08.28.2017 , 02:54 PM | #17
Yes all matches are ranked that way people wouldn't complain about Premades anymore. Oh wait.....
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

DenariusJay
08.28.2017 , 03:13 PM | #18
Eh, as someone whos ran alot of premades and been up against alot of premades, people who leave over premades groups don't bother me at all, because quite frankly, its not fair. I've been in farming parties, ya know, where you just brawl mid and keep killing the same disorganized yolos over and over, sure its fun and makes you feel like a true sith lord, but at the same time, I think to my self "If I were on the other team, I would've bailed along time ago" and I have been on the other side, and have bailed many times.

If you play on a server long enough you recognize names, I can tell right away by certain names that I'm going up against a premade or even a double premade, without fail. Some players run in a pack, and you just know its gonna be over if all the buddies are in the match.
I always tend to stick around for the first engagement, just to see how the yolos stack up, and 9 times outta 10 the first engagement is just a slaughter, which is the que to bail.

The only penalty I would like to see is you not being able to come back into a match you just bailed. I would be for that.

At the end the day, its a video game, yes, but its definitely not fun to get farmed over and over against a premade, especially against good players grouped up in a premade, or the worst, a double premade full of good players. That's not fun.... unless your in that premade. Then its the epitome of greatness, and you feel like a true Sith Lord. You will feel like bubba fette reincarnated, 3 times (if playing merc). I put my vader hood on for those moments, and take my pants off to really get into the mood. If only you could see how awesome I look behind my keyboard when this is happening, you would understand.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Lundorff
08.28.2017 , 03:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
Eh, as someone whos ran alot of premades and been up against alot of premades, people who leave over premades groups don't bother me at all, because quite frankly, its not fair. I've been in farming parties, ya know, where you just brawl mid and keep killing the same disorganized yolos over and over, sure its fun and makes you feel like a true sith lord, but at the same time, I think to my self "If I were on the other team, I would've bailed along time ago" and I have been on the other side, and have bailed many times.

If you play on a server long enough you recognize names, I can tell right away by certain names that I'm going up against a premade or even a double premade, without fail. Some players run in a pack, and you just know its gonna be over if all the buddies are in the match.
I always tend to stick around for the first engagement, just to see how the yolos stack up, and 9 times outta 10 the first engagement is just a slaughter, which is the que to bail.
Indeed, indeed. I have never premade, but when you play long enough, you quickly get feel for the flow of the match to come. It's not always premades that causes the imbalance, but when you get smashed right in the opening, well, the game is going to be terrible one-sided and extremely not fun.

funnypat
08.28.2017 , 06:37 PM | #20
Mhh I'd like to see people punished for leaving in the last 2 min so they can't queue for at least half an hour or so.

Everything else I agree with, but seriously it's more than annoying to join a game stuck in starter zone and can't do anything but watch the game to end - I get it if you want to leave at the beginning seeing there is no way of winning, also in the middle when you tried to steal a node and maybe trick them and it just doesn't work but in the last 1 - 2 mins?

Please just go afk or something but leaving at that time is just messing with people who join after you.

Also the Idea of all matches are ranked is quite nice, maybe just some adjustments so "regs" would not lower your ranking if you lose or the points you can get and lose are significantly lower than the ones you can get in "ranked" - something like that, so you don't have to wait 400 hours in ranked for a pop and you're still able to do something for your ranking.
Ręly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cęly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)