Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crisis on Umbrara Story, Upset and Dismayed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Crisis on Umbrara Story, Upset and Dismayed

Dimitir
08.31.2017 , 10:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by flygaren View Post
Ok, so Iīm kinda shellshocked and floating in a bubble of despair here....
Please donīt take the traitor away from my characters, I desperately need this companion back. This is so out of character for this companion if itīs not a big twist in the story to come.

Help me devs, your my only hope

yeah... there goes one of my highest lvl companions... just like that... in a piece of bad writing, because: PLOT TWIST: HE HAD TO BETRAY YOU IN ORDER TO CONVINCE...THE ORDER...OF HIS SINCERITY... IN ORDER... TO INFILTRATE THEM...
Yawn... who writes this ???? Captain Obvious

Koth would have been such a better and more logical solution, since he betrayed you once AND took your main weapon and ran away afterwards once again... he d be the perfect scapegoat

SteveTheCynic
08.31.2017 , 11:04 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimitir View Post
yeah... there goes one of my highest lvl companions... just like that... in a piece of bad writing, because: PLOT TWIST: HE HAD TO BETRAY YOU IN ORDER TO CONVINCE...THE ORDER...OF HIS SINCERITY... IN ORDER... TO INFILTRATE THEM...
Yawn... who writes this ???? Captain Obvious

Koth would have been such a better and more logical solution, since he betrayed you once AND took your main weapon and ran away afterwards once again... he d be the perfect scapegoat
Except that
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

devilkat
08.31.2017 , 12:44 PM | #23
I wouldn't be too upset anyway. We all see that something else is going on and I, for one, hope they are setting up for a good story arc with this character and a deeper LI story. I love the character, both as an LI and a friend, but this LI is a little lacking when compared to the vanilla ones, probably because you aren't with this one as long. This could shape up to be a very good story, hopefully with a sweet ending for an LI
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

MelgarCorties
08.31.2017 , 12:49 PM | #24
First, the game is awsome! The second i think all those trolls for just being asses and dont want to play it, leave. And third why be upset do it 100 times more until you cant do it any more i have played this game for 7- 8 years i loved kotor 1, 2 and i hope if you have an old xbox you will do the story on xbox have a (or 24) dr pepper and try from the beginning. Relax and do some new characters do it over again and again. Cuz bro this is what people lack in this game, patience. And i am truly sorry if this game is something else than what you expected. You can guess how long i waited for this game? When did bioware released kotor 1 i mean i played that game at the time when everything like a big blob of paint. Then 2004 it came, "THE SITH LORDS" i had waited for 3 years for a "game update". So when all of you guys talk about waiting you dont have a clue what waiting is.. I mean God 3 years!! Itīs alot of characters alot of dark side vs. light side And then we player where stuck in a loop hole for 5 YEARS 5 years!! So donīt, dont speak ill of this game end of story!!!

Keta
08.31.2017 , 02:12 PM | #25
In a sense it might not matter whether the "traitor" was genuinely betraying the Alliance or whether the traitor was acting as a 'rogue' double agent infiltrating the Order. From BW's perspective it would be quite easy to have the storyline be such that both of those possibilities have the same effect -- exposing serious weakness in the alliance and the loss of one of it's early leading members. The end result could be to eliminate The alliance from the SW:TOR storyline in the future a so many claim to want.

Just a thought.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Dracofish
08.31.2017 , 02:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
In a sense it might not matter whether the "traitor" was genuinely betraying the Alliance or whether the traitor was acting as a 'rogue' double agent infiltrating the Order. From BW's perspective it would be quite easy to have the storyline be such that both of those possibilities have the same effect -- exposing serious weakness in the alliance and the loss of one of it's early leading members. The end result could be to eliminate The alliance from the SW:TOR storyline in the future a so many claim to want.

Just a thought.
I doubt they'd eliminate Theron without eliminating Lana. That, and female SW's literally had to choose between him and Quinn 5min before the Umbara FP. So yeah, Theron's not gone for good. Not to mention all the additional media that he stars in. He's a big player in their story.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Gwaneth
08.31.2017 , 03:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Spoiler
I'm with you....I think it was a great twist of story. The whole laggy train fight was my biggest beef. The only part of the entire story I have had a very very had time with was Iokath. The choices were just stupid and didn't fit my LS Jedi at all.

Keta
08.31.2017 , 03:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I doubt they'd eliminate Theron without eliminating Lana. That, and female SW's literally had to choose between him and Quinn 5min before the Umbara FP. So yeah, Theron's not gone for good. Not to mention all the additional media that he stars in. He's a big player in their story.

Quite true. Of course in my little theory on story writing, it wouldn't really necessitate eliminating Theron (or Lana or ....) from the game. He/She could be around one way or another no matter what. There are problems with that though, just as their are problems for the Eternally Missing Companions. Be all that as it may, I usually am guilty of giving the BW writers far too much credit in future plots.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.